Feedback Thread for the "PlanetSide 2 Test Weekend"

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DarkTexas, Mar 12, 2015.

1. MZPSenTineL

Guys ... I'm disappointed big time with this flight mechanics ! I'm not a pilot in general but I fly from time to time, and even I can see the major difference now and then. I understand that this is made for PS4 controller, but this is kicking everyone on keyboard and mouse right into their nanites ... If this is put into game I cant even imagine what burster MAXes and Lock-Ons will destroy in a session - OP OP OP
  2. Thurwell

That's how the flight ceiling has always worked. For a fun time hit your afterburner first, the afterburners will get stuck on but you won't go anywhere. So you'll waste all your fuel to do nothing.
  3. JobiWan

So I tweeted to Bill about the resources, and he said 'go to the VR zone'.
  4. Interplanetary

Flight feels fine to me. Couple weird glitches with infantry though. The repair gun looks like its coming out of the players boots. Someone said I was running around with a knife and gun at the same time on their screen.
  5. Alfred The Butler

Decided to mess around on a Turbo Flash for a while today, And noticed a mountain that looked like a ramp, and just had to try and jump it! Got to say, I was not disappointing with the result. :)

[IMG]

Oh the places a Turbo + Surge Flash can go!
    Love the look of Koltyr But does feel a little cramped. Keep up the good work!
    • Up x 1
  6. neatoizer

So just finished playing on Koltyr, and it was busy. There were too many trees everywhere. because PS2 has many open areas (e.g. all of Esimir and Indar) I was expecting at least a few large open fields. This made ground play feel claustrophobic and made it far to difficult to engage with air. With that said, the flight controls were nice (I dont normally play the air game) but felt a bit hard to control near and around objects (buildings, trees, etc.) I wasn't running my normal dogfighting frame but it felt like I could only make wide sweeping motions. While in the air this was great because it made targets easier to locate, follow, and hit. Overall I like the air controls and think Koltyr is not bad. Last note why was it night always on Koltyer? It makes it hard to see and will be horrible for new players (nothing quite as fun as getting shot from the shadows...not.) Maybe I just had a weird time but I was on for about 2 hours and it was night the entire time. Maybe short night and long days would be a good idea.
  7. Metracor

I'm not a flying expert but flight physics seems more difficult to control.
    It's more difficult to aim precisely.
  8. PokojniToza

First off, I don't fly much live, so my airplane related opinion may not be the most valid.
    • Pulling nose up/down takes too many mouse pulls
    • Personally, I'd like more of an arcade approach (e.g. controls like they are in war thunder; this may make planes much more popular vehicle, but may hurt air veterans due to oversimplification)
    • Related to airplane weapons, maybe it could be allowed to fire both weapons simultaneously, that would make awesome strafing runs possible
    • On one occasion plane HUD (ammo count and afterburner) disappeared and there were only blue panes, but it came back once I switched vehicle
    • This is nice small map overall, but if it's gonna be for new players, maybe a level restriction would be a nice addition (or some fine tuned matchmaking that wouldn't allow veterans massing on one side)
  9. MichRain

I'm actually rather surprised and pleased with the new controls even though they could use a little twitching here and there. There's some kind of weird acceleration, sometimes it feels positive and others negative, significantly slower when using the mouse but kinda improved if using hotkeys. Still I can't remark enough the good feel of the new controls specially since I was skeptic about them. I've been flying ESF's and Libs since I found out I could spawn my own :3 so I'm not exactly willing to give on controls I have been practicing and perfecting for such a long time, and I mean, it took me reaaaaally a long time to become a decent pilot lol. That point clear, my surprise was I really didn't have to put a huge effort to master and get used to the new flight controls, but they still need a bit of polishing. I had a hard time landing shots at infantry and aircraft, and sharp turns and maneuvers I usually perform with no effort to dodge and get lost were a real pain today, like I would crash for no reason lol

That new map which name just won't sink on me looks pretty nice but it is a little too small, or at least it was today. Overall it's not bad, it's smooth and natural once you get the feel of it, but I understand why so many players aren't as pleased.

Umm on the other hand, some implants seem to not be working, which I found out when I died from a fall my safe-landing should have stopped lol. Generators and SCU's can't be touched. Also, I got called "a TR dick" u,u
  10. DoctorXqY

I'm not much of a flier, so I'm not sure my input on flying is valuable. It felt normal, I guess.

Currently, the warpgates don't have

1: friendly fire disabled
    2: exclusion zones (the bubble still keeps out unwelcome forces, but the hex doesn't have a pain field)

Also, there's an issue with the secondary vehicle spawner that I submitted a bug report for, because there's a very specific locational bug with that.
  11. Dreeph

Overall I liked the aesthetics of Koltyr, but I feel like the ground could do with less cover, while the air could use more. As I was flying I felt too exposed due to the lack of any kind of usable mountain/rock formation. (not sure how important Koltyr's air game would be considering its the "noob" continent".)
    The new warpgates are a welcome addition. I liked how the main platform of the WG is large enough for a gal to land and pick up its platoon. I can see this being very useful during outfit ops & alerts.
    The only concern with the new WG is when inter cont. lattice arrives and WGs become cappable, these would not be a fun place to fight (assuming the enemy can breach the dome shield)
    Regarding flight changes, as I barely fly on live sever I didn't really notice a difference with the new mechanics, ESFs did feel more sluggish though.
  12. TR Operative 342

I didn't notice any major difference between flying on the test server and flying on the live one(even taking into account vehicle upgrades, as I usually have those on in VR on the live server).

Koltyr, as a continent, definitely feels more cramped than any of the other continents. Not sure whether or not that's intentional.
  13. Snurg

I didn't really notice any difference in flying. I don't fly regularly on live, but I was expecting more of a difference.
  14. Megalegs

As someone who's been trying to use a PS4 controller to fly on PC this system is a vast improvement.

You can now get fine control for aiming out the sticks easily, and get a decent amount of rapid turn when you want it.

If anything it could do with going back to being a little more sensitive on sticks.
  15. FuladDeTao

So...
    Mossie controls definitely felt a little "weird". Felt like I was able to Yaw more quickly? Or maybe that was just me.
    I did notice a bug where if I got to low enough health for the "low health" warning on the mossie, then popped fire suppress, the audio for low health would continue to play any time I was in that vehicle.
    Koltyr is neato, but flying on it is kinda like flying in a fishbowl. Super small, super restrictive. Even with just the small smattering of people that were on test server at the time, flying at anything other than max altitude was asking for AA towers, Busters, and Ground locks to eat you up.
    The out of bounds seem kind of arbitrary.
    I saw at least one time where my personal indicator on the mini-map (my little orange chevron) was not displaying. It was right after a CTD a little more than an hour into gameplay. After I died again, I was back to normal.
  16. JobiWan

I found an invisible wall on Koltyr. From the warp gate, go down the stairs towards the air terminals. Hug the rail that the terminals are against and go along it towards the other end, there's a walkway overhead. Keep against the rail and when you get under the walkway you hit an invisible wall.
  17. Sixstring

Too many out of bounds areas,also it's easy to get outnumbered on a small map. New warpgate looks good but there should be a place specifically for picking up gunners.
  18. Darkghostppl

Here are some random bugs and issues ive found while flying:
    - While in low health, the bip sound never stops, not even after repair, just spawning a new aircraft solves it.
    - Free look camera is messed up, while using it the aircraft still turns.
    - Lockons system is packed with imprecisions.
    - Aiming with this new flying mechanics is kinda hard for me (my aim is pretty decent in live server ), i mean while leading my pointer moves like crazy and ive noticed that pressing yaw left/right is not precise and responsive as it should. PTS Flying Sensitivity in general is different to live's sensitivity.

About Koltyr:
    - Actually this is a good place for testing but it is defenitely too little, however i liked some of the new buildings.
    - While using equipment terminal from time to time my character switches from male to female (dont know if it has to do with some of the new helmets / Camos).
    - Sometimes there's a floating knife while using Primary and secondary weapon.
  19. Pebzy

I found the game to FELL a little glitchy, but no crashes etc. I used my usual graphic setting but koltyr seemed really dark and murky. Maybe brighten it up a little to make the new players lives a little easier.

I actually kinda like the new flight model. As someone who doesn't fly much I found it easier to use and meant I could maybe contest more in dogfights than I have previously.

Couple bugs,
    -beep sound when low on damage does not stop even after repair
    -recieved damage inside warpgate from other players (unless this has changed recently it shouldn't happen right?)

Cheers!
  20. LDuck

inverted controls for anyposition in an air vehicle (if you have selected as a pilot) sucks.