How's Emerald?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RomulusX, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Honestly, I switched back to emerald recently from my connery account and honestly, its almost cheesy how bad some people are on this server. I honestly do think that they have brains made of mashed potatoes.
  2. Alfred The Butler

Hey now! Not ALL of NC's players are that bad, there are a few of us out there that aren't all that bad! Sure not the best at getting kills, but there are those of us who are good at other things. Like myself who's a rather good engineer. (Or so I would like to think) or others who are good pilots, or dedicated Medics.
  3. yeHHH1g

Yet your k/d is below 1 even accounting for revives and lower than your connery character...

Something something pot calling the kettle black
  4. KnightCole

Your right lol. I did play NC for 67 BRs and TR for 53 =D Never did I see the same level of blatant ******ation that I did on the NC side.
  5. KnightCole

But you are a VS. Or atleast be sportin' that VS avatar.
  6. Badname707

I hit BR 100 almost a year and a half ago. I've got 70 BR across the rest of my characters, including a Connery VS. Emerald NC isn't really any worse than Emerald TR, and Emerald VS isn't as good as it once was, leaving it marginally better than the other two. Honestly, it feels more or less even playing all the factions on Emerald, though the TR feels somewhat worse. That may be attributable to having fewer certs, though.
  7. Jake the Dog

Yeah, because I havent played NC heavily in over a year and back then there were some pretty amazing outfits.

I mess around on my TR character and still maintain a positive kdr not that kdr means alot to me anymore because I play support alot more now (medic and engi). I will often rush to whatever buddy is down reguardless of whether or not hes surrounded by enemies.

In any case, thats the reason. ;D
  8. NinjaTurtle

I main NC as my sig shows.... To lazy to change avatar from my VS side show a while ago

I agree that Emerald NC can be..... frustrating.

Edit: Screw it I changed it... gotta represent the most dangerous faction in the game

to each other
  9. Devrailis

Emerald is wonderful. Planetside 2 is wonderful.

Come play.

My Lord.
  10. dngray

I find the opposite is true. Emerald is filled with many veteran players and at times I think the outfits on Emerald are the best in the entire game. Funny how you make a post about Emerald being filled with noobs when your K/D is not so great as is.
  11. Mahsterchief

argh TR still sucks?!!

I'm thinking about coming back too, i was just about to make the same post. I LOVE the game, but cant stand to be constantly losing and i couldnt bring myself to switch factions. i was hoping things evened up by now. I dont have to win ALL of the time, but at least i want to feel like i have a chance. The last time i played, it was just buffoonery. It was rare that TR gave a good fight to WIN an alert
  12. dngray

Come on back. Emerald TR are a lot of fun to fight against. I like fighting the TR more than NC.
    • Up x 1
  13. MajiinBuu

Emerald is good.
    • Up x 1
  14. libbmaster

All of this, man.

There needs to be a baseline minimum level of faction cohesion, or else even solo play becomes frustrating.

With the TR or VS, I can just drop in and farm somewhere when I'm not feeling like squading up, and my faction will usually do a good job of keeping the battle lines drawn.

But the NC... you either lead the counter attack personally, or watch them get farmed and rolled out of every single base!
  15. Ronin Oni

Wait, you LEFT the farm before it even started??
  16. Illucidator

Well duh aod gives away free kills. Xp
  17. Mahsterchief

this is really making me NOT want to come back right now.

I really like this game too, but a get shudders thinking about the pain of inadequacy. Losing Alerts in the last 5 minutes, no strategy. Its the players that made me leave
  18. Illucidator

Dont join a zergfit and you wont have a problem. There are many different organized outfits on emerald that you can join that dont just throw x amount of bodies into a lattice and on a point to cap bases.
  19. Illucidator

Also losing alerts in the last 5 minutes isnt usually due to just pushing numbers theres been times where outfits have been able to turn tides at the last minutes just by having organized drops onto points and being able to hold those points long enough to win the alert. Also in ghe past couple of days I think I have seen two alerts end in DRAW usually between NC and VS.
  20. DxAdder

If your VS or TR to a lesser extent it's all good.

As NC you will have to turn your speakers or listen to the 30 Raven MAX's going off..