New CONTENT?...WHEN???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Desann, Mar 12, 2015.

1. tf2hero

otherwise known as valve time
    • Up x 3
  2. DxAdder

DBG has just taken over, has re-aligned the enter development team and trying to get the PS4 rollout done.

Once the PS4 Rollout is finished we had better see some real content .
    • Up x 1
  3. Desann

I will gladly forgo the 200 certs to actually hear the game again. And, as I said, if I turn ducking off, I can't hear squad mates very well.
  4. Ronin Oni

..... ah.

I wear headphones so I barely notice constant ducking dfuring alerts, and I have a dial on the coard to adjust volume up.

My ducking is pretty low and squad/platoon cranked up too. You might try that.
  5. Desann

Yeah I might mess with the volumes and disable ducking. Cuz good LORD people never shut up on command chat.
  6. MasterTater

===

As soon as they have pulled the basics of weapon balance for equal opportunity and fair gameplay straight.
  7. Pikachu

And when the ps4 version has proven to be a money maker so they know it's worth continuing this game. :rolleyes: Anyway Ronin Roi made a thread somewhere about 2015 being a year of things standing still, OnHoldSide. No meaningful content this year. You'll have to be satisfied with Hossin until then.
  8. DxAdder

DBG has NO I repeat NO cash for Content !

They are at best break even right now, until the PS4 launch we will get almost nothing.
  9. sustainedfire

Content will trickle out.

There are a lot of things that are done, or near done. They will be held and released over time, with the big ticket (es buggies) items being held until ps4 release.

That way they can carry on with the front of having new content being released "frequently".

Sort of like bf4, where they release parts of the game in chunks over time.
  10. Gammit

Pretty much this. Once the game comes out for PS4, more money will come in and much of the team will be available to work on either PC/or PS4 "things." I'm hoping there is enough money incoming to speed up the pace of new content (SEARHUS), but I'm not holding my breath.
  11. Desann

I hear what you are saying, but I am a strong supporter of factional identity in this game. Planetside should FEEL different for each faction, and fighting the other factions should present unique strategies.

For example, as a vanu player, I should adjust my combat to fight the NC and adjust it again to fight the TR.

When the TR used to have the striker (back in the OP days) I literally maxed out IR smoke on all of my vehicles to counteract this. Now they don't have the vehicle lock-on ability, so I run max Fire Suppression on most of my load-outs. So now, with the "balance" changes. I can literally use the same setup for anything I come up against.

That is just one example. The fact that I do not really need to adjust too much shows that too much balancing, at least the way it has been done, leads to stale game play as everyone basically has the same crap with different colors and logos.
    • Up x 1
  12. IPLAYTF2

game will be dead before another continent is released
    • Up x 1
  13. Pikachu

I just noticed there are no longer Searhus props in the files. :confused: Maybe they scrapped it all.