Why we say no to Heavy Asssault Shield nerf

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Magma52, Feb 19, 2015.

1. LordMatt XLVIII

Make heavy shields not protect against headshots.

Problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  2. repairtool6

Yeah more ppl should campaign for this.
    All the legitimate whining on both sides would fall flat instantly.

Just get this done.
    Just hotfix it in super hurry, it cant possibly take more than a few workhours to alter the code.

Ninja-patch naaaaow.
    Then we all can shut up about this issue
    • Up x 2
  3. KnightCole

naw, what should happen is for HA shield to vanish entirely then just make the HA 750 Shield/500 health, change the special ability to something else. Headshot modifier should be like 20% not double damage and crap. Make headshots a minor edge, not a huge advantage. and all that takes away from skill bit...not really. LMGs and ARs should not need to aim with hte precision of a SNiper Rifle to score hits and damage and get kills.

Aiming Center mass should be more then enough.
  4. LordMatt XLVIII

While I appreciate your sentiment, you DO realize that's how the pros get kills right? They go for headshots no matter what range they're at. It's a very very very common thing in like, every shooter ever.
  5. Mianera

Who is "we"? You don't have many likes in that post.

No, actually he's light assault. Then typically switches over to heavy assault. He does know how to grind certs, because he's new.

What an ignorant statement. Honestly, what is the matter with you. You do realize that people play FPS games for other reasons than killstreaks, right?

You just described the 14 year old CoD fanboy up there ^

Again, NO. This isn't what new players think, at least not the majority of them. Were you ever to take upon yourself to join public squads and communicate with new players, you would know.

What a load of BULL. No, new players don't complain about class abilities. OLD players do and the trash part of the community does. AKA Forumside whines about it.

There really must be something majorly wrong with you if you believe that SOE/Daybreak panics over what forumside currently whines about.

I don't think you have the slightest clue on how game development or balancing works.

All of the above is REASON WHY THE NERF -SHOULD- HAPPEN.

You see, YOU are the freeloader. No longer will the HA shield be a win button for skilled 1v1 fights. If they get jumped as a HA now, they will STILL be able to defend themselves but for skilled players it wont be a garanteed counter anymore. It will simply function more as the resist shield now and mastering activation and situational awareness will be key.

I play HA, I have digged hundreds if not thousands of hours into the class on all three factions and I support the nerf. It is much needed. The way I have been trolling with my win shield (adrenal) and stomping down enemy after enemy has been crazy.

This is such a deceptive post from the OP, if you are a HA player then you KNOW that this is needed. The reason you make this thread is because you cannot handle the idea of your favorite aspect of the game getting a nerf, your e-pen** not getting it's satisfaction through OP killstreaks and that you will now have to be more passive/supportive and less aggressive in your playstyle.

Well DEAL with it!
    • Up x 2
  6. Gutseen

First of all, ur red text is making me vomit.
    Second,

and third,
    Proofs billy, we need 'em
    otherwise, ****
  7. Robertooooo

Most players that can headshot won't have any huge issues with HA players. So that change would only make it even harder for average/new players to win against above average players.
    • Up x 1
  8. LordMatt XLVIII

I was hoping it would encourage new players to try for headshots more, not just with sniper rifles.
  9. iller

The NMG' doesn't completely cancel out the Headshot multiplier. So no it's not actually accurate to state that it "Protects AGAINST" headshots. It just provides enough HP's to barely survive the headshot from a top end velocity OHK sniper like a LongShot or Railjack

It simply provides 'More Survival' against heavy spike damage but does not cancel out a 'Crit'.
  10. repairtool6

It protects against headshoots, nanoweave does not.
    If you dont grasp that the nanoweave change from over a year ago was in fact a tremendous BUFF to HA, then just ...
    De Facto the biggest buff HA ever has recieved imo.

Give shield same treatment as nanoweave. It should have happend at the same time, but better late than never
  11. Nalothisal

How many times must we iterate this. This idea was canned BY THE DEVS after the community said no. Get over it. sheesh...
  12. 0fly0

True, at least semi automatic weapon could have a chance and it will encourage people aiming for the head.
  13. MajiinBuu

Can the Resist shield allow you to survive a BASR headshot?
  14. Onhil

Yes with about 15% health left
    • Up x 1
  15. Lethe5683

I still cannot fathom why support classes think HA is OP just because they lose to them 1vs1 in a head on fight. Heavies have no utility, they are only for killing and/or being cannon fodder.
  16. Corezer

no, resist shield will not resist damage over 400 in a single instance (bullet/explosion)
  17. iSpank

HA can't revive, heal, repair, deploy turrets, mines, use jumpjets, The class is purely for front line roles, there is NO reason to nerf it and nerfing is not the solution of everything you don't like.
  18. Kaezer

So, I'm a pretty noob player still trying to find my niche in PS2, but the Heavy Assault is probably the class I've spent the most time with so far. I play mostly Vanu so most of my experience with the Heavy Assault comes from that and I clocked in with a TR HA for a while. I suck with all classes so far, however :p

My personal feeling, from a newbie perspective, is that the Heavy Assault doesn't really need a nerf to the overshields. If we talk about putting a 0.5s delay on the NMG it really defeats its purpose as a burst of survivability, which is mostly used defensively. The resist shield is a good alternative when going offensively because it stays on much longer.

The feeling I have so far with PS2 is that it's more of a situation game than a stat game. The good players that I've seen kill me prey on my weaknesses to create a scenario where their win chance is much higher compared to fighting on my own terms.
    Compared to the LA or the Infitrator, the Heavy Assault has much much less capabilities to dictate the terms of the fight. By no means am I saying that the class sucks, quite the opposite ! But when I played LA or Infiltrator, it was really easy to kill Heavy Assault by flanking them thanks to their abilities, even if they activated their overshields in midfight.

Like someone else said, the HA isn't really "heavy" because the LMGs aren't that great of a weapon (by comparison, the Medic AR are much more potent in midrange engagement), but what the HA has is its ability to ac as a brick wall for an enemey assault thanks to decent sustainability, and that sustainability definitely isn't OP. Nerfing that by the slightest would severely limit the tactical interest of a HA in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  19. Crowne

No class has all of the things you mentioned above. Every class has their own thing, and the one for HA is causing too many people to depend on it.

Comes a point where it's time to take the training wheels off, put your big boy pants on and take your chances.

Every single class goes through changes, no reason Heavy Assault should be any different just because they stomp their little foot harder than everyone else when they don't like something.
  20. Crowne

Said devs got canned.

"The community" did not say no. Some people in the community were loudly upset. Every class goes through changes over time. The tool you depend on to compete will inevitably, at some point, change. Get over it. Sheesh...