New CONTENT?...WHEN???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Desann, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Desann

First off, don't take this the wrong way, but this is something that has been bugging me for a while now:

When will we see some actual new CONTENT in an update. All of the updates in the last several months have added nothing NEW. Sure you all have done some tweaking and updating and fixes and performance improvements. But, all of this is not new CONTENT. The last real NEW thing I can think of was the spifire turret, and lets be honest, they aren't THAT impressive nor game changing. Sure they are fun and yes I do use them, but there are several reasons they aren't that great. A discussion for another time.

Anyway, I want to see this game grow and evolve and continue to get better, and it has. But after over 2 years of this game being live, it is really sad that we still only have 4 maps (5 if you count VR, 6 for the tutorial area). The overall capture mechanics are the same for every single base, say for a shield gen here or 3 flags vs 1 flag here. What happened to the LLU runs from PS1? What about in game events BESIDES alerts, or different alerts that have real rewards associated with them.

I know this post will spark an onslaught of Planetside 2 fanbois that will defend every single argument I am making. But know this: I have played Planetside since 2007. Yes two thousand and seven. I lvoe the concept of Planetside. I play the game and get enjoyment out of it, don't get me wrong. But, I feel like the game's development has hit a brick wall. All the team has been doing is tweaking this or that. Changing ammo capacities, reload times, accuracies, etc, etc, etc. That is not new CONTENT!!!!

Here is a list of some crucial PLANETSIDE things that this game is still missing that I would like to see:

1. New base types ie: dropship center, interlink facility
    2. Different base capture mechanics: LLU run (steal the flag)
    3. More maps
    4. Different maps: ie CAVES!!! <---focused on infantry combat and interlink the maps
    5. Planetary lattice <---- serious problem with cont locking and only 4 maps
    6. New vehicle types <---- where the heck is the alien TECH!
    7. Better command and control system <---- player officer perks, controls, organization
    8. Upgradeable base defenses <----- engineers cert into improving base defenses
    9. More field deployables <----aegis shield(the REAL one), barricades, spitfire variants
    10. Empire specific weapons on more vehicles (pretty self explanitory)
    11. Empire specific mana turrets (like the Orion, and other faction variants)
    12. Valkyrie upgrades <---- engies can mount turrets to front 2 rumble seats 3 and 4?
    13. Galaxy needs SERIOUS love <----need GUNSHIP and transport versions like PS1
    14. The ability to MUTE command chat....O M G
    15. Resource system revamp <---- I know its in the works but players need a more ACTIVE ROLE in resources

That's about all I can think of for now. Please respect this post as my OPINIONS and that is all they are. Take it, leave it I don't care either way, I just want to see this game get even better!
    • Up x 9
  2. The Rogue Wolf

It's going to come after the company recovers from having a large percentage of its creative team laid off, replaces them (hopefully), finishes its bugfixing tasks, and completes everything else on its high-priority list. And not immediately after that, either- think more along the lines of a year or more down the line.

You're welcome to hold your breath if you like, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jalek

Seems a new map is around the corner with this weekend's testing announcement for Koltyr, though the test is obviously focused on new flight controls.
    It's something at least.
  4. Desann

Koltyr is a new player zone that offers nothing for he veterans of this game. (you know those of us who have actually contributed to the monetary success of this game)
    • Up x 2
  5. HappyStuffin

Yes, new content. The sooner the better. Stop tweaking things we aren't asking to be tweaked and add new content instead.
  6. Mythologicus

I'm sitting here watching the Twitter feed on the right-hand side of the forums, seeing the Rocklet Rifle model, a MAX HMG weapon model, new models for all of the non-standard MAX AI weapons, hearing about a potential revamp of existing copypasted weapon models, potential new sounds...

Things are coming, though for the moment they're mostly in the art department.
  7. Desann

Im sitting here mesmerized by yer sig :-O.

The rocklet would be cool, that was a staple gun in PS1. As far as models go: that is all artwork. Not really new content in my book.
  8. TheRunDown

Dropship Centers are redundant in this game, since you can pull Gals from any Air tower..
    And there are far too many bases currently connected to the Lattice system to introduce a Dropship.

I would like a Dropship Center, but that would mean removing all Tower outposts ability to spawn Gals, making them spawnable from Warpgates and Dropships, which I think is how it should be..

Vehicle spam shouldn't be possible, but it's extremely easy to spam any vehicle due to the lack of Timers in this game.. :S
    • Up x 1
  9. Valok

Soon

Copyright 2015 Daybreak Game Company, LLC. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Daybreak Game Company and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Daybreak Game Company does guarantee that "Soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon" as Daybreak Game Company will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon™".
    • Up x 5
  10. Ronin Oni

You can. Every channel has it's own volume slider.

You can also quickly and easily mute any player by pressing Numpad 'Enter' while they're talking.

Oh, resource revamp desperately needed, I agree there and Galaxies will not get gunship upgrade... they were already deemed to powerful in gunship roll and nerfed them. It's far too durable to get any more upgrades there.

Those Bulldogs are still good BTW, just slow. It also has up to 2 walkers (good AA) and kills anything by ramming.[/quote]
  11. Haquim

Yeeahhh, regarding that NS HMG....
    If it performs better than my TR chainguns, im gonna be pretty pissed.
    Also, it will be interesting to see how many NC MAXes will actually switch their 8 OHKs before reloadiing for 20m more range.
  12. Marsali

Haquim going by the rest of the ns weapons it will be slower firing with low damage but high accuracy. You may find yourself sticking to your es weapons for most situations but if you simply need the accuracy you might find them useful. Main ones that will help are the nc complaining about only having shotguns. Personally I do just find with my shotguns though so I might not get them for a while after release.
  13. Mythologicus

As an HMG, it will most likely act as a MAX-mounted Basilisk. A not entirely unreasonable all-rounder.

Or, in other words (as an definite possibility), something that is completely redundant the instant equipment terminals are thrown into the equation.
    • Up x 1
  14. Goretzu

I think all that was already in some form of development though (as with Battle Isles etc.), it doesn't seen like anything new is currently planned as such.

Just stuff SOE was already to some degree working on before DBG took over and got rid of much of the developement team.

I think people are being wildly optimistic if they think that PS2 is going to be developed faster than is has been with less devs, on the other hand once the PS4 version is Live they should effectively have more resources (assuming they don't go for another round of layoffs).
    • Up x 2
  15. Demigan

Hey, where's the Light Assault update in your list? LA is the class that got indirect nerfs, it's "specials" such as smoke and adrenalin pump given to other classes, it's only real class ability is Jumpjets and it took more than 2 years before they really updated it, but that still didn't give us any more tools, abilities or teamplay elements the LA could perform. One new Jumpjet that I think is not useful except in a few select situations, an update to the Drifter jets that made them top-notch, but still came down to "these guys have jumpjets, that's it. Have fun".
  16. Bonom Denej

And apparently feel entitled as f-?
    Anyway, as far as I'm concerned I'm more of a "fix your existing content before introducing new things" player. I get that some are really eager for new content but it's simply not the case for everyone. The Valk is getting some long due buffs, MAX weapons are getting some cool models and animations and honestly I'm more excited about that than any new content they could introduce (appart from ressource related stuff obviously).
  17. Desann

[/quote]

Sorry, I should have said a different ducking level for command chat. I have mine muted and regret ever putting 200 certs into that ability. I like the chat ducking, as I can hear my squadmates over the in game chaos. But when command chat is CONSTANTLY GOING OFF my game is always "ducking" and lowering the volume when I don't want it to.

I cannot stand the 12 year old commanders who think they know strategy. Or the arguing that occurs on command chat. I rarely ever use it.
    • Up x 1
  18. Desann

Entitled? no not entitled but disappointed. I understand the free to play model does not guarantee me anything because I chose to pay (for a period of time), but when the developers are constantly making new player nonsense, it really makes me feel left out as a veteran and expert of this game. The idea of new player learning is to team up with experienced players and have them show you the ropes. Not to make a baby zone that allows you to figure it out and then STILL get shell-shocked in the enormous live maps.

The valk is getting buffs, that is good. But, what about the galaxy. I mean come on. The vehicle has been around since beta and has literally seen no game play improvements, only some decorative exhaust vents.
    • Up x 1
  19. Desann

I do enjoy light assault and I agree with most of your points. I think the drifter jet changes were great, since I normally use drifters. I have c4'd hundreds of vehicles with my drifter jets. Its ridiculous!

But I think you are correct. Light assault needs something else to make it a but more unique, besides the obvious ability to fly. They need a more recon/infilitration role that is different from the infiltrator class. The light assault has the ability to get were most troops cannot. I would like to see a light assault deploy-able that would capitalize off of this. I think the motion sensor would fit more with the LA class and the infils can have the radar darts as befor. I do like using that motion sensor on my infil, so this would be a tough move.
  20. Ronin Oni

ah, gotcha.

Yeah, well, at the same time... it's only 200 certs