Flight Controls Changes - Need Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thekillah

Can't do much testing. I crash a minute into logging in if not sooner. Seems to crash me even if I switch out of koltyr...
  2. NoobStylerIGERI

Man, I Play now 2 Years Airfights..

PLZ dont chance anything at Fly Controll.

It was good for all, why we need some chance on it?

Flying was the only wo givs some People much fun, over the Years, now Chanced and no one know why..
    I can say for me, if u chance it that it sucks, i stop Playing that game..

On Testerver Indar or some Continent anyway sucking Controlls for ESF, in Cockpit move to Fast, outside move to slow..
    I thought its a BUG, and u will fix it, but now i scare...

Dont kill that game .

Randomplayer come and go, only good player stay... Dont let them runn. like Lock on ****.....
    Many old good Pilots runn of that ****....
  3. ProjectAce7

Would it be possible a mouse as Yoke thing? Like for example, the way you can do it on Microsoft Flight Simulator X (and just in case, yes I know this isn't a sim I'm talking about input and mechanics of control). And perhaps have the option to use mouse as yoke in settings and then adjust sensitivity, null zone, etc etc. in the options for it.
  4. Architect of War

Still can't test as it crashes after 30 seconds, can barely fly to the next base. Been trying off and on for about 5 hours now -_-
  5. Thallasus

I logged in just to upvote this.
  6. Dominicinator

Download update > Create new Char > Instantly crash upon loading Koltyr > Tries older Char > Indar loads fine > Logs out of old Char > Tries new Char > Crashes upon load.
    Edit: If I turn my quality to the lowest setting I can get in, could be some RAM or Memory problem?
    Edit 2: After I stay in for about a minute, it crashes to desktop... fairly certain it's a RAM thing, also explains what some people above have been saying... but I'm no Game Designer/Programmer... well, I don't actually really know that much about this stuff at all.
  7. Nemetis

My suggestion is:

Make control profiles!

yes, that easy..

Let players choose which flying style ESF prefer.
    Not always what is best for the joystick is suitable for mouse and keyboard, and vice versa!

Let the game set by default the original ESF flight on PC and the new one as default on PS4 and Xbox One.
    But let the player choose in options menu what is best for your taste.
    • Up x 2
  8. Nemetis

LOL, just now i read the davidr64 suggestion, same of mine ;)
  9. tijolo

TL;DR
    Controls are okay, Focus on other stuff

Stop over-reacting people, i've got 160+ ESF hours (according to planetside2.com/players) and controls are not THAT different nor are they bad. Flew just a minute in the test server to see what all the fuss was about and seriously people: Quit the drama. A couple of people I saw complaining in game said "I'm not a pilot and in the live I'm a bad pilot but controls here are awfull hurr durr".
  10. metrotw

I didn't find the controls awful but at the same time I see no reason why you cant keep the old way too. Let the player decide.

I love the new tower base design, please drop a few of those into the main maps. Koltyr as a whole seems a bit...squashed... to me, but having played since the first month I guess that is to be expected. I do like the idea of "mini worlds" though and you guys should try to get out some fast maps that are maybe 2-3 times the size of Koltyr as quick as you can for some fresh content.

My 2 cents.
  11. IcEzEbRa

Other than what others have said, the yaw rate, default A D keys, seems way to high. Hover and Racer frame on test, at least for REaver, seem to have more sensitive yaw than live server dogfighting airframe, which I hate because of the ridiculous yaw sensitivity. I can't aim with that much yaw sensitivity.

I have always loved the flight model in this game, especially esf's.....but the yaw on esf's is waaay faster on test, and I personally do not like it at all.
  12. ForCobalt

Lucky You , gets to about 80 , 90 % on my character load , then just cdts , every time now. Would love to try the test server , it just wont let me, lol...
  13. IcEzEbRa

Flew Mossie, scythe, and Lib this go...had no trouble logging in other than pretty long pause at 6 and 94% loading. Love Koltyr, and is rocking atm. The increased rate of yaw, A D keys, not as noticeable on scythe and mossie, may actually be received well by pilots for maneuvering, but those who make very precise shots w/needler might not like it. For me, aiming is destroyed on the Reaver, it must have the fastest yaw rate of the 3 esf's to start with, just the quickest tap, smallest movement I can make w/good mechanical keyboard is too much on Reaver.

I play with pitch up/pitch down bound to mouse buttons, and analog throttle plus Q E bound to roll left/rt on keyboard. Having the mouse movement now supercede all but one of those binds, is f'd.

Lib roll seemed awfully slow. Other than that, and same keybinding issues, seemed fine...not sure, but felt like yaw was actually decreased in sensitivity, which I liked.

I know it would be nice to have a slider for all 3 sensitivities...pitch, roll, yaw...unfortunately, that's kinda the purpose of the cert thru airframes. Reaver needs yaw adjustment down on all airframes, Mossie bout half of what reaver gets, scythe about 1/3...think people will actually like that. I do not honestly believe people would use yaw axis on mouse, at least not on esf's, not very long at least.
  14. Nalothisal

Well I don't know how to describe it but the new controls seem...off somehow, like it takes a few seconds to actually take off in a Reaver. Other then that flying felt like it does on the live servers. BTW is there a way to squeeze that option of binding yoke control to the mouse?
  15. SebDollar

I only just finished downloading PTS, and the Reaver is horrible now. They have completely broken yaw - Yaw is slower, but if pitch up and down while yawing it'll go faster.(example in video below). Pitch up and down reacts faster, but seems to have the hard limit on how much you can pitch set down by quite a bit. Roll is slow and sluggish. And with exactly the same sensitivity, my mouse pad isn't even big enough to perform some of the maneuvers i perform easily on live. This was tested with the Racer frame.

Have been trying to dogfight for an hour now, it was a horrible experience, and i almost got a cramp in my arm having to throw the mouse around to perform even the most basic maneuvers. These changed cannot!! make it to live

• Up x 2
  16. AzureKnight

The problem right now is your set up is great... for controllers. Those of us who have been mouse and keyboarding or Joysticking have gotten use to how it has been.

If I had been playing this game with a controller for the past two years, I'd probably be loving the change but for what i've use to, it really sucks. Even having it on a .75 sensitivity it feel sluggish, as it's been mentioned.
  17. Xaanieysa

I feel as though the controls are a bit more floaty than they are normally. The side to side motion is also a lot more jerky than I'm accustomed to. It's all or nothing, it seems to me, which isn't what I normally experience in game. This is coming from someone who rarely pilots and tries to dogfight, of course, but I found it even more obnoxious than usual when trying to go left and right while chasing. I was always correcting, and it got me killed.
  18. Alfred The Butler

Honestly Keep the old system for PC players, the new controls might be good for people who use controllers, but just not for those of us who use only a keyboard and mouse.
  19. Cai Ingolf

I can see how the new system would FEEL good to new players. The jerkiness and exactness bothered me when I first started flying, and I tend to avoid flying anyway. The problem came with trying to actually hit a moving target. The fact that the nose keeps drifting ever so slightly makes it extremely difficult to keep a bead on something in an air game where keeping a bead on something when the movement is almost perfectly exact is difficult.
  20. killALLilluminatiNC

i flew on pts the other day with out knowing the flight controls where purposely changed, i hated it, i actually thought that esf was broken on pts. Too high aiming sensitivity and pitch up/down is soo decelerated compared to normal. please don't change it or add this as an extra mechanic to give the player to choose either one, call it decelerated pitch up&down. thanks ;]
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.