PTS Patch Notes - 3/11

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Mar 11, 2015.

1. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

Some of the below content may have already been released on PTS.

Flight Controls Changes - Need Feedback
    • Changes have been made to the way flight interprets input to better support controllers. Because of this change you may notice differences with mouse control. Please report all differences you notice in as much details as possible.
    • Our goal is for flight to feel the same as it does on the live servers.
    Koltyr
    • Many bugs with have been fixed, like issues with teleporters, jump pads, and lifts.
    • Bases and Warpgates have had a level design pass. Feedback on cover and other specific base issues is appreciated.
    Valkyrie Balance
    • Valkyrie resilience changes
    • Valkyrie resistance to ESF nose cannons provided by composite armor is being made base line. Composite armor will no longer provide a bonus resistance against ESF nose cannons
    • Base resistance to ESF nose cannons increased from 85 to 90%
      • Composite armor no longer provides a bonus.
    • Resistance to HEAT and AP is also being adjusted. These adjustments make the Valkyrie a little more resilient, similar to a Liberator
      • Resistance to HEAT increased from 0 to 25%
      • Resistance to AP increased from 25% to 35%
    • Hover Stability Airframe
    • Doubled the improved hover effect. Max rank will now completely negate vertical descend.
    • CAS-14
    • Needed to be a little better at its job. Blast damage increased so it takes 8 hits to kill infantry instead of 10 within the inner radius.
      • Increased blast damage from 100 to 125
    • Pelter Rocket Pod
    • The blast damage size on the Pelter is modeled after the banshee. Although it is not intended to be effective anti-personnel, this model is too harsh considering it also has a slow muzzle velocity and a smaller magazine. The blast damage is being remodeled to be part-way between an ESF rocket pod and the Banshee. This should add some versatility to the Pelter where it is more of a hybrid between the CAS-14 and Hellion.
      • Inner blast damage increased from 100 to 200
      • Inner blast radius increased from 0.35 to 0.75
      • Outer blast radius size increased from 1 meter to 3 meters
    • Hellion G20
    • The Hellion needs a small range increase.
      • Cone of Fire reduced from 1.25 degrees to 1 degree
      • Maximum damage range increased from 10 to 25
      • Minimum damage range increased from 75 to 100
    Instructional Events
    • Some of the tutorial notifications will have VO
    • A whole slew of new events have been added
      • Terminals, friendly fire, grief levels, grouping, map screens, profile screens, resources
    • Key reminders have been streamlined
    NS-44L Blackhand
    • With an extended barrel and integrated scope the NS-44L Blackhand provides significant advantages over similar pistols when engaging threats at longer ranges.
    Camo Coverage Changes
    • Updated NC, TR, and VS textures to help with IFF issues. This update revolves around the camo mask and targeted areas on the character to show empire color. This is a work in progress so these edits may change in the future.
    Player Studio Items
    • Added a rack of decals
    • Added a ton of helmets
    • Added a wealth of vehicle cosmetics
    • And just a smattering of camos
    Misc
    • Changed the impact FX for the Lancer and Vortex to something that does not contain an explosion since the weapons do not inflict blast damage.
    • Performance pass on 3rd person grenade launcher smoke trails.
    Bug Fixes

• Fixing the Railjack so it does not have a cammo applied to it by default
    • Fixed claymores being incorrectly held when viewed in third person and in weapon select.
    • Lowered the volume of heavy bullet impact audio (when inside a vehicle)
    • Fixed missing string in some item descriptions.
    • 1P & 3P: Crossbows: Forearm appears to over rotate when reloading
    • 1P: Shield Regen Device: There is a slight stutter in the equip animation while sprinting
    • Corrected the name of the Ordnance Helmet.
    • 3P: Engineer: Character model is missing arms while using a turret
    • 3P: Harasser is missing a panel on the bottom at the rear
    • 3P: Hunter QCX: Character's left hand does not grip the lock handle fully
    • 3P: Left hand is twisted too much holding a forward grip in the relaxed stance and model preview
    • Supernova-R PC for the Magrider now animates correctly
    • 3P: NS-30 Vandal does not display the ammo clip falling out when reloading
    • 3P: Praetorian Hood Ornament changes in size when moving the camera around the vehicle
    • 3P: Switching through weapons makes character model change stance
    • Fix a case where players could respawn in a reclined pose after being shot out of the rumble seat of a harasser.
    • Auraxium C4 cost in now reduced by the Amerish lock benefit
    • Fixed spawn point indicated on Map for Amerish High Roads Station.
    • Backspace can be used to open the Map but not to close it
    • Lightning and Flash brake lights will shine brightly once again
    • Centralized HUD: Holding the spitfire turret when entering and exiting vehicle gunner positions causes icons to overlap
    • Certain walls do not display bullethole decals or explosions
    • Cloaking while firing causes cloak to automatically deactivate
    • Decimator: 3P: Reload animation is out of sync
    • Deployable Turrets: Weapon equip animation loops one time over after deploying the turret
    • Esamir: Mattherson's Triumph: Southwestern tower banners disappear at ~300m
    • Female: SMG: Foregrip causes wrist to appear contorted
    • The Flash passenger booty shake has been nerfed
    • Footstep audio plays while jump jetting with Light Assault
    • GUI Models appear to have twisted wrists when holding certain weapons
    • Removed a default camo being applied to the Shovel Head Bumper on the Harasser
    • Harasser: Rumble Tire Spikes: Parts of the wheel are gray
    • Icikill fire rate is slightly lower than other non-activatable knives
    • Incorrect bullet impact FX displays at the VR room building
    • IRNV: Weapon is quickly displayed through scoping after ADS with IRNV equipped
    • Laser Sight: Laser attachment is not in the correct location after logging out
    • MAX units do not receive Objective Guard Bonus or Objective Defence/Attack Bonus XP
    • Fixed an issue with the right arm reload animation not always playing in third person when a max reloads it.
    • Medic: Deploying the Regen Shield while moving causes your weapon to pop
    • NC: AF-4A Bandit: Weapon preview does not load for accounts that do not own the weapon
    • NC: Infiltrator: Equipped armor decals are not visible on loadout character model for female characters
    • NC: Sniper Rifles: Weapon type listed is Infantry Abilities instead of Sniper Rifle
    • NC: Vanguard Deluxe Paneled Trim appears silver instead of gold on low graphics settings
    • NS CandyCannon 3000's projectile's mesh FX are broken
    • Players will sometimes switch from MAX to Light Assault when revived
    • Revive functionality breaks if your corpse is hit by your own revive grenade
    • Rumble Seats: Switching seats while reloading your weapon causes the ammo clip to detach
    • Some vehicle attachments still use old, now missing textures
    • Tech Plant air pad have two gaps that allow players to fall through unexpectedly
    • TORQ-9 preview text is very small for having so much space
    • Torq-9: 3P: Weapon is not held properly
    • TR: HC1 Cougar: Weapon preview does not load for accounts that do not own the weapon
    • TR: Light Assault: Armor: Auraxium Infused Plating is incorrectly attached for female character models
    • TR: Light Assault: Armor: Composite Armor is incorrectly attached for female character models
    • TR: Medic: Armor: Auraxium Infused Plating is floating for female characters
    • TR: Medic: Armor: Auraxium Shoulder pads are missing for male characters
    • TR: Prowler Deluxe Banded Trim is missing textures
    • TR: Prowler: Proximity Radar attachment clips through Anchored Mode attachment when both are equipped
    • TR: T4 AMP: Missing description text for the T4 AMP
    • Tracking Bug: Bolt Action Rifles don't have consistent chambering reload animations
    • UI: Engineer AV and AI turrets show same fire rate and have "compare stats" option
    • UI: Loadout Menu only displays function keys if accessed from an infantry terminal
    • UI: Tab Screen: Connection Quality light overlaps with available ribbon bonuses while an alert is active
    • UI: Vehicles Menu: Only function keys F1 through F6 can be used when all vehicles are displayed
    • Underbarrel weapon reload animation is incorrect if disrupted during reload
    • Valkyrie: Medic's model is jittery / shaking when using the medical applicator on a passenger
    • VR Training: NC Crossing Decal cannot be selected
    • VS Auraxium shaders appear pink the majority of the time
    • VS Max Lumifiber: GUI model does not display shoulder lights with camo equipped
    • VS: 2 Year Anniversary Camo is missing teal portions on the player's helmet/weapon
    • VS: Heavy Assault: Composite Armor: Female characters are missing leg pieces
    • VS: Infiltrator: Lumifiber Armor: Groin piece is stretched
    • VS: Parallax VX3: Optic: Mach-10 (10x) scope uses the Mach-12 2D icon
    • VS: Zenith VX-5: Weapon preview does not load for accounts that do not own the weapon
    • Up x 10
  2. VSDerp

those bug fixes <3
    • Up x 3
  3. Alarox

4. Gammit

dose bug fixes doh... :eek:
  5. Nojoe365

Can't find the blackhand. It is a pistol, right?
  6. Brandic

What?
    • Up x 2
  7. Asveri

Some immediate feedback about the changes to flight controls.

On ESFs there is a certain jerkiness to the controls. It feels as if it is trying to lock the aircraft into an predetermined angle/position at times when you use the yaw/pitch. It makes precise adjustments feel a bit off. Something to do with joystick deadzones perhaps?

Rolling seems okay, but for me it seems to lack a little bit of the momentum you find on live.
    • Up x 1
  8. sustainedfire

Valkyrie buffs are welcome, though likely still not enough to make the Val viable. More durability wI'll likely be needed.
  9. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

Thanks!

Here is a thread I just made for Flight feedback
    • Up x 1
  10. Afeltman

:eek:
    • Up x 2
  11. davidr64

The Valkyrie is viable, useful, and one of the most powerful vehicles in the game.
    • Up x 2
  12. davidr64

Flying feels clunky on the PTS atm. Pitch up, half the time, feels like it should. But the other half the time, it's only half as responsive and half as fast.

Rolling feels like it's not accepting input directly from my mouse. In fact, the whole Reaver feels that way. At the end of a minor adjustment (a roll of maybe 0.5 to 5 degrees left or right), the Reaver will continue to roll, just a bit, slowly, until it "locks" itself into the position it seems to think I was going for. In truth, I want the Reaver to stop rolling the instant I stop moving my mouse.

Yaw left and right no longer gradually picks up speed as I tap the key. Instead, it jerks the Reaver's reticle in whatever direction I'm trying to aim it. I use the Dogfighting Airframe (it picks off infantry and fast moving vehicles with the nose cannon really easily compared to Hover or Racer), so the yaw issues may be amplified or dampened by airframe choice.

This is just after maybe 10 minutes of flying. I'll try it out more later.

Edit: Reposting this in the thread you made.
  13. Jeslis

.. They didn't even get fired at... a 2man lib can do what they did, without being a cert pinata to said lib.
  14. davidr64

Exactly. ;)

We weren't fired at because my Valkyrie was running stealth. We don't appear on the minimap, and I flew in such a way as to only be visible to enemies for the shortest window of time possible.

A two-lib crew could not down 4 sunderers and save a large outpost without getting fired on or without being noticed by enemy ESFs/Libs. Anti-air is very powerful in this game, and it's prevalent.

This is 1 vehicle doing what 2 only might be successful at. The fact is the Valkyrie is not a combat vehicle. It's a precision vehicle, and when used that way, it's one of the strongest vehicles in the game. I feel like you're so heavily ingrained in your viewpoint, though, that continuing to type is wasteful, despite evidence right in front of you. But, that's probably just the fact that I've come to ignore Internet arguments altogether, because that is usually the case. You haven't said enough to show your capacity for reason (or lack therof, if that's the case), so I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

This wasn't a one-time thing, either. We've practiced Sundy Slamming and are (at the risk of boasting) quite good at it. We can, with only ~5+ quad members, halt huge offensives. There's just no other single vehicle that can do that! The Valkyrie's biggest problem is that so few use it the way it should be used.

Anyway man, I've said all I want to say on the topic. I hope you weren't offended by anything I've said. A lot of people take a counter-argument as an insult of some variety, and that's certainly not how I'm trying to come off.

Have a good one. :)
    • Up x 1
  15. salembeats

This is a group of 6 tightly-controlled AV players tank-mining / C4ing / launchering a Sunderer.

PS2 players who are determined to ruin the fight (and force everyone to scan the map for another good one) have been doing this type of thing for ages, but with Galaxies, Sunderers, and/or Squad Spawns (instead of Valkyries).

When you first do this kind of stuff, you think to yourself excitedly, "Wow, 6 people can really change the outcome of a fight!" as you bask in your sense of self-important cleverness.

Later on as you've spent more time playing the game, however, cheap gimmicks like this lose their appeal and you think to yourself, "Wow, 6 people just ruined everyone's fun. I guess I'll spend 20 minutes deploying around trying to find another exciting and challenging fight."

Consider this question:

Did those people really not know how to destroy those sunderers, or did they just not want to?

P.S.,
    If you've got 6 people to work with, why not just pull THREE libs and do the same?
    • Up x 1
  16. DrBrainius

VR is bugged - when u transfer the game crashed. After a restart it will always when you select your char that is in VR
    • Up x 1
  17. davidr64

Your own wording kinda sums up your whole post. :p

No, we're not going to let the TR take territory because you imagine that everyone there is solely there for the farm. Prolonging a fight simply for the certs is the dullest way to play Planetside 2.

But this game is a sandbox. Everyone enjoys different things about it and I'm not going to dictate to you what your idea of fun should be. It's fun for us to help keep territory, especially in an alert, as in that video. If your idea of fun is to farm certs, because that feeling fulfills your sense of accomplishment, then anticipate our strategy and do what you need to do in the game to stop us, TR. ;)
  18. PoiZone

[PTS] Feedback

So apparently you need some feedback on the air vehicles handling since you changed the flight control vehicles. Here's what: I'm a lib pilot, I've been flying for more than 150 hours on the Live servers, and here's the important part: with an xbox 360 pad.

So, about the flight controls on PTS: the acceleration is WAY too slow in my opinion. It just takes forever to do a reverse manoeuver properly, and that's the kind of thing that would disable me from leading targets properly for my gunners (dalton'ing ESF and such). I understand that you want to make air vehicles more reliable when you fly it with a pad, especially when it comes to aiming, since there is no slider to change the sensitivity of the joysticks of my x360 pad (none of them change anything). So it was pretty hard to aim properly on live servers, and the changes on PTS do help that a lot.

But that is too much, I feel like the lib lost its reactivity and is really slowed down because of this. The acceleration should be a little (a lot?) higher. Or. Or you could allow us to find the perfect sweet spot we feel comfortable to fly with by just adding a few slider dedicated to the joysticks sensitivity / acceleration. This way, we can just choose to be super precise with the front gun, or manoeuver quicker for your belly gunner to do the job. Maybe add a few presets if possible, so players who try out that stuff don't F* up their entire sensitivity and still can go back. Anyway, for now, and for me, the state of the lib is bad on PTS, it really feels off, and I wouldn't fly that into battle.
  19. Pikachu

Yay Koltyr finally has its own skyfile. If my character is in vr then the game crashes 1 second later.
  20. Bonom Denej

Holy sh- that made me laugh way too much.