Op TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chazz11711, Mar 11, 2015.

1. chazz11711

I dont suppose i am the only person thinking "why am i always getting dropped like a stone" when playing as NC against the TR? The TR guns just seem way too overpowered compared to the NC guns. They have better range, accuracy and damage compared to the NC guns. Just look at the TR carver for example. There is also the same kind of situation with the VS, just not as 'extreme'. what i personally think, along with many others that i have talked to is that either the TR infantry weapons should be nerfed, or the NC buffed which would even out the gameplay a little. Maybe adding higher accuracy to the NC weapons.
    Just a idea
  2. Veph

Bwahahahaha.
    You must be new here.

And looking at your profile your problem is way elsewhere, believe me. Be it performance issues or I dont know what but I've never seen stats like that.
    • Up x 2
  3. LtSqueak

First TR Carver?? Do you mean the Carv?
    The Carv is a 143 max damage weapon. The NC has numerous more 167 and 200 weapons than the TR even have 143, not to mention 167. It also has terrible COF.

Second, the NC have the highest damaging guns in the game. Except for one VS pistol (based on the data I have), the NC have the only 200 dmg AR, carbine, and LMG in the game.

Go check this spreadsheet out.
  4. Mystogan

HAHA! Omg :D. No, seriously, I am not laughing at you. It is just I didn't expect to see such posts after 2 years of game life. I remember there was A LOT of such posts (about every faction) after first months of release and in beta.

That also shows how there are few new players here :(.

Just for your information so you can sleep well: NC have most accurate weapons from all 3 factions, simple becasue they have least horizontal recoil and do not have random horizontal recoil patterns. Also range is much better in NC due to average best velocity with addition of small horizontal recoil and low first shot recoil. Damage per bullet is highest for NC, although they have lower ROF.

Right now NC have best overall arsenal, best variety of weapons and access to almost all weapon damage/ROF models, while still (as the only faction) keeping two models excusievely for themselfs (600/167 and 500/200).

NC is most spoiled faction due to fact that they were always treated better than TR or VS.

So with those information, go back to NC, since you chose best faction and TR and VS do not like you for that. :)

Cheers mate!
    • Up x 3
  5. Iridar51

No, TR weapons are not OP. If you don't believe me - try for yourself. Create a TR character and play for a while.

PS2 is a hard game to play, there's nothing shameful in being bad at it. I suggest you read Beginner's Guide, linked in my signature. It has good info to help you survive and kill more enemies.
    • Up x 1
  6. DrPapaPenguin

Yes, as a member of TR, I agree that we are Overwhelmingly Pessimistic. To the point where firing our guns produce a "why bother" sound as the bullet leaves the barrel.
    • Up x 6
  7. Hatesphere

despite all the belly aching, the infantry weapons for all factions are at the most balanced state then have ever been in.
  8. 0fly0

Tr op, you should come playing on cobalt :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  9. Ronin Oni

LOL are you talking about Spiker charge mode/???

LAWL!

Charge mode could be left off that thing and I doubt many would notice. Burst is flat out superior. Charge mode is like a bad Commie
  10. Veph

What's wrong with our TR anyway? Playing them feels like my allies are BR 30 tops.
    Yet they don't TK as much as Vanu/NC do... I'm pretty puzzled.
  11. Pikachu

There isn't much difference in DPS among the automatic weapons. There's serpent/gd-7f and there's everything else.
    • Up x 1
  12. HadesR

Ignoring a lot of the falsehoods already posted .. The simple answer is ..

No TR are not in general OP

They are also not in general the UP martyrs that some people would like you to believe ..
    • Up x 2
  13. LtSqueak

bwahahaha
    Is that what it was? I wasn't really paying attention to which actual weapon it was. I was just looking at damage and faction. I retract my previous statement. Only the NC have 200 damage weapons.
  14. LtSqueak

I'm quoting myself because i can't edit anymore.
    I just want to clarify that I don't believe TR to be UP in any way currently. We "typically" have a higher rate of fire which makes up for the damage model in most situations once you get used to the horizontal recoil pattern, by spending all of 5 minutes shooting at a wall at the warpgate.

All three factions have different ways you have to play, so you can sometimes destroy everything with one set of guns and then suck it up with another set while someone else who plays a different way will do the exact opposite.
  15. Mefi

It's actually Cerberus (250 dmg @ 8m and... I don't want remember how horrible its damage drop off).
    There is also Lasher (up to 230 dmg with direct hits) and we could mention semi-auto guns to annoy NC a bit :p.
  16. OldMaster80

I believe many times when people feels the other army is OP it's just a case of overpopulation. 5-10% population makes a huge difference: you keep dying and you feel like your enemies are too strong.
  17. Ronin Oni

VS has the Cerberus which is nearly identical to their most powerful pistol... except for slower velocity, lower min damage, and faster damage dropoff...... so not really identical :p

Max damage is the same (VS pistol to 8m, NC to 10m) and ammo count is the same.

In exchange for all those negatives VS gets about 5% more RoF and no bullet drop (which is laughable with it's velocity and min damage anyways)
  18. MikeyGeeMan

The higher rof is false.

Look at the stats, tr has more bullets...with a few guns having a higher rate of fire...each faction has an unlock that trumps the tr weapons. Vx 67 carbine, serpent, gd22, gd7f. Are all tr type guns.

But the recoil is controllable and I find that I can shoot 6-7 bullets with most guns and still get shots on target.

We had the advantage with the old flinch mechanic, but with that gone we really don't have a weapon that does nit have a clone of it in another faction....

Tr needs some love.
  19. HantuDuppy

You're probably feeling like it take a couple of seconds to drop an enemy, meanwhile that Carv killed you with only two bullets hitting. It's an illusion caused by client-side hit detection. Believe me, for the TR, it feels the same way with the Gauss saw. I primarily play NC, and with well over a thousand hours of game play, I believe our weapons are evenly matched with the TR -- just in different ways. TR has the chain gun, but we have the jack hammer. TR has pounders, but we have ravens. (TR dominate at medium range, but the trade off for that is that they suffer at long range.)
  20. LtSqueak

Is it wrong that I like pounders at longer ranges because of the ability for indirect fire?
    • Up x 1