[Guide] I Will Analyze Your Cloaker Footage and Provide Feedback on how to Improve

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by yeHHH1g, Mar 10, 2015.

1. yeHHH1g

Pretty self-explanatory, link/embed your footage and I will take a look and let you know what you are doing wrong and what you are doing right. For example, positioning, when to use grenades, placing dildars, crosshair placement, when to pre-scope/pre-aim, how to disengage, etc. Only caveats: please don't link me stalker or xbow footage as I don't play nor recommend playing those styles. SMG, Bolting, Auto-scout, and Scout rifles are all fair game. 720p footage and above appreciated.

Personally, I feel this would be more in-depth and beneficial than guides since my tips will be directly applicable to how you are playing and not a broader generalization.

Complimentary footage of myself:
    Competitive Play:

Live Play:

• Up x 4
  2. CuteBeaver

This thread is like : I will save you 1000's of hours and tons of tears but be brave post - honestly damn sir . This is like someone winning a jackpot. Fear not guys post your footage. We learn from each other <3
  3. yeHHH1g

You can send your stalker videos to this guy hehe
  4. MarkAntony

Is there a time limit on that offer? and I guess you want general gameplay rather than cherry picked bits of the best I can do?
    It's not every day you get an offer like that from a top infiltrator player.

And I agree with the sentiment. Broad guides can be helpful but in the end everyone likes different loadouts etc. But concrete tips based on gameplay vids would be more useful.
  5. yeHHH1g

No take your time, there's no expiration on this offer. It would be awesome to see more good infiltrators in the heavy-centric meta that is planetmans right now, both in competitive and live.
    • Up x 1
  6. MarkAntony

Alright. I have a bit of footage and I guess I'll just have to record some more. Yeah it makes me sad when I snipe and the enemy snipers I kill don't even know the basics. Well it would make me sad if it didn't make my job so easy :)
  7. MisterSlim

Nice to see a member of the cloaker community reaching out to help the others ^.^. If more people like you offer this, especially to the newer members to the cloaker family, then that would be great. Between things like this and the in-progress comprehensive guide series, new players interested in this more skill-based class would be able to read and say "Okay, this is the basic mindset I should have, and what I should be trying to do", and then go to someone like you and learn "Okay, this is exactly how I fulfill that mindset and do what I set out to do".

Keep sniping that good snipe, and keep up the good work!
    -Stay Fr0sty
  8. Wobberjockey

1. Cute beaver is Female.

2. CB is probably the single best stalker in the game.

just clarifying
    • Up x 1
  9. yeHHH1g

1. Guy: Informal. persons of either sex; people
    I will be addressing cutebeaver as a grill from now on to avoid confusion

2. Why do you think I told them to send that footage to her?
  10. Frizbee2

To be fair, playing stalker well is as much about reciting the correct incantations before each kill to avoid getting screwed over by the terrible knifing mechanics as it is positioning and strategy. Regardless, I'll certainly get some footage of my infil play up, and look forward to seeing everyone else's.
  11. elementotrl

What overlay is that for TS in the farmer's video?
  12. yeHHH1g

tsnotifier
    • Up x 1
  13. reydelchicken

14. yeHHH1g

Copypasted from Reddit

Notes: I'm only going to talk about positioning then, since it definitely looks like you can shoot mans.
    0:11 - If you didn't have a medic nearby with max heal you would've been dead. In situations where I'm getting shot in my back by multiple enemies, I am looking to disengage immediately instead of attempting a 180 with a pistol. At best you would have gotten a trade there without that random medic.
    0:18 - Stay there! You could have gotten all those kills from the top of the railings and had cover instead of exposing yourself.
    0:22 - The moment you jumped onto that vehicle pad you were a dead man. With that many enemies around you there's almost no chance for you to escape, also you have to factor in that a friendly could just have easily spawned a vehicle on that pad and instagibbed you.
    0:58 - You haven't put a dildar down in almost a minute of gameplay. Radar is so important, you would have been able to see that medic closing in on your minimap if you put down a spotter. Especially important when you are backed into a corner, at least you will see whats coming around it before they see you.
    1:28 - You did the same thing on the other side, this time you were punished for it much faster.
    1:49 - 2:09 - Could've gotten all those kills from the second floor ring instead of running outside, you were completely exposed the whole time. Wasn't worth the 3 kills to die so quickly
    2:27 - 3:08 - What you should have been doing the whole time if you wanted to farm the bottom floor. Lot's of cover and 4 exits to choose from: Either stair case, or one of the vehicle pads. Personally, I would have hacked out the vehicle terminal immediately after the base flip so I could pull a lightning or cloak flash to get out of there. Pulling a vehicle would've been your best chance of getting out of there alive other than redeploying before the base capped.
    3:22 - If you had a dildar down you wouldn't have been surprised by that shottie and probably wouldn't have double-backed right into him at the end.
    What I would have done:
    1. Definitely placed a dildar down in the area I'm going to be farming
    2. Play from the second story of the tower, shooting down at people coming in to a tower is a lot easier
    3. Definitely avoid putting myself in a deathtrap in the vehicle bays
    4. Alternatively I play from the big stairs on the far sides of the bottom level, since I don't really have to worry about people flanking me from my own stairs I can concentrate on killing what's in front of me. But your positioning at 2:27 was fine honestly.
    Three main takeaways:
    1. Dildar, dildar, dildar.
    2. Playing from the vehicle terminal railings minimizes a lot more angles you can get shot from compared to just running outside with little cover.
    3. Be aware of the most likely ways you could die in your given position and find ways to limit those chances at all times
    • Up x 3
  15. Question4Yehhh1g

It's more of a question actually. But you said in Jawarisin's guide that you didn't use a silencer. So I was wondering, what exactly is your loadout attachment-wise for the NS-7 PDW. I understand extended mags, and....
    Also, do you bother with Soft Point Ammo?

PS: I want to know what YOU use, not what you think I should use <3
  16. yeHHH1g

I use the yellow dot 1x scope, extended mags, compensator, soft point, esamir camo (swag). If soft point is available on any weapon it should be a no-brainer to get
  17. breeje

well thanks for the offer but i think i hit the sealing with my gameplay
    i consider myself in the upper average levels as an play for fun guy
    competitive gameplay is not for me

maybe you can be an little more selective and help lower BR
    today i was fighting against 5 snipers that wanted to shoot me off my rock
    all BR 20 to 40 and i was invincible, finely i let them kill me after i run out off ammo

i see this kind of players all the time
    it would be great if someone really could help them
    so good luck with analyzing the footage
  18. yeHHH1g

BR doesn't matter to me. If someone recording footage and want it analyzed, that shows me that they want to get better at the game. I have advice for infils at any skill level. Thanks for the support though.

Wait, you ran out of ammo and died to them? If you killed them how could they have killed you unless it was a sundy farm?
  19. I_am_the_kiwi

Obviously a fellow TR infil player. What is your in game name mate? Also what outfit are you in?

Also nice video man glad to see someone using that weapon.

-Kiwi
    56RD
  20. breeje

they kept re spawning from the basses
    i was sitting on the rock between allatum bio lab and west highlands checkpoint on indar, both hold by the enemy and getting shot from 2 sides by snipers with LA fling up to me HA climbing the sides
    all of them keep re spawning to kill me and an other sniper

we started out with an engi that was supplying and spotting for us
    to bad he was killed and not able to join us again
    one of the best fights in a long time
    the counter snipers ware to easy that's why i posted my first comment