Colbalt

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CartoonFace, Mar 10, 2015.

1. CartoonFace

Can anyone explain why this has happened. also it was like this for 3 hours iv been online is like it now "10/03/2015 - 8.09PM GMT" Really would like to know your thoughts on this as NC have same pop but less territory. [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Ballto21

what about the other three continents?
  3. CartoonFace

Unsure, I'm not really complaining about this btw cause i'm getting kills and that
  4. NinjaTurtle

You're not complaining?

You are playing forumside wrong then.
    • Up x 1
  5. CartoonFace

Maybe we both have a different idea of what a forum is for? Also that has nothing to do with this post.
  6. CartoonFace

Guessing your one of them QQer's then?
  7. Pikachu

Cowabunga! Turtle power!
  8. MasterOhh

You should ask the 50+ NC Scatmaxes camping in Acan BioLab together with 50% of the NC continent pop. While VS is like "LOL NC stay in you silly biolab, we go for your warpgate". Oh, and thx to the TR for keeping the NC busy in Acan.
    And you NC Reaver pilotes, I admire your dedication in trying to camp the VS sundies with airhammers. Even the 4 Burster Maxes, who atomized you within seconds, couldn't stop you from trying again and again and again.
    • Up x 5
  9. VulphluxTR

All these cobads... Smh
  10. CartoonFace

You might be right there. But still if there where that many NC in 1 area of the map then they would of atleast go for more base's right? Also Biolab is the only "One" base NC max are good at fighting rest well thats no even a story :) I know because im full time NC and rarely ever use max due to being close quartz. Lol it is fun wasting points on max to run across a mile long field with a shotgun ^_^
  11. NinjaTurtle

About how **** this games performance, server latency and bugs are then yes I QQ to hell about that ****
  12. CartoonFace

Or you could stop QQing about something you get for FREE and enjoy playing the game maybe? Also before you say well you can pay or i have paid for this game. well no one forced you too but yourself. Also Anyone going to answer my question now or we all gonna avoid it?
  13. Dj Gus

He's actually a sub and pays every month... If I were a sub, i'dd also demand that the game runs decently at worst.

Oh, and IF DBG expect us to play their game, even if you're a 100% freeloader, they damn well should get it to work right... The next big MMOFPS may be around the corner, for all we know...
  14. NinjaTurtle

Considering I have spent £300 on this game I think I have the right to QQ as much as I please.

And I will point this out because if it were not for people like me the game wouldn't exist for free people like you.

It is also not acceptable regardless of the price of a product for it to be operating is a sub par manner. If a company is going to do something they should do it well and consumers should hold them to account for a piss poor job.
    • Up x 2
  15. Alzir

It's because to the majority of players, or certainly NC in this case, territory means next to nothing. What is more important is the "farm", and they go to those neverending fights where they can do that. It sucks, but there it is.
  16. stalkish

Kills kills kills kills kills kills
    Do i need to explain any further?
    Devs gave us kill grind directives, and no 'reason' to warpgate a faction, no reason to defend a base.
    They have even provided a situation where it is actualy rewarding xp wise to ignore the enemy warpgating you, then just zerg back taking the bases uncontested since base cap xp never changes.

Some will say poor leadership, poor players bla bla bla, but personaly i cant blame anyone for not trying to cap/defend bases or cap/defend a cont when it means absolutely nothing at all, infact you could say its poor leadership to attempt those things when; ''all this game is and was ever trying to be is a kill grind'' - D.Carey.
  17. HydeAut

Cobalt server stats:

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/server/13

Pretty much in line with global stats, NC wins only headshotrate, but less accuracy overall, VS clearly performing the best.

NC has the biggest population but only because of the most low-BR players, BUT still it also hasn´t less high-BR players than the other factions.

From personal experience I would have said, VS on Cobalt has currently 1 - 2 mass-outfits which are able to concentrate their high numbers while I see no outfits that would compare to that numbers on NC-side. These VS-outfits also contain many low-/mid-level BR-players which looks like they are or were recently expanding.

Another glaring issue from my POV is aircraft, NC seems to have clearly less ESF in the air over time than the 2 other factions - which makes it also harder for potential NC-rookie-pilots.

But that may also be due to one of the general, global advantages VS has with the low-profile, easy-hovering Scythe which probably is still the most attractive for easy A2G-farming.

Other NC-dis-/VS-advantages: more situational and cert-expensive NC-Max (not exactly like bringing a knife to a gunfight, but like bringing a shotgun to a fight with LMGs); VS having the best starter-LMG (Orion) and the best top-end LMG (BG) for the strongest inf-class; VS having the best vanilla-camo for night.

In short:

- Cobalt´s NC-community is a little lacking compared to the VS-counterpart
    - small general global VS-advantages which are not gamebreaking on their own but add up and give an edge at attacking
    - the stronger getting stronger (not only community-wise but also in gameplay with holding tech plants and locking continents; that´s also why nerfing ravens and making tanks stronger will make things even worse)
  18. andy_m

Considering that a lot of peeps have characters on each faction, all this talk about VS is this and NC is that is, well, strange in my opinion.

What I have wondered about is, why do the Vanu faction have the largest population advantage in the very early hours? And they go around ghost capping bases across the continent. Pound to a pinch, a lot of those ghost cappers also have NC and TR characters.
  19. customer548

I have a NC 100 and a Vanu 65 characters on Cobalt. Went back to NCs for a while those last days.

Perhaps my opinion is not as accurate that it could be, but I found NCs less effective in attacking/deffending than Vanus.

NCs are like "Oh, it seems that there are some people capturing A point...Let's wait a bit in our spawn room, like 2 or 3 minutes in order to be sure of it. Then, we'll spawn a Max for the last 30 seconds, and perhaps go out...but not, because itt's too late". Definitly frustrating.

I feel Vanus more in the mood of "Ok, let's rush A point, if we die, who cares ? We'll revive 30 seconds later and rush back to A".
    Vanus perhaps seem to be more aware / reactive about what's happening on maps too. I often noticed Ncs just running all around with no goal when they are in any base.

*No offense to NCs,really. As i said, my opinion may not be as accurate as it could be.*

Cobalt is an EU server. On Wednesdays, school for young people are slow days in France. Maybe more young players play to the game on Tuesday evenings too ( OP was talking about what happened on a Tuesday evening and NCs are supposed to get more new players/young players than other factions - Still no offense ).
  20. Vikingo

They are obviously farming in Acan Biolab
    • Up x 1