Someone explain what makes the Battlegoose so good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Liewec123

i dont ever want to see the battlegoose nerfed, what i'd like is to see ALL directives become worthwhile upgrades,
    you mindlessly grinded 5800 kills with practically the same weapon over and over and over,
    and that doesn't even count the fact that half of the kills end up being assists due to kill stealers or people unintentionally getting the last shot in) so its more like 10,000 kills.

directive weapons deserve to be darn rewarding!
  2. Vaphell

Do you really want to send the "See all these shiny weapons you get killed by time and time again that blow their competition out of the water? You can't have them" message to newcomers? How are you going to convince n00bs that every gun is ok and they are not the crops to be harvested by decked out people in this game?
    • Up x 1
  3. Schwak

Headshots aren't hard. Most sessions I have above a 50% HSR with my Orion until I start getting tired. Here are a couple recent sessions on my alt.

[IMG]

[IMG]

If you come across a person that is dedicated to their headshotting and you meet them with their CQC weapon in CQC, you're going to have a bad time.
    • Up x 1
  4. Veph

That is how every game works. Experienced players > noobs. If you expect anything else when you start a new game you're pretty...naive to put it mildly. Typical MMOs wouldn't be able to exist.
  5. MikeyGeeMan

I wouldn't argue the stats of people using the weapon. But, comparatively with the other faction directive weapons, the purple goose is overprrforning, and in the spirit if asymetrical balance either the butcher and saw need to be raised to be inline or this one needs to be nerfed to bring it down inline with the other weapons.

I love a good weapon and the goose is the top of the pyramid, but as a tr main, I would like an option as good or within 5% good of the goose. And it doesn't have to be an lmg boost, it could be to the tr directive ar...

Food for thought.
  6. Liewec123

"you can't have them"? why not? what is stopping them from aiming for the reward?
    i think its worse saying to the noobs, "see that gun you started with, thats as good as it will ever get, there is no goal to aim for since you won't get anything remotely rewarding, but hey, kill 5800 people with that gun and we will make it sparkle..."
  7. DQCraze

If the orion is a better gun then why are all the top tier players using it. Between the Anchor and Beetleguise it feels like i die to these 2 guns more then any other.
  8. Klypto

Hue hue hue
    he he he
    HAHAHA HAAAH HAHAHAHA
    BWAHAHAHA
    I wake up groggily in my bed to read this and burst out laughing.

What do you mean, this?

[IMG]

It wasn't that difficult. My accuracy is a bit rougher though, something I'm working on. Just gotta correct the alignment on that aimbot *waves hands around in front while juking left and the right*.
  9. current1y

Player experience plays a large role as well. You can't compare two weapons completely blind and expect them to have similar stats. Especially if they are different (as the orion and Betelgeuse are). For example here are my stats with both versions of the ns15M and their stats are the same.

The only difference was my experience level at playing heavy.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Goretzu

The Q4 and BR100 only stats don't really suggest that, though, they suggest something else is occuring too.

Yeah there's a possiblity that something like that wouldn't be immediately obvious (or noticed), especially with a relatively rare weapon to begin with.
  11. Goretzu

I sort of agree with that idea........ but really what needs to be solved first and foremost is why the BG is performing SO ridculously well (compared to every other LMG), and then things can be moved on from there.

Having said that I think the only realistic option for directive weapon to be "better" is really in terms of flexibility, not in direct "kill power" as such.
    • Up x 1
  12. Vaphell

experienced players don't need exclusives widening the already vast gap separating them from the noobs. The game has problems with noob retention as it is, it doesn't need a PR disaster called "That narrative of viable sidegrades we peddled? Straight up bovine manure".

i don't know, maybe the fact that very few people have mental fortitude to withstand getting dunked on on a daily basis for months with no end in sight. With the experience gap, awareness gap, cert unlocks gap, now you want to add another one and expect noobs not to say f.... this bull.**** game?

No it's not, because the game was in fact advertised as not having that one toy to rule them all. Making prestige boomsticks straight up superior is a bait and switch in that light. Also FPS players tend to expect a fundamental fairness in their games where skill > gear, telling people that they need to jump over the 6k kills high barrier to entry before they stop being 2nd class peasants is not going to win any friends. Yes, they would get their faces melted even with stock orion by pros, but when they see that every BR100 is farming them with VagJuice most of them won't accept it as a fact of life that they are doomed to use inferior weapons for a year or so.

Answer this: why would anybody want to start to play this game 2 years after the release with the deck stacked so hard against them? Last time i checked the M part of BDSM is not that widespread among the populace.
    • Up x 1
  13. hawken is better

No you're not.
  14. Pirbi

It's not that good. It's Just that every VS is a BR100 medkit tanking HA with that directive completed. It's already a crutch class with an underbarrel crutch :p. And no, you don't want directive weapons to be any better. That's a lot of practice to be handed a better weapon. The practice alone will give you an edge.
  15. Shanther

The top players stopped using the Orion. There is a reason I specificly said "and remove the BG." Now granted the KPH would probably be lower then that of the BG it wouldn't be a great deal lower. The only reason the BG has such a high KPH is because it has unlimited ammo. That is literally the only reason. When you compare average accuracy and HSR with other weapons the BG is right in line with all of them.

Trust me the BG doesn't have foregrip benefits. It is extremely easy to notice with that weapon.
  16. MikeyGeeMan

Based on the stats and previous action with weapon balance....

Here it comes...

[IMG]

And I forsee the lamentations of the women.
    [IMG]
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

I've said it elsewhere, but unless you have used the betelgeuse you shouldn't be able comment about how it works.
  18. LordMatt XLVIII

The Bootleg-gauss is just an upgrade to the orion, albeit small. Therefore, you would expect to see better stats across many areas regardless of usage or experience, but the simple fact is that Orion stats include the period where a player is first learning to use the weapon, skewing stats into the negative no matter how long the gun has been used for.

Explanation:

A BR 1 has X proficiency with the Orion, and X+Y profeicency with the Battlegoose. Y being the base advantage of using the beetle over the Orion.

A BR 2+ has W+X+Z proficiency with the Orion, with Z being his experience using the weapon since BR 1, and W being his general tactical experience with Planetside 2, while he would have W+X+Y+Z proficiency with the Bagelbus, having both his prior Orion experience and the Babblegator's stat boost on his side.

Now this all becomes a big factor when you consider that stats are tracked for lifetime use. The Orion's stats will always be lower, because lower level players have a much lower W and Y when they first start. The Bengalgeigers is only unlocked after completing directives that take A LONG TIME to do, so the Bleebergiggles' W and Y start at a MUCH higher value than the Orion.

Another big factor is the position that the orion fills. As the Default HA weapon for vanu, it will be LITERALLY the first weapon, and therefore the worst one, that a new player will use. Not only this, but the Orion fills the role of beign the Vanu's low mag, fast reload LMG, a niche that is NOT filled by the other faction's default weapons, and is a weapon class that sets itself apart a lot more than the other standard 100 round mag LMGs out there. This is pertinent, but I really can't be bothered to spell it out, so I hope you get my drift.

I'm bored now and can't be bothered to exlain the nuanced advantages that having heat mechanics gives you as well as myriad other factors, but I hope this helped, and that everyone stops fightin(As if:rolleyes:).
    • Up x 1
  19. MikeyGeeMan

A very good argument, except the other faction directive weapons performance in game doesn't match this theory. If this was correct ypu would see all directive lmgs with obscene stats...last I checked the godsaw and butcher didn't even contend.
    • Up x 1
  20. ATRA_Wampa-One

That's because the Butcher and GODSAW were horribly implemented, a fact that literally no one disagrees with including those of us that are saying that the Betelgeuse isn't OP. Fun fact, at BR100 the GODSAW is performing about 9% better than the Gauss SAW (this doesn't include the recent buffs), the Butcher is performing about 2% better than the CARV, and the Betelgeuse is performing about 16% better than the Orion KPH wise. I'm waiting to see how much better the GODSAW performs over the Gauss SAW with the recent buffs but the Butcher really, really needs some help, but I suspect the dev team is getting the GODSAW to were they want it and then will finish with that gun.
    • Up x 2