Hacking problem is getting worse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ronjahn, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Shadownium

Hackers on VS are good. They allow us to win alerts ease. I will just get my share of kills when they offline. Hackers on the other two factions needs to be banned.
  2. FlR3

Cheaters on every server needs to be banned for good, no if's, and's or but's. It should be zero tolerance period.
  3. Odins Son

I dont think this is the main problem as long as they obviously hack an get banned really quickly. I see there is more danger in those sneaky "stealth" hackers. When you cant even tell if sniping with 3 quick hs over 400 meters with a godsaw is just "skill", or people who come already firing around a corner. Or ttk for an opponent is about 7 secs. by 50% accuracy on cqc... etc. there are some players who just rely on clientside and thats their excuse. Of course they never experience any of those issues.
    And I must say the frequency of those said incidents is rising.

I really die often just around the corner after a short look around the same. I have a ping of average 50ms. So can anybody tell me whats exactly happening here? Is it now better to have high pings cause you can shoot people who where there 2 seconds ago?
    Strange is I just look for a glimpse not even a second.
    On a one to one I die in 0,025 secs (set recorded video in slomo) very often. No shotguns where involved.
    These experiences are new to me. And you cant even talk to players doing this cause they are whether not answering or arrogant as fu... and this is sadly the main (cheating?) community in this game. I got the feeling when someone is not hacking he got a good answer and is honest in his ways to react when I ask politily how he managed to instagib me with an high recoil LMG from afar.
    My system is runing at smooth 100 fps, i had a decent average k/d of 3 and spm of around 500 my average hit % is 27. But since a couple of month its all dropping (not the fps ;)) because of said occurrences(?)

Something need to be done.
    • Up x 2
  4. Serviceman

I see one VS guy last week. He was on high hill and shoot in the sky from LMG for 3-4 min. without reload and dont slowdown fire rate.
    John Rambo, i thought.:cool:
    [IMG]

And you say about some mythical hackers! :D
  5. Odins Son

Sry to tell you but this seems more like a bug than else...;)
  6. Veph

The sad thing is, the cheaters who dont want to get banned, pretty likely wont get banned, and it's not a question if they even exist.
    Now, some days ago some low BR pretty much instakilled Vanu at spawn from underneath the ground where you obviously cant shoot him; pretty concrete proof to me that this game does no doubt have cheaters who dont get autobanned by some mechanic.
    Over February I had an increasing amount of supsicious deaths so I googled something along the lines of planetside 2 and youtube and a certain word of a mechanic existing in pretty much every "cheater suite" or whatever you wanna call them, and what I found was that there's indeed an up to date piece of software that unlike ones that also exist for a monthly fee, one can download free of charge and it was even the very first link in google's search result. Didn't dare giving it a try because I value my account too much and I'm always expecting such things to be stuffed with viruses, but from what you can read in the comments, it seems to work quite well.

If you read through the feature list of these things and consider most people have at least half a braincell or more, it is damn easy to use these things for a great advantage but to a point that doesn't give yourself away. One feature for example reads that it teleports you *behind* the closest enemy, now isn't that a damn sweet thing to have, cause who expects this when cheats are usually known as aimbots and whatnot. People are always so quick to put the lag stamp on everything, but these things exist and I'm getting increasingly frustrated knowing now that my "find" has been around for about a year already.
    DBG can treat the symptoms (banning based on reports) all they want, but the *cure* is a different approach and I hope they're stepping it up a bit when I read the H1Z1 team mocking cheaters on Twitter.
  7. Pootisman

With all the lag in PS2 (on EU servers at least), pretty much all weapons kill instantly ...
    • Up x 1
  8. Goretzu

Yeah seen (or rather not seen) people run through a field of sentry guns and mines and blow up a sundy, only for it to be lag on their end making the SGs and mines not show for them.

On the other hand there are hackers about, like when you get shot in a spawn tube by an enemy just after respawning.
  9. Goretzu

Subtle hackers and ESP/wallhack users are in many ways the worst, as there is no real way to prove anything (over and above "lag) from the players end. :(

They did ban a lot of ESP/wall hack users about a year ago now and a lot of their Outfits then just fell to bits without them, basically showing how powerful those sorts of things are if used effectively.
  10. DxAdder

Here's My main Issue:

The hacker that Killed me racked up 1300 kills in 51 minutes, all OHK with a CARV and no Head Shots and all but one of these kills
    happened while I was in The spawn room.

I also read that the same type of hacker was killing drivers of vehicles in the same manner.

So this tells me the DGB has no server side Hacking detection what so ever OR the hackers have gained absolute control
    client-side when there online. In either case if this continues the word will get out and people will stop playing.
  11. AbuM

Had one which was either a hack or exploit, some guy got an aircraft inside of the biolab dome and was going to town in it. Even killed me without having direct line of site to me. If this is the future of PS2 then count me out. I have been playing off and on since December 2012.
  12. FateJH

I don't know why people believe this game has active hacking detection.
  13. Nalothisal

....are you dumb? Hackers ANYWHERE are bad. Period.
    • Up x 1
  14. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Yeah for sure its becoming a issue. I have 80 ping and run solid 90 frames . Im BR 100 and getting layed out with incredible accuracy from BR 10 and a t9 carv at 300 meters plus. Im sure its all factions wide at this point. Ive been playing now for 2 years and dont recall having had as bad of experience lately playing game . I report and do my best, to try and make the right decision as to if the person was really hacking or not but lately its a little to obvious !!! I got killed 3 times in teleport tube in bio dome the other day . Never had that happen before !!
  15. mondorian69

I'm sick of not being able to kill anyone from the red team. I know almost everyone is using some sort of cheat hack. For over a year now I have not been able to down one person from the red. all my kills have been from the purple team. Dammit they need to balance this **** out so it's just as much a chance to kill someone from the red team as it is on the purple team. It's ******** and it needs to stop
  16. Klypto

Who? ._.
  17. Slamz

The thing that makes me suspicious is when there's a BR 100 who fights like an absolute pro, but runs into my claymores literally 10 times in a row, many of which were in the exact same spot as one he previously hit.

Makes me think he's hacking because he is clearly terrible at the game and doesn't learn from his mistakes, but his KDR is like 8 and he's > 1200 SPM. Hooowww. How do people that stupid at general gameplay do so well with killing people?

This happens a lot.

Claymore is my #1 weapon (no, really) because whenever I run into people like this, which is frequently, I just keep going full claymore mode and wrack up kills against them. It's actually the average shooters who seem to be the best at avoiding my claymores. The "pros" just keep running into a woodchipper. I find it baffling. Hilarious. But baffling.