Someone explain what makes the Battlegoose so good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 7, 2015.

1. CapperDeluxe

You do realize that in a big fight where you're having to constantly shoot things that when you reach your HEAT limit you actually have a longer "reload" time than if you were using a traditional ammo based weapon?

So in actuality you play it to its strengths you have to have smaller engagements spread out of a period of time, versus dumping all of your rounds before pausing to reload.
  2. MikeyGeeMan

if headshotting people at 50m with a 1x reflex is expected then ok, otherwise some fishy with the frozen food.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mootar

What makes the Battlegoose so good? Best LMG in the game + Unlimited ammo + 0 downtime = Farmers best friend.

As for the difference in stats, it is a combination of Orion stats being representative of a players entire performance since BR1, while the BGs stats are skewed by exclusive use by experienced and usually competent HA players.

The BG is also tailor made and largely used for the standard MLG practice of constantly redeploying to small infantry only defences to dunk on low BR attackers until the zerg eventually shows up, further inflating it's stats in comparison to a general use LMG.

I don't think it's OP, the Orion is actually a better gun on the whole, but the BG has a specific niche, in the hands of a good player at a fight where the BG user can control the pace of the engagements it is a bit OTT.
    • Up x 2
  4. Magma52

Why are people using Battlegoose for the mock name? I thought we settled on Beatlejuice. It sounds wayyy better.
  5. Goretzu

It outperforms everything by miles (and miles), and no one really seems to know why.

The two most likely options seem to be:

1) the ammo mechanic synergises exceptionally well somehow.
    or
    2) it is somehow bugged (in a very postive way for the weapon).

Nothing else really explains how it performs way, way above the other top performing LMGs even when considering just Q4 or BR100 only statistics.
    • Up x 1
  6. Mxiter

It's already happened with post GU1 anchored prowler shells velocity. I wouldn't surprised they did the same mistake into horizontal recoil or horizontal tolerance, or forget to remove "foregrip"/adjust horizontal recoil during heat mechanic patch.
  7. Shanther

If the BG didn't exist and you reset the Orion stats you would end up with the same result. The weapons stats are heavily farmed, padded and are being brought up by really good players.
    It is very much removed. The BG doesn't have foregrips stats.
    • Up x 1
  8. MikeyGeeMan

well it will b nerfed here soon.

its the history of the game. Vs is using it too well. So lets Nerf it so its in line with the rest of the weapons.
  9. ATRA_Wampa-One

Outside of 4-5 great weapons total the rest of the VS arsenal is crap?

Because I've been saying that for months now.
  10. AuxiMoron

this is why I don't forumside
    • Up x 2
  11. TheMercator

Something has to be wrong with that thing. Otherwise I don't think somebody with a short range weapon! should be able to kill with nothing more than four full-auto headshots at ranges were other long ranged weapons can only get reliable bodyshots when you go burstfire.
  12. Veph

Who said LMGs are short range weapons?
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

Oh look, something that doesn't happen unless the battlegoose user is one of the top players in the game and gets lucky.
  14. Prudentia

sorry, i think that is my fault :oops: i posted that name some time ago with the picture of a goose and since then the name has gotten some followers:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  15. Erendil

FWIW, here are the BR100 HSR stats for the Orion, Betegeuse, and (just to throw in another top-performing LMG) the Anchor:

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=br100headshot_pct&weapon1=80&weapon2=1894&weapon3=7236

So amongst all BR100's the average HSR for all 3 weapons has been between 25-30% since about last November, and all 3 weapons are within 1-3% of each other most of the time. And since 02/23/2015, the average HSR for the Orion has been above 30% every single day.

-------------
    RE: the OP,

I can't speak to Arche0s (Guy #1) as a player since I don't know him, but Medium1 (guy #2) was with DARK for a long time. He's always been a good FPS player. He was one of our better infantry players and FWIW I find it highly unlikely that he'd ever consider cheating/hacking. We amicably parted ways around New Year's, and he went from being in a casual/laid back combined arms Outfit (DARK) to joining a more active, more hardcore one which from what I've seen is more infantry-centric (3GIS), so I can see where his infantry skills probably improved since joining 3GIS.

Arche0s just seems like a headshot monster. 70% of his time in-game has been as HA and 4 of his 5 other LMGs have HSR's above 40%. He has 53% w/ the NS15-M AE! So it just seems like his natural playstyle, and I wouldn't be surprised if Medium1 picked up on this and improved his own HSR once he joined 3GIS.

But regardless, I'm guessing most VS who own the Betelgeuse Probably Aurax'd the Orion as one of their first LMGs (if not the first) since it's the default. So they would have many thousands of kills worth of experience, with mostly weaker LMGs, between Aurax'ing the Orion and acquiring the Betelgeuse. And a couple of those LMGs (Polaris, Ursa and NS-15m) pretty much require that you go for headshots in order to remain competitive, further increasing the tendency to shoot for the head.
    • Up x 1
  16. DashRendar

Maybe something like least accurate weapon type in the entire game might have something to do with it...
    • Up x 1
  17. DashRendar

• Up x 1
  18. Arche0s

I approve of this thread. Feel free to take a look at my other characters too, Arche0sTR and Arche0sNC.
    • Up x 5
  19. CuteBeaver

Here is a [3GIS] home Movie where Medium was helping. I am not sure if Medium records or has a YT channel.

And some helpful Arche0s footage to check out. Iv have learned a lot watching him play.

OP, we like to hang out, so if your having problems its because all of the above + the power of friendship.

20. Keldrath

I don't see what's so suspicious about them. I have a similar HSR with those guns, and higher than either of them on ivi HSR. I don't know Arche0s but he just seems like a good player, I've fought against Medium1 before and honestly didn't think too much of him, he seems alright though.