[Suggestion] Intentional TKs from people who switch factions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronMouse, Mar 9, 2015.

1. IronMouse

So yeah, I know this happens now and then. Yesterday it happened THREE TIMES CONSECUTIVELY. Twice from the same player who accused me I was a hacker, at his own free will and estimate, and once from another player, same reason. Naturaly I reported both, but am pretty skeptical they will suffer any meaningful consequences.

I took a break from PS2 due to awful performance recently, but atm performance has risen to a quite decent level. So I took off where I had left before. But this is something that could actually make me quit for good. It is super-frustrating that an enemy fails to kill me for so long, only to have them switch faction and C4/shoot me in retaliation.

Temporary ban for those, please, WITH satisfactory notification to the person who suffered their lameness. And possibly some mechanism to prevent such things, such as 45 minute delay on switching factions or something.
  2. andy_m

I had the same issue last week. I could even which TR character it was that switched to NC just to kill me. I reported the NC character but I know I'm waisting my time.

There's been call for long delays on faction switching but the argument against it is it punishes those who wish to collect their passive Certs for characters across the factions.

Perhaps a five minute delay would suffice. It's not too much of an inconvenience for the innocents but it would at least make it a pain for the fourth factioners...
  3. FateJH

*reads only the title* This is a terrible suggestion!

*reads the post* Oh.

How do you know that it's the same guy, by the way?
  4. Liewec123

i cant see how you could stop it from happening, but there should definitely be consequences for people who do it,
    your 45 minute faction swap delay would hinder hundreds of honest players like me who have several chars across the 3 factions on the same server, and some days i quickly log through them just for passive certs.
    intentional TKs without reason should definitely be punishable (i say without reason because a situation could arise where several trolls block all exits to a spawn room with their vehicles, just for example.)
  5. IronMouse

He... Has the same name, and it happened twice within 5 minutes at roughly the same spot.

I also agree that maybe a time delay isn't the best option. Maybe TKs shouldn't be accounted for when it comes to K/D, and they deplete the offender's resources to 0 (not a harsh punishment), but if the TKs persist within the short period of time and the same victims suffer (bullying) his certs are deducted in increments? First 10 certs, then 50, 100 etc.

I know **** happens and people sometimes TK by accident, but that doesn't happen consecutively with the same people involved. It's the clear indicator that someone is being harassed.

We NEED consequences because it's getting out of hand, it's easy to TK without any drawbacks, and being the receiving party is frustrating as hell.
  6. LIKE A BOSS!

It's pretty simple if they do what I do with my Alts.
  7. FateJH

You know, if I had run into your TR or your NC but not your VS, I would have thought your name is just "Thorther."
  8. FBVanu

Just remove the team kill as a kill from stats,
    and refund whatever resource was in place

i.e.: you just spent resources, get TKed, your resource should be replenished and the TK should not count against you.

That would take away the incentive for faction switching team kills.. If the faction switching team kill does not affect your resources or stats, the incentive is taken away. Yeah, they can still switch faction and TK you, but it won't stop you from coming right back with your resources to continue the fight.
    I've seen this happen to a MAX unit.. he got C-4ed by a friendly... with the above idea, he could pull another MAX right away
    and the teamkiller did not accomplish anything.
  9. The Red One

this really annoys me the first time i experinced this was when i ran over a BR100 NC max shooting ravens at my teammate's tanks i will not say his name but this is what he said to me "lol u **** you scrub u nooby jelly of me i am BR100 so i am so much better than u you nooby scrub git gud scrubie" so i responded "its part of the game deal with it" he did not respond later i ran him over again when he was max this time he swore alot most of his message was nanites and higby and he said something about me being a hacker because no one is supposed to kill BR100s i didnt repond i just blocked him later a TR max attacks my harasser and got it to half life so i ran him over and he began yelling curses into proxy chat at me i muted him but that didnt stop him from constantly trying to kill me so i just spawned at another base that can spawn harassers and i never saw that guy again.
  10. Ballto21

i think that you should lose nanites exponentially with teamkills. Killing two teammates withing a certain time period, lets say until your grief points reset to 0, you wont lose any. mistakes happen. Killing one everytime past two you lose 50,100,250,500,750 again to be reset when your grief points go to 0.
    • Up x 2
  11. Improvisus

Ballto21, I like your exponential TK penalty. Mistakes do happen, especially if there is a big fight and the server is struggling, even the mini-maps fails to indicate your friendlies.

I also fail to understand why a TK is counted against our K/D ratio.
  12. IronMouse

Not only nanites. For intentional TKing one should lose certs as well. You play the game and you gain certs while playing. You play the game to intentionally ruin someone other's experience - I don't see why that shouldn't be punishable with cert loss.

Nanites for up to 2 TKs, every third and so on it's -certain amount of certs.

Hit bullies where it hurts.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tbone

Think like this.You are so good ,that some idiot forced to TK you cause he/she is such a loser that there is no other way for him/her. :)
  14. SteelMantis

A lot of these ideas would do more harm then good.

What does a person on the low BR alt he made to TK people on other factions care about his resources to certs?

I'd much rather have people locked on a faction for a while. I wonder if it could be coded to allow people to log into the warpgate to collect certs and not lock them to a faction until they entered combat?
  15. Tratt

While I like this and think it would do wonders, there will always be people who are trying to troll of grief you. They will step infront of a MAX or vehicle hoping to get someone to lose certs.

It'd be great if there was a way to tell they you didn't intentionally mean to TK or get TKed, but that will never happen. There have been several times where I was run over and before I could reply that I was sorry for running infront of that vehicle, I'll get a sorry from the other person, when it was clearly my fault for not looking before crossing the road.
  16. Marsali

Why not have the delay timer on a timer. If you have been logged into a character for say more than 5 or 10 minutes when you log out you will be unable to switch to another faction on that server for 45 or so. That will allow you to go collect your free certs without any problem while still preventing these faction jump team kills.
  17. Jake the Dog

But then I couldn't tk my outfit leader whenever I want to!!!
  18. Marsali

Suggest he start opposing forces training.
  19. Kcalehc

Wow. People get so upset about getting killed that they switch factions to hunt you down and kill you? I'd honestly never even considered this a possibility till now. Makes me wonder about the times I've been obviously intentionally TK'd; was that a TR/VS guy getting a cheap revenge...

That's really rather sad that they care so much about what happens to their character in a video game.
  20. FBVanu

Its not about the TK'er's resources or nanites or certs..
    It is the fact that a TKer usually ruins your session, by having killed you, (i.e. you just pulled a MAX), and now you are out 350 nanites, you may not be able to pull another, so you can not fight...

By restoring the dead player's nanites, due to a TK, that killed player does not lose any accumulated advantage (nanites), and that killed player is now still able to continue their fight.

By removing this 'incentive' from the TKer.. they no longer gain anything by TKing anyone. Yes, it would still be annoying, but it won't hurt anymore,.. neither on resources nor on stats.. It could drastically reduce the faction switching for the sole purpose of team killing.