Daybreak may no longer restore Hacked/Deleted Characters.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zen_Master, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Zen_Master

Daybreak is saying it will no longer restore hacked or deleted characters on EverQuest 1/2. The same policy might be in effect for Planetside 2. It might not be a major issue here. You will lose Battle Rank, Directives, and stats at the most. I guess it would be a good time to update your password.

Updated Customer Service notice for EverQuest:

Game Masters are available to assist with errors with the game and/or servers (such as crashes/rollbacks, zone down, etc)
    Game Masters will not be able to intervene with gameplay errors. Gameplay errors should be resolved by further gameplay and players should use in-game means to address these errors.
    Some examples of situations where Game Masters will not intervene:
    • Deleted items: Please reacquire any deleted items through gameplay.
    • Accidentally sold items: Buy the item back from a vendor. If it cannot be bought back, reacquire the item through gameplay.
    • Accidentally bought items: Sell the unintended item back to the vendor (not all items can be sold back unfortunately) and purchase the intended item.
    • Misloots: The Game Masters will not move items that were looted by accident or sent/traded to an unintended character.
    • Accidental item modification (combines, augs, ornaments, etc): Please acquire the items again through gameplay.
    • Renaming: The Game Masters will not change a character's first name, surname, or Guild name upon request. Name change potions are available on the marketplace.
    • Guild Administration: The Game Masters will not administrate a guild or intervene in Guild management affairs in any way. There are in-game means to administrate guilds. If what you want to do is not provided by the in-game means. The Game Masters will not be providing administration or management that is outside the available in-game means.
    • Deleted characters: There are various mechanics in place to assure that characters are not deleted by accident. Let's be careful out there. Deleted characters will not be restored.
    http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37732

EverQuest I Discussion:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...game-masters-will-not-intervene.218411/page-9

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/char-restore-test-already-taking-place.218507/

EverQuest II Discussion:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/be-careful-what-you-delete.558624/
  2. KnightCole

LOL, I never knew they did, always thought it was once its gone you cant get it back.

Besides, all their friggin item restore things involved you pretty much buying it back anyway......

THey jacked my warg in EQ2 off all my toons, I sent in the ticket, but the answer, was just go buy a new one.
  3. f0d

i never knew they could do any of that in the first place
    i accidentally deleted a character a few months after ps2 went live, it would have been good if i could of had it restored

oh well no real big problem for me now, i cant see me deleting characters again
  4. Liewec123

probably just lazy support to be honest.
    i had a similar problem with WoW years ago, was told it was impossible but tried again and got a decent support guy who did it.
    i know its a different game, but i seriously doubt that it is impossible, maybe it would take them 2 minutes extra out of their lazy day.
  5. MarkAntony

I see no problem with any of these.( I only left those in that matter to PS2)

1. accidentally bought items? Pay some attention to what you are doing.
    2. Renaming? They wanna cash in on it. If there is a way to make it happen with payment they won't do it for free. That is their decision. I have no problem with this. I pick my names carefully and stick with them.
    3. Guild or outfit administration: That is the outfit leaders job. Don't like what he's doing? Go find another outfit. They shouldn't intervene in that anyways.
    4. Deleted characters: You have to be a special kind of stupid to "accidentally" delete a character in this game. Instead of just clicking the button which could happen you have to type in the goddamn name of the character. You got no one to blame but yourself. You didn't "accidentally delete it. You Deleted it knowing full well what you are doing and later regretted it. There's a difference.
    • Up x 4
  6. Halo572

2 minutes extra out of their lazy day x 6k current dumbasses to service.

Sounds like a lot of lazy day 2 minutes to me.
  7. Astriania

There's nothing in there that says they won't help if your account gets hacked. If it's a similar deletion system to PS2, there's no way you could do it accidentally so that part of the policy is fair enough.
  8. ronjahn

I asked for a refund one time in this game because I accidentially spent 2k Certs on flash turbo while in the VR room. While I was experienced at the game at the time it was my first trip to the VR(I'd rather shoot enemies then dummies) and I didn't know I would be spending real certs to upgrade there.

After sending a support ticket, the GM refunded my certs and I was extremely happy with SOEs service at the time. While refunding for accidentially purchases isn't a huge deal and if they stop it, it won't kill the game, It felt like the company was really helping me out and I supportted them more with a SC purchase the next day. A blanket no soup for you policy doesn't seem all that helpful to me.
    • Up x 1
  9. MarkAntony

Are you talking about the VR training room where you get warned about this issue specifically every time you try to unlock something? The one where you have to click away the warning that pops up when you want to unlock something? Seriously what more do people want?

I am pretty sure that feature/failsafe has been there ever since there was a VR room. (If it wasn't then I apologize to you but it's in now so it's a moot point)
  10. CWorth

Well this just shows how Blizzard is a far better company with it's customers than these guys ever were or will be.

You accidentally delete or sell something no problem. Just go to the buy back tab on the vendors screen and get it back or in case of deleted item go to Blizzards site and use their item restoration system and find your item you deleted and restore it yourself with no interference from Blizzard.

As for accidentally buying items...no problem again. They have a system in game so you can sell the item back within a set amount of time for a full refund of what you spent at the vendor.

Delete a character no problem. Use the in game character restore feature and restore any deleted character as long as it meets certain requirements.

Misloots or item given to wrong person..no problem you have 24 hours in game to trade said item to another person that was in the group that was supposed to get it.

Pretty much everything in that list that Daybreak will not do, Blizzard offers free of charge in game or on their site for the most part so you can deal with it yourself using built in features the game has that the devs have added. Of course some of these features have some cooldowns like the character restore is on a 30 day cooldown and the item restore on the site has a cooldown to use as well.
    Just shows the crappy customer service this company has and what they truly think about their players.
  11. ronjahn

The warning wasn't always there, if we look hard enough I'm sure we can find the patch note where it was added(I definitely don't care enough to look). I still feel using reasonable judgement is better than blanket policies, but whatever, like I said it's not gamebreaking, it just made me feel like they were on my side.
  12. Taemien

The reasoning behind this sounds like they are laying off a bunch of GMs or have done so.

Starting to look like Everquest and Planetside are getting closer each day to being dead IPs.