Zenith Carbine Equivelent?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wroth, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Wroth

I really like the Zenith, because it is better than default at close range but slightly worse at longer ranges (well, long range for a carbine).
    I know the Bandit is the NC equivelent, because it's worse at long range, but better at close range.
    But what is the TR equivelent of the Zenith?Or do they not have one? Please help meeeee!
  2. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The Zenith is actually pretty unique, one of very few primary weapons with good ADS speed and moving accuracy.
    As for weapons, I do believe the TR base carbine is already slightly in favour of closer ranges.
    When in doubt, peruse this spreadsheet for more information.
  3. lilleAllan

Jaguar
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

I have all carbines categorized in the carbine section of my gunplay guide: http://ps2guides.besaba.com/mechanics#carbines

Zenith, Bandit and Jaguar fall into category of "light carbines", they have better hip fire, same or better DPS than default carbines, access to CQC attachments and 75% ADS speed, at the cost of worse recoil and CoF.
    • Up x 1
  5. lilleAllan

And in the case of the bandit - another tier of damage drop off and much longer reload.
  6. Iridar51

Compared to Mercernary, Bandit doesn't seem all that good, but that's pretty much the fault of Mercenary being so awesome. Though honestly I don't get the reason behind additional tier of degradation for Bandit either.
  7. lilleAllan

Agree, tbh I think Bandit is the worst NC carbine.

The Fortuna completely owns it, basically being a mercenary with SPA, laser and underbarrell shottie, but ofc it's a hassle to unlock.
  8. Iridar51

Bandit is underrated. Can't discount accurate hipfire and 75% ADS just like that. It's an inherent disadvantage in CQC due to relatively low RoF, but I'd still take it for CQC over Mercenary or Fortuna. For sub 20m it's worse than Cyclone, probably, but much better outside of that.
  9. Noktaj

The downside of the Zenith is that it doesnt have access to ANY type of ammo modification.
    No soft point, no high velocity.

Dunnow the whole spectrum of TR carbines but I think all of them have access to some type of ammo mod. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  10. lilleAllan

If anything it's overrated imo. GD-7F and Cyclone will completely outperform it at closer ranges and basically any other NC carbine will kill faster at mid range. Fortuna I would take over Bandit regardless the situation - much better range, much quicker reload, nearly same dps.

Trac-5 don't.
  11. Iridar51

And worse hip fire and CQC mobility overall. You're being biased. You deny Bandit what it makes better than CQC dedicated weapons, yet you also deny it what makes it better than an all-rounder such as Fortuna.

Bandit is worse within 15m than Cyclone / GD-7F. Bandit is worse than Fortuna at 20m+. What makes Bandit unique is that it generally does well within 30-40m.
  12. Noktaj

Yeah, I wasn't counting starting weapons.
  13. lilleAllan

lol not being biased. just sharing my opinion after using it extensively.