Letting those low-level BRs get that kill...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Mar 6, 2015.

1. MahouFairy

When I finally have a good LOLpod run, the victims turn out to be below br 20... I kind of feel bad for them. I always hoped that my victims were br 80++ guys so i don't feel any regrets.
  2. Hatesphere

I got brutally farmed as a new player, its my duty to continue the tradition. thats not to say that in small battles I wont /tell them some tips now and again, like to check corners.
  3. DashRendar

I've done a few times where I will coax someone into a fair fight instead of just ganking. If I find a lone AFK soldier or aloof vehicle, someone who obviously doesn't know what they're doing while I'm riding around in my BR100 equipment, I'll fire a shot or two at them to let them know they're being engaged, then I'll hang back and watch. If they notice me and their first reaction is to run, I'll let them go peacefully. This is especially relevant in the air game, for reasons of difficulty. If they respond with return fire, all bets are off, war is war at that point.
  4. Ballto21

i just offer them advice if i see that theyre not doing well, sometimes ill load my tr/nc alt and play with them awhile to help them get their bearings and talk them out of buying the ground PPA
  5. TheKhopesh

I like to set myself up for a difficult fight.
    Like taking on 3 newbie HA's as a stalker infil.
    ^_^
  6. Sierra331

Uh.. proximity chat only works with members of your own faction, not opposite factions.
  7. DrPapaPenguin

Allow myself to get shot? What is this herecy?
    • Up x 1
  8. qquqq

I don't think i have :gifted" a kill, I don't claim to be a highly skilled player, but I have taken higher risks, atacking a heavly populated area, like ether I kill all of them or they kill me, idk if that counts, usualy once I get in my average kills per that life idc if i die anywhere near as much,

Though I do feel bad when I see br1-5 pop up on my kill screen, once sniped an infiltrator br 1 and I sent him a tell saying infiltrator isn't the best class to start off with. with no response, I can only assume they didn't know how to respond to chat,

For the most part, I don't pay much attention to who I am killing, thats why I'm glad for the new starter area coming out soon.
  9. Ravenorth

Never really done that, but pretty often I tend to stop attacking low BR players that I already killed few times in a row. I know that getting killed all the time can be pretty frustrating, but even more when its constantly the same player doing that. Even if I spot them and they start shooting at me, I might damage them a little to force them back off, then I just leave them be and seek more experienced players.
  10. STR1D3R109

Well I dont make the kill easy, but I will attempt to create a knife fight situation.. haha

One time i saw some random dude running along a plains in the middle of nowhere, so i landed my mozzie and challenged him to a knife fight, it was pretty hillarious, around the time of the great snowman hunt.
    • Up x 1
  11. Clay

Hey im not wearing halftone that much :p

2topic:

I actually did this once or twice. I remember a situation when there was a small fight in a Base and this BR100 always came to the point, we had a 1on1 and he lost. And that happened 4 or 5 times, and it seemed he got really pissed off and angry. So the last time he came I didnt aim for the head and instead let my shots go a bit off so it looked like I failed my aiming and he killed me. I hope he felt better then^^

I know these situations when you lose to a player again and again and it can really be frustrating. Sometimes it helps to have a little chat about it and the other guy can tell you what your mistakes were.

To the new players: Usually I just kill them and go on. It happens from time to time in those Big 96+ Fights that some BR7 with the default sniper shoots me in the head etc. and I always think that he must be happy to just killed a BR100 :D

By the way, I know a lot of BR100 players with a KD around 1 or even below 1. So even new Players have a fair change fighting them.
  12. MajiinBuu

I like to think I let them win...
    • Up x 1
  13. Jawarisin

Sometime I do random act of kindness like that too ^^
  14. The Rogue Wolf

It's a good sentiment, but I'm of the mind that telling them what they're doing wrong is better for them than letting them think that what they're doing wrong is right.

It's probably the better option to send them a /tell with a bit of advice, even if they don't respond.
  15. Sunflash

/say will do cross-faction, but prox-voice chat will not be cross-faction.

I've not had much luck /telling foes, probably because they don't know how. I've defintatly ignored people that weren't on the point tho.
  16. DashRendar

Speak of the devil, I was just defending an amp station against an attack by vanu as an aggressive Medic. One time I got killed by a BR6 player, which I didn't think much of. Then I noticed he said in yell chat "omg I just killed a lvl100!" and my first thought was "yeah? well my shield was down and you are playing HA" which I didn't say, but then I realized that he must be a new player, and that when I was a new player, killing a BR100 seemed like a big thing at the time. Of course as you play more you realize that BR100s rarely have any advantage over new players aside from experience and practice and maybe an extra percentage here or there, but new players don't know that. I just thought it was funny that he got such enjoyment over the thought of killing me, hah. It brought me a strange sense of happiness and I don't know why. Just thought I'd share his happiness.
    • Up x 2
  17. Uvirith

As a new player myself I have a question to you guys.

What is it that makes a HighLevel-Player hard to kill?
    I consider myself a fairly good shot, I hit most of the time. Yet I always end up to be the one dying and the enemy seems to soak up alot more damage than I do, even if I get the jump on them.
    Is it Nanoweave Armor?
  18. yeHHH1g

Nope, gotta keep my melbalabs.com rating high
  19. JonboyX

No.

How did you learn to get better?
    I got there by dying. Dying a lot. Then trying not to die quite so much.

If you haven't got the patience to learn how to get better, you're not going to stick it out for more than a few weeks anyway. Why feel guilty?

Sending them nice tells mind... nothing wrong with that.:)
  20. Illucidator

Yea max nanoweave is 20% dame reduction also if you havnt already i would suggest fully certing into medkits because at max you get 4 medkits and you can spam them when in sticky situations. Also dont go up against heavies they are bulley sponges. If they are using resist shield they have around 45% damage reduction. So if you do come across a heavy as another class headshots are a must.