TR vulcan is rediculously OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Kunavi

Look at this thread, are you guys still trying to convince us your QQ against the Vulcan is justified by pulling the "NC RANGE SUX HIGBY PLZ" card? Yeah don't worry, they'll destroy the Vulcan again, they value you more than TR players apparently- Just don't turn this into a farce, be honest right? Just come out and say "It kills me, I want it destroyed for no reason other than that". Because everything else I've read so far is dodgy, unrelated, hypothetical, theoretical or straight out wrong.

Just be true to your opinion and stop pretending that wrecking the Vulcan all over, right after it was elevated to the same position as other ES weaponry no less, has any reasoning behind it. No matter how much you knit pick, you're just QQing in the long run.

Would I use the Vulcan over the Halberd? Yes. I'm SICK of the Halberd. It's NS, it is very effective but I'm SICK of it. Because TR could only use that. And when I run Vulcan, the HALBERD actually gives me trouble if it is operated by a competent person, riding with a competent driver.

Yeah, as I thought people came in to down my previous 2 posts(And everyone else's posts who basically says the Vulcan isn't OP) bringing nothing but "BUT MUH OPNESS!".
    • Up x 2
  2. ComradeHavoc

How did my argument get recked per say? I said Scatter Cannon with slugs, not mattocks with slugs. Also slugs are disgusting in CQC. It's still a disadvantage that only the NC have, a trade off. As well as small magazines, amo pool, and 4 second reloads either way, acknowledge that.

And can you explain how the Vulcan-H beats both empires in terms of AI and AT kills in terms of the ES weapons on the harasser, with AT kills by a very, very large margin? That's not coincidence.

And what happened to you "not replying anymore", your words are as shallow as your argument.
    • Up x 1
  3. ComradeHavoc

occurring*
    their*
    I never said I was special but you seem to think that I believe so, I'll indulge you. Jumpy? Wouldn't you respond to an insult? (that was a rhetorical question because you already have)

It's pathetic to first mock one's signature, then mock their organization, and then mock their responding to both.

666 DevilDogs organize and play for fun, and your negative pandering on them shows your character, as well as "my friend once" stories. And oh dear they aren't MLG leet. They play together and have fun. Shame on them.

Then you get weird.

...despoiling the name of our military? Claiming to use their fighting style? Are you on the drugs?!

You obviously have no respect and no knowledge of the 666 Devil Dogs, much less their playstyle, and the players on that outfit.

BTW that video is pretty obscure. Some guy also makes meth in their basement.

4/10
  4. zaspacer

What's the #1 (non-Accidental Collision) Killer of Harassers? TR's G20 Vulcan-H!
    source: http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthly-vehicle-deaths/

TR's G20 Vulcan-H has the highest number of Average Uniques among all Harasser weapons. And TR's P525 Marauder-H has the 2nd highest number of Uniques among all Harasser weapons (though just barely).

Average Uniques
    ------------------------
    1. G20 Vulcan-H (TR) = 990
    2. P525 Marauder-H (TR) = 469
    3. C85 Canister-H (NC) = 468
    4. Saron HRB-H (VS) = 372
    source: http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/

What about Average Kills/Unique?

Average Kills/Unique
    ------------------------------
    1. P525 Marauder-H (TR) = 10.73
    2. C85 Canister-H (NC) = 7.56
    1. G20 Vulcan-H (TR) = 6.84
    4. VS M40 Fury-H (NS: VS) = 6.13

How about highest Average Vehicle Kills/Unique?

Average Vehicle Kills/Unique
    ------------------------------------------
    1. G20 Vulcan-H (TR) = 5.17
    2. Enforcer ML65-H (NC) = 4.31
    3. Saron HRB-H (VS) = 4.13
    4. NC E540 Halberd-H (NS: NC) = 2.59

Which Harrasser Weapon has the highest Average Kills/Hour?

Average Kills/Hour
    ---------------------------
    1. P525 Marauder-H (TR) = 116.13
    2. C85 Canister-H (NC) = 95.84
    3. TR M12 Kobalt-H (NS: TR) = 93.75
    4. VS M40 Fury-H (NS: VS) = 86.64

So, what does all this tell us?...

Clearly that TR has the best darn Harasser drivers in the game! :)
    • Up x 3
  5. Shockwave44

Sure if it's stationary but the projectile velocity is so slow, it's horrible for trying to hit moving targets at long range.
  6. TeknoBug

I've not played in quite some time, did SOE re-buff the Vulcan? Last time I played it could barely take anything out, only thing I was able to reliably take out were base turrets- not joking.
  7. Outreach

Here they go with this ********.:rolleyes:
  8. WTSherman

They buffed it twice. First they gave it a very tight starting CoF and a Canister-style reticule that was much easier to use than the old Basilisk crosshair (speaking of which, vehicle secondaries in general need a reticule overhaul to get sights appropriate to each weapon). At this point, I was enjoying using the Vulcan quite a lot and felt it was a very effective weapon.

However, then for some reason they buffed it again. They gave it 50% more magazine size and a fixed CoF like the Walker. It is now vastly outperforming all other AV secondaries.

And a lot of TR seem to still consider it weak for some reason. o_O
    • Up x 2
  9. sindz

Lets look back at your replies regarding something you think is broken on VS or NC side, shall we?
  10. Towie

Yep it's the magazine size that did it - without having to reload, it can kill a vehicle surprisingly quickly. Now if only they put that gun on a fast and maneuverable vehicle, something that could close the distance in the blink of an eye and be so fast that it cannot be outrun; wow that would be a pretty tasty combination :)

(Sadly this has not gone unnoticed)
  11. SwornJupiter

What most ppl are missing is the WAY the ESAV weapons are used. Unlike the Saron or Enforcer, a Vulcan user cant sit on a hill 200m away and still inflict massive damage to armour.
    Therefore, using the vulcan (effectively) requires the player to adopt a high-risk/high-reward playstyle that is similar to that of the tank buster or the mustang AH.
    You literally have to be at point blank range for the vulcan to take full effect. Otherwise you might as well whip out your commie and shoot that vanguard. This means that closing the gap quickly can become problematic if you have been spotted. As a result of the Vulcan being unable to retaliate outside of 30m, oftentimes the vulcan will find itself retreating with no exp simply from small arms fire.
    Associated with this playstyle is the fact that successful vulcan runs ABSOLUTELY RELY on the element of surprise (which then, is still oftentimes negated by vanguard god-shield). Obviously this requires getting up close, at which you become cannon fodder for small arms and anybody who can really aim.
    This is coupled with the fact that a single mag (with a hefty reload) cant really kill anything from the front. By the time the second mag is ready to go, the harraser is mostly dead.
    In terms of the vulan's ability to kill air, honestly in the times that my own vulcan gunner has shredded reavers/libs, they are hovering 5m off the ground IN FRONT OF THE VULCAN'S BARREL trying to tank buster/rocket pod us. And honestly, for getting that greedy they deserve to die.

EFFECTIVE COUNTER(S) TO THE VULCAN:
    1. Keep your distance. Thats it. Vulcan useless.
    2. When skirmishing at mid-long range, keep mobile. The agonisingly slow bullet velocity will make it near-impossible for the vulcan to land successful hits.

Sidenote:
    Also, theres some weird mechanic where I can ram my harrasser UNDER a magrider. I get stuck under him - he cant get an aangle with his main cannon, and my vulcsn gunner goes to town. End result: a magrider carcass with two very angry VS engineers.
    might need to be addressed.

The vulcan in its current state is perfectly fine and compliments the harraser's designated role: get in, hit hard, get out.
    • Up x 2
  12. Sunflash

"Keep your distance."

Okay. Put afterburners on my Lighting and I'll consider that reasonable advice instead of half-baked crap. :)
    • Up x 2
  13. SwornJupiter

ah, but head-to-head a lightning would win.
    Besides, imo lightnings are the least rewarding vehicle in the game. Least teamwork and general coordination (be it with pubbies or squad) involved.
    Against a Vulcan, an AP lightning would win up close, at medium ranges and definitely at range (or everyone misses their shos and results in a disengagement).

If you get outflanked or outplayed by a Vulcan-h, it's probably your fault. However, as soon as you spot the harasser (meaning that he loses his element of surprise, his ONE MAIN ADVANTAGE), if he decides to commit without that advantage, you will come out on top over 90% of the time.

Compare it to Saron/Enforcer. On NC/VS alts, normally I run racer chassis with turbo. All I have to do is stay at about 100-200m from the target and my gunner will have his way with his prey. At that distance, constant zig-zagging and serpentine movements mean that unless I'm facing a deployed prowler (who can aim and has his front to me), shots never make contact with my harasser. Also that means that escape becomes 1000x easier. Yes, my exp/min is lower in the VS/NC harasser, but I get out in one piece to come back again. These two (Saron/Enforcer) are the best at what they do: whittling down enemy armour from a range.

Escape for a Vulcan-h, on the other hand, is pretty much impossible once your driver has committed simply because you have to be within 10-15m of your target. Provided you have the jump, you have about a 2-3 second window before your presence is noticed. 2-3 seconds isn't enough (I know, EVEN with the Vulcan-h because of spin-up time) to take anything out, besides maybe a flash and another harasser. Full health or unoccupied Vanguards (even when attacked from behind) are a no-go for a smart Vulcan driver. The god-shield simply negates all the advantages of the harasser.

Back to the escape... Either your driver tries to high-tails it outta there or you die a miserable death having accomplished nothing. Before you say anything, dodging DOES NOT work at pretty much point blank range. It's something to do with latency/clientsideHD, and the fact that at those ranges, the chances of being hit are well.. absolutely certain.
    • Up x 1
  14. Leftconsin

After playing some VS yesterday and having a crew chain pulling a Vulcan harasser against my squad, and playing with TR equipment myself (cause its my main!) I can say I'm convinced that TR have the best harasser weapons.

Keeping your distance is difficult when the terrain gets rough. A good driver will be able to flank you pretty frequently, run, and reengage. Your best bet, from my experience gunning for a driver with auraxium lumifiber, is roll with friends. Even Vulcan harassers are vultures and it is suicide to engage 3+ targets at once. Sometimes it is difficult to keep your distance. This is very true if you are trying to defend a deployed Sunderer, but honestly TR have the best tools for blowing up deployed Sunderers. It is almost a faction trait.
  15. Towie

Yep - it was the magazine buff that really changed it's fortunes, now it can 1-clip an MBT so as long as the Harasser can stay within striking distance (read: quite close), it's pretty devastating. Nobody was asking for it either - it just got buffed at the same time as the Prowler variant.

Don't think i've seen any TR suggest it's weak though - just lots saying it's 'fine', hoping that nobody notices how often they are pulled or how often they die to one ! (hint - people kinda notice these things)
  16. Meeka

Use Lightnings as anti-Harasser vehicles; I can tell you, it works wonders.

It takes a fully crewed Harasser to handle 1 Lightning... or multiple Harassers.
  17. Kazrak

As long as i get OHK as infantry by VS/NC AV-MAX from 200-400m away you're mimimi about the Vulcan-H is nothing but hot air
    Tank-driver tears taste delicious and most people i one-clip with the Vulcan would also have died if i pulled a Furry-Flash.....
  18. entity009

The fact that there is even a debate is ********. Log in and play as something other than TR and you will see the vulcan DOMINATE the playfield. Given a choice I just avoid TR all together because fighting NC or VS is far easier due to the lack of the wiz bang vulcan crashing main battle tanks in seconds. Im sorry but your secondary gun on a tank should NEVER out dps the main cannon.

The sauron and enforcer are ******* bad joke compared to the vulcan. So what if its range sucks you guys have no trouble getting right up someones *** with it. A harasser armed with a vulcan should not be able to toe to toe with a main battle tank. Sure you can be crafty and dodge and weave but its not even necessary using the vulcan you can sit still and easily kill anything before it can kill you. Dont even bother saying its not true because I saw it about 15 times tonight alone.
  19. entity009

this is ********. if the vucan harasser gets the drop on the minitank your dead before you can even spin the turret around.
  20. PrimePriest

Then don't let it get a drop. There is this new thing called situational awareness.
    AP and frankly Viper Lightnings do just fine. HEAT and HE are strictly inferior to ALL ESAV Harassers.

Also...since February I don't really see it dominating.
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kpu&weapon1=6121&weapon2=6123&weapon3=6126