Which is the best continent? And why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by qquqq, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Gretchen

My personal opinion.

1. Indar - love the terrain and most battles are fought here.
    2. Esamir
    3. Amerish
    4. Hossin

3 and 4 only play when first two are not available (despite the game taking me always to one of these last two continents any time I log on to the game).
  2. Liewec123

Esamir easily:

1. flat, its so annoying going from base to base on amerish and indar.
    2. less spam clutter to eat up memory (looking at you hossin)
    3. the big one, WALLS AROUND MOST BASES, flipping the bird to tank zergs.

simple and brilliant.

the only big downside about esamir is that with the redesign they added that godddam stupid fog from hossin.
  3. NinjaTurtle

# 1 Amerish. I love it's aesthetic of green meadows and mountains, is the closest environment in the game of where I live on England. I love the base design and I think it has the most interesting bases

# 2 Hossin. I love how it is so different to the other continents, I love the cover and foliage that allows for some very fun LA gameplay and having the canopy acts cover for air attacks helps a noob pilot like me escape flak or other ESF

# 3 Indar. Purely for it's terrain diversity. Bases are pretty terrible in terms iof desig and are terribly outdated

# 4 Piles and Genital Worts.

# 5 Esamir. I hate the snow, I hate the white white white bland landscape and I don't think the design is very good. Not because of the walls though I think they could be improved slightly but just because it feels very average
  4. pnkdth

1. Hossin. Crank up the graphic settings and it is drop dead beautiful, with an incredible atmosphere. It is a shame you're at such a disadvantage when playing on higher settings(shadows, fogshadows, etc etc) because it is really cool. Even without this, I enjoy the terrain and challenges imposed by it. Bases are varied, and one of my favourite bases are the destroyed Bio Lab. I just wish they'd make stuff look more consumed up by the vegetation.

2. Amerish. Similiar to the above, I enjoy the challenge terrain poses.

3. Esamir. Again, like the two above I like the challenge the terrain affords us, but rather than having plentiful amounts of cover, we have to work with what we've got.

4. Indar. Meh, been there from the start. Same fights, same routine. Only play there if I have to.
  5. Pikachu

Change to fog? :confused: Esamir fog has never changed. Its the same unnoticable amount everywheew except on the river in the evwning.
  6. Naejin

As I play primarily infantry I'd have to say my favorite is Amerish. It has the most interesting or unique bases. (Shrouded Skyway, Wokuk Ecological Presserve, Split Peak Pass, The Ascent, bases with tunnels and passageways, etc). Indar and Hossin are tied. Indar has become predictable, so it's good when I'm feeling lazy. I love the terrain and look of Hossin but the framerate loss is wonky, and I still haven't decided whether or not I like the fact that every Capture Point is located eleventy-four miles from the nearest spawn room. Esamir? I have to be in the mood for Esamir. It's too white, and I'm from Canada and in the middle of a crappy Canadian winter. That being said, I honestly like all of the continents. It just depends on how I feel and how I want to play on any given day.
  7. Liewec123

i don't know why but i seem to see it all over the place since the patch
  8. 00000000000000000000

1. Hossin: I'm an infantry guy and its an infantry quagmire.

2. Amerish/Indar Tie; both have great areas, I particularly like the mountains of Amerish and the canyons in Indar

3. Esamir: not sure if its the optimization, or how vehicle friendly it is (and me being an infantry main) but my kdr drops like a rock when I play on Esamir, and so does my enjoyment of the game, I try to avoid it at all costs. I go from a solid 1.5-2 kdr to about 0.5
  9. AssaultPig

Indar > easimir >>>>>> amerish > hossin

amerish and hossin have a few cool base layouts, but in general I don't like how much they restrict vehicle movement (also the fog on hossin is super annoying)
  10. qquqq

infantry {quagmire: an awkward, complex, or hazardous situation.}
    that would sum up hossin, a nasty place to be infantry. only mildly better between bases, at the bases definitely a quagmire.
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

Esamir

runs best
    looks best
    plays best (mostly regarding open-field battles)
  12. 0fly0

My favorite are based on my playstyle and i love infantry better.
    1: hossin best place for playing an infiltrator, lot of tree, rock, easy for playing my infiltrator or la it's also the last place were you still can find good low populated fight.
    2: amerish there is a few base i really love with cqc sniper.
    3: esamir love the montain fight but not so much those 3 point bases
    4: indar i hate this map too munch desert to cross between bases it always end up in battle tank.
  13. Pikachu

Pic.