Which is the best continent? And why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by qquqq, Mar 4, 2015.

1. qquqq

I'm not looking for just votes, although you can include yours, I would like to hear reasons,

The maps in Planetside 2 are quite different, I thought some comparison of the advantages of the different continents would be helpful

I am partial to Esmir and Indar my self. I believe that the lack of tree cover makes for a more difficult place for air to go unchallenged by ground forces, the maps are more open on the ground allowing for more interesting armor encounters, and generally there is more usable space between installations, As well there are less hidy holes for light assaults and snipers.
    The arrangement of terrain is also slightly more favorable. many bases on Amerish and Hossin have strange lines of sight I do not like,
    If I were to choose only 1 it would have to be Esmir, I did not like it until l got a snow camo and my IRNV is temperamental still on Esmir, but I have found the most success there in finding acceptable fights,

But I made this thread to see what others think.
  2. Calisai

It's going to be completely dependant on playstyle and personal preference.

So... Since I'm a Mag driver first and infantry second.... my ranking is based on that.

Esamir > Amerish = Indar >>> Hossin

The reason Amerish and Indar are the same is that I've been playing since tech test and am completely sick of Indar's "balanced" fights... IE, fights that never seem to change much. For a Mag, I like Parts of Indar better than Amerish, but as a whole continent, Amerish is better. Esamir's single tech plant is a major problem for vehicle fights... its annoying having to drive 5-6 minutes to get to a fight.
  3. Crashsplash

It does depend on how you like to play.

I haven't played on Hossin but of the rest Amerish is my favourite, it's a good infantry fighting continent and the base spawns are more protected than the others. Next is Esamir and Showshear is favourite.

The problem with Esamir are the walls in that there's no indication of where the entry points are, but on balance I think it's a good thing they are there.

When I played tanks, anywhere was good but I preferred Esamir (I stopped tanking before the Amerish revamp).
  4. Ronin Oni

depends on personal playstyle.

I'd think Hossin would be a lot more favored than it is because it promotes infantry fighting so well, and there's a lot of infantry who hate vehicles.

But w/e.

I love Hossin's bases the most, and the canopy is really cool. I like the "Spacing" in Amerish better though, because I enjoy tanking as well.

So all around, Amerish... just infantry or air? Hossin.

I hate Indar the most though. The bases are TERRIBLE (most of them) So open to tank spawn camping which ruins base fights.
  5. EliteEskimo

Old Esamir>Esamir/Indar>Amerish> Hossin. Ordered as such for which allowed the most combined arms battles and open field battles.
    • Up x 3
  6. Ballto21

I love A,erish, nice base designd in general and decent space for all forms of combat, vehicles air and infantry
  7. Rogueghost

Overall I'm pretty indifferent about each continent, they all have bases I love and bases I despise, in about equal number.
  8. DelusionsOfGrandeur

I miss old Esamir so damn much, but it is what it is.

Indar>Esamir>Amerish> Hossin is the preferred layout when I'm driving a tank. As infantry I'm indifferent.
  9. Xind

Indar = Esamir > Amerish > Hossin.

Hossin is a frame drop guessing game. Some areas are so much worse than others and there is really no indicator until it suddenly happens. Half of the bases are extremely, and I mean extremely, bad.

Amerish could essentially have less forced mountain pathways and I'd like it as much as Esamir and Indar.
  10. BlueSkies

Amerish=Hossin>Indar>Esamir

Esamir would be ranked higher if it were on the dark side of the moon, but not a fan of daytime Esamir
  11. Ownasaurusrex

Good accurate feedback , I agree
  12. sustainedfire

Amerish Is best.

It has a lot more enjoyable bases the.n The other continents. Combined arms are more encouraged.

It's got sniper Friendly cliffs.

You can hide in a cliff and lock on unexpecting rocket podders.

You can actually fly a Valkyrie there, and live, since the maneuverability allows for some great mountain hit and run play.

You can ambush convoys I. The mountains.

there is a lot of fun to be had on Amerish.
  13. DxAdder

14. Tommyp2006

Esamir And Amerish are my favorites. I like the base layouts on Amerish, and I like the terrain on Esamir. I like Indar's terrain, but many of the bases are so bad that I just can't say that I like it enough. I don't object to fighting on it, like I openly do with Hossin. If there was only one continent unlocked at a time, and it was Hossin, I would immediately log out of the game. Hossin terrain is a major PITA for vehicles, too much tiny **** that stops you dead or flips you over all over the place, too many mountains, and hills blocking even infantry assaults. HATE the fog.
  15. Plastikfrosch

My favourite Hossin = Amarisch > Indar > Esamir
    I prefer Hossin and Amarish because they dont have so many plane boring areas and they are cooler for big infantry fights outside of bases and the bases themselfes are more interesting than on Indar and esamir (ok, they are the older continents, but still).
    I would love to see some changes at Indar and Esamir because there are too many copy and paste towers and those towerfights are realy boring by now.

But i think all tankdrivers and pilots who are afraid of trees will not like hossin while main LA or infiltrators (especially snipers but also stalkers) will love hossin.
  16. WUNDER8AR

Amerish all day every day. Everything else pales in comparison. Indar is the epitome of stagnant frustrating stalemate not to mention that the game has been Indarside for god knows how long anyways. The latest iteration of Esamir is terrible because walls and horrible lattice lanes. Hossin's too dark for my taste and the limited render distance sucks for air combat and kind of breaks my immersion.
    Amerish terrain and base design allows for all types of combat. Only terrible base I could think of, besides all the Biolabs of course, is Subterrain Nanite Analysis. The lattice is somewhat reasonably executed, thus the frontlines are constantly moving so you have fights in almost every corner of the map.
  17. Juunro

I enjoy Esmir the most because out of Indar and Amerish, it doesn't have any one particularly stupid base. Scarred Mesa Skydock and Subterranian Nanite Analysis are tied for the worst bases in the game.

Hossin is just generally terrible; bad base design, VS getting to be basically invisible on most of it doesn't help, neither does being able to place dual Fury battle busses directly on the point of most of those bases where the point is the interior of a structure, much less being able to magboost or get a harasser up onto otherwise completely inaccessable cliffs to rain death on people below. Hell, I've done that last bit with a Fury Harasser and felt like an enormous ******* for doing it.
  18. DrPapaPenguin

Hossin> Indar> Esamir> Amerish
  19. Mystogan

Indar, simply because of few things that are most important for me:

1.Best variety of terrain and absolutely best continent for tanking!
    2.Best balance of infantry/vehicles/air fights (everyone can find something)
    3.Open terrain makes much harder for Air to farm ground and destroy good fights Which is great. Main reason I don’t play on Hossin is because of ESF ground farmers.
    4.Crown, Crossroads, Indar Ex and many more bases I love to fight in.

Then it would be Amerish, where there are many bases with many floors where infantry can fight without A2G farmers. And it is also great for Tanking, a lot of fun with Magrider there or Prowler.

3rd- Esamir. I like it but bases are boring (walls….around…snipers and air break lock on easy) and IT IS WHITE EVERYWHERE. Boooring.

4th and last- Hossin. First I thought it will be great infantry continent, awful for tanks (which is ok, I have 3 others for tanking) and trees etc. will protect infantry from air. I was naïve. Hossin is a heaven for A2G scrubs, who fly to decent 12-24 fights and ruin it. So I don’t play there, unless it is biolab or amp station fights. Shame because terrain makes infantry fight FREAKING AWESOME. But lolpods do not.

So Indar for me, from when I started and till I will stop. Indar is love. Indar is life.
    • Up x 2
  20. FABIIK

1. Indar (because variety and straightforward base design)
    2. Amerish
    3. Esamir (old Esamir was better)
    4. Hossin (hate the fog. hate the overly complicated base designs.)

All this from an almost exclusive infantry player who plays alot out of primetime.
    If there's a 96+ at a base I'm usually out of here.