there is not a single reason MAX's should be revivable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Fleech

It makes zero sense from a balance perspective and logical consistency perspective. the medic gun can repair mechanical components as well as revive people now? The max suit is already one of least skillful means to a large EXP. yield in the game. being able to res them would make more sense if they had no access to a very lenient nano auto repair. on my very first run with the blueshifts i got a 36 kill streak at quartz ridge with zero prior knowledge of the playstyle. and when i died, i was simply revived, sat in a corner for 40 seconds to get to full health and resumed the point and click adventure as if nothing happened. the single best way to balance MAX's would be to make them un revivable. unless, i can also reassemble my tank with a med tool as well.
    • Up x 4
  2. TheBand1t

I have not played in months and you're still crying about things killing your tank

some things never change
    • Up x 1
  3. FateJH

It's not my fault SOE mixed their shields and armor bars with their health bars on the MAX. Back in the day, we actually had separate armor and health and it worked just fine. MAXes revived with just their health and needed armor repair to get back up to tanky standards.
    I want the ability to reconstitute tank remains with my Repair Tool and drive around in an undead Prowler.
    • Up x 11
  4. Jovisfulmina

It would solve the max spam in biolab. Outdoor vehicle are not revivable, it makes sense that indoor ones shouldn't be either.
  5. FateJH

How? You'd still have MAX spam in the Biolab.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

how about because they cost as much as an MBT and they die to a single c4, or 2 rockets, and they can be damaged by small arms fire?

would you be happy if MBTs died to 2 rockets and small arms fire?
    • Up x 2
  7. Metalsheep

Back in Beta SOE made MAXs unrevivable, and they went extinct virtually overnight. Nobody wants to play in a walking coffin. MAXs are too squishy to be unrevivable.

Make them immune to small arms like a Tank and then they can be unrezzable.

SoE already tried that solution, and it didnt work.
    • Up x 2
  8. Fleech

and you still have zero reading comprehension.
    • Up x 1
  9. Fleech

not too frequently if you have a pair of functioning eyeballs.

ESF's die to one rocket and get half healthed by small arms.

they can die to 2 rockets to the back plate and one AV nade.
  10. Disconsented

They cost 450 nanites same as a MBT and they have:
    Less firepower
    Less speed
    Less durability

The reviveability balances that out
    • Up x 1
  11. MajiinBuu

Your logical perspective is off. A MAX is simply a normal person wearing an exosuit. The medic revives the person inside just like anything else, but can't repair the armor.
    And point-and-click adventures haven't been made since the late nineties :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  12. Doc Jim

As long as you can't "exit" your MAX unit like any other vehicle, it has to be revivable.
    This doesn't mean that I think MAX units are fine.
  13. Fleech

right, they revive the person inside of a now thoroughly broken, unpowered, exosuit.
  14. Maelthra

Which is why they then need an engineer to repair it.
    • Up x 2
  15. Fleech

and a lib costs 350, yet instant gibs tanks and aircraft alike. resource costs are not always representitive of what something is capable of in this game.
  16. Prudentia

u wot m8?
    did you never hear of dedalic? current "generation" point and click games are better done than most AAA games... tough to be fair... there is also not much which is done worse than most AAA games..
  17. FateJH

[IMG]
    Who are you to decide if it's unpowered? especially since the person who is revived can make it stand back up.
  18. EliteEskimo

Surprised to see you still on the forums, watching for a meaningful change to the air game from afar while doing other stuff I'm guessing?
  19. Konstantinn

Strongly disagree. There's already a 30 sec timer on rez expiration, also rez grenades don't work on maxes and it takes a lot longer to rez a max than infantry on top of which maxes come back at very low health (again unlike infantry). These are disadvantages enough.
    • Up x 3
  20. EliteEskimo

Take C4 away from LA or make C4 a deployable explosive and you can make maxes non revivable.
    • Up x 4