What is the most kills someone has with the spitfire so far?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kapescape, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Kapescape

Has anyone managed to auraxium this thing? lol That is mostly a joke but seriously even a silver medal would be impressive. Does anyone know what the highest spitfire kill count is? Just curious.

Discuss.
  2. Prudentia

dasanfall as not a single entry on the spitfire, so i guess there is just noone with more then 50kills? o_O
  3. Ribero

This is enough evidence to justify nerfing the Liberator.
    • Up x 10
  4. Detrich

I have like.. 23 or something like that (I'm sure half of them are kill steals from someone else haha).

I hated it at first, but starting to really appreciate it now. It's good for point defense and smaller team operations.

I have to get creative with placement for larger battles. My main complaint is having to resupply to replace after it's destroyed. It's a stupid mechanic. I paid (yes) what, 750SC for this thing? I wish that was at least taken out.
  5. z1967

Or it hasn't updated. Or its an API issue. Probably only 50 knows.
  6. NinjaTurtle

I think for how weak they are this would be a reasonable buff
  7. _itg

I've got 188, or something around there. It works reasonably well in SNA, near campable jump pads, defending sundereres, or in giant fights where light assaults are trying to fly above you to drop c4. I still think it should be put on a cooldown timer, so you can place another after like 60 seconds without going back to a terminal.
    • Up x 2
  8. FateJH

Below 60, above 40, I think? Only the Engineer Directive for the Spitfire is actually displaying the number of kills as far as I know so I'd have to check that.
  9. Liewec123

i'm around 150 i think, its great for sundy defense, or just chucking down anywhere if you have no intention of using the other turrets
  10. Kapescape

Wow you guys with 100+ kills that is amazing! I have tried using it quite a bit but I think I have maybe 10 kills across all my chars. Any advice on how to use it? I know its useful for covering a sundy but is it really useful anywhere else? Also Now that you have quite a bit of experience with it are there any things about is you would change/buff? (Besides the need to resupply cuz let's be honest that is total BS)
  11. Thurwell

I'm not an expert, but from what I've been told you want to stay with the spitfire. Add your carbine DPS to it's DPS, don't expect it to get kills on it's own.

The other thing I've heard is place it where light assault like to come over the walls. They're totally helpless while in the air and the spitfire has good accuracy and vertical traverse, but bad DPS. So it will gun down those LAs before they get to the ground and can fight back.
    • Up x 1
  12. Detrich

I use it for point defense... so say you're stuck guarding a point with just you and maybe one or two of your buddies.. put the Spitfire so it has a different angle of defense than you, but like Thurwell said, don't leave it... add it's DPS to your carbine.

It'll help you get kills, will sometimes get kills itself if you get caught reloading, and will sometimes avenge your death (heh heh)
  13. Kapescape

Yeah sometimes I kinda use it for cover to absorb some more bullets but I think the AI Mana turret is better for that since you can shoot it lol. Not to mention the spitfire pops pretty quickly.
  14. Metalsheep

I like to use my Spitfire to cover my Tank when i am hanging out in a small area, such as when im Locked Down or using a Skyguard. It had saved me from many a C4 Fairy, either by alerting me, or killing them outright. Most C4 fairies just bum rush you from behind, once they commit, usually they cant escape the spitfire in time.
  15. HadesR

300 so far ... Found a couple of good spots in which it helps your own DPS a great deal
  16. hostilechild

Prox + spitfire, if the prox doesn't get them the spitfire does. Jumppads in big fights.

160+ so far but haven't played much lately.
  17. KoS_Migitz

i got a friend on Briggs who has over 600 killd with it, he only uses engy though
  18. Ronin Oni

I'd be too easy to just keep replacing them when destroyed without ever putting yourself at risk crouched behind cover.

MANA turrets at least expose you a tad.

It's actually a good mechanic IMO as it makes you be really concious where you put it cause you only get 1 per resupply. You can always go and resupply before it gets blown up too.
    • Up x 2
  19. HappyStuffin

It absolutely amazes me you people have as many kills as you do. Similarly, I am amazed when I get killed by a Spitfire.

They really are just very large and ugly alarms that happen to do a little damage.
    • Up x 1
  20. JohnWindRunner

i dont use them cause they die to quick (and i can never get that meny certs due to buying other upgrades and weapons), i have never died to one and i can take em out easy so i see they are worthless unless in a huge mass