Hacking problem is getting worse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ronjahn, Mar 4, 2015.

1. ronjahn

I know there are a lot of posts already about the recent rise in hacking, but after what I saw last night I feel inclined to make a new post.

There was a BR 6 last night instakilling everyone in a terrorty. This wasn't aimbot or speed, this was literally just people essentially instantly exploding without any contact with the hacker. It said he was killing with a Carv, but he was killing huge groups of people at once and it was useless to even respawn.

This person was also posting links in /yell to a YouTube which was filled with terrorist propaganda and threats against Smedly.

If anyone has information on this or saw it at all, please report to DGC.

I reported in game and on the SOE site and also reported the YouTube channel. This is disgusting and needs to be taken care of swiftly.
    • Up x 9
  2. Ballto21

awful

for a second i thought this was some nc from ti alloys ******** about hacking vs, i hope this guys dealt with, and ip banned
  3. Problem Officer

Full auto weapons, lag switch, sounds like shotgun hit, OHKO.
    Lag ≠ Legit
    If it's unintentional lag giving an advantage, regardless of attached disadvantage, they need to log off immediately.
  4. Danath

Looks like you haven't suffered them. There are hackers moving through terrain and instakilling 4 guys in the same second with a pistol. Their killboard is infinite. Or just people who apparently don't have hitboxes. They get banned in less than 24h, but until then they can ruin an entire battle.
    • Up x 3
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

IIRC It's most of the script kiddies that get/make hacks for H1Z1 getting banned from there and then coming here.

It should die down soon on it's own and Prompt Critical (anti hack dev) is still there and incredibly talented so any persistent hacks should get patched out.
    • Up x 3
  6. uhlan

Unfortunately, SOE/DBG has become the focus of every ne'er do-well in online gaming.

It's tiring to try and play with all the issues let alone things like this.

Couple those problems with the games entire focus on farming and stats and it's almost pointless.
  7. DramaticExit

It's very difficult to know if your lag is causing problems like this unless the victims of it tell you. There have been a couple of occasions where someone has said "Did you just instakill me with your Carbine?", then I've checked my ping and thought "Oh god, how many peoples' day have I just ruined in the last few minutes." as I realise that it probably felt like all those shots hit simultaneously...

Basically, if someone is lagging like this and doesn't know, the only way they're gonna find out is if someone tells them. Some people tell you by getting mad or screaming "OMG x IS HACKING BAN BAN BAN"... Some people quietly drop you a /tell saying "Just check if you're lagging, mate. It felt like you just instakilled me." The second one is preferable.
  8. Danath

I once killed an NC MAX with C4. He was looking at me and not reloading, so I was surprised I actually did it. Killed myself with the C4, and just after respawing I died still inside the tube, killed by the MAX. Dat Miller lag
  9. ronjahn

While I understand where your coming from and have had the experience you describe, I promise you this wasn't lag. The title of the YouTube link was called something like "Holding Planetside 2 Hostage" and the video clearly showed the guy running ESP hacks because you could see all of the enemy Doritos through a mountain, at like 1000m. The same guy in the video killed me and damn near 100 other people in the territory at the exact same time. The kill board just kept scrolling with his name and he was laughing about it in /yell. There was no reason to ask him, he admitted it and posted a YouTube video of him hacking.

nah this guy was TR on Emerald and hopefully it is quickly dealt with; I had almost no desire to play after experiencing it and seeing that deplorable video. I have his name written down, but won't post it because it may get my thread closed. I rarely ever call hacks and generally shrug off questionable events in the name of lag/bugs/client side/nanites/ect, but have lately experienced a few encounters that I can't describe as anything but hacks. I was once firmly on the "there are barely any hacks in Ps2" camp, but have recently seen them in action and have become much more skeptical. On the bright side, the guy I reported for speed hacking in a harasser over a week ago hasn't been online since the day I reported him :)
  10. Klypto

I also would like something to be done about the notable increase in hacking.
    • Up x 1
  11. DramaticExit

Try reading the post in this thread that I quoted and to which I was responding.

I was addressing one person's comments specifically... Not the original post. The guy I was talking to was referring specifically to lagswitching and unintentional lag providing an advantage. He was not talking about the incident the original post references.

Once again, just for clarity... I was only talking to the guy who spoke about lagswitching.
  12. Killuminati C

I'm in complete agreement with you. I've been playing since launch and have to say I've rarely come across hackers until the last week or two. I'm reluctant to jump to conclusions but it's been happening one or two times a play session lately. And it always leads to an immediate 10+ people flooding /yell chat with reports of getting OHK'd by anything from a Beamer to a Carv. I just logged off a little bit ago and checked a VS' profile that killed me earlier and he had a 280+ k/d... That's a lot of irritated players.
    • Up x 1
  13. Bleh Blemington

This is happening pretty frequently on Connery lately.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. iSpank

In last 1 week i reported 3 conformed hackers, each one of them killing everyone inside spawn room with kill streaks upto 250+kills lol. Hackers are very very Uncommon in PS2 but last week is a Exception!.
    • Up x 1
  15. Haquim

That is exactly the opposite of how high ping and bad connection quality works for me - I am the one getting instakilled, sometimes by enemies that only render after I am dead.
    My enemies on the other hand keep on living about 2 seconds after I emptied half an armistice magazine in their heads and upper torso - and to add insult to injury they can kill me in that time and if they do the damage that didn't register yet vanishes in limbo.
  16. HantuDuppy

In the last two weeks, I'm noticing quite a number of people who are not taking any damage from knife hits. Does anyone know if this a bug, or a hack?
  17. Turiel =RL=

The "thing" with hack in PS2 is that the hackers from Russia are professionals and they charge a monthly subscription for it. That keeps it kinda in check so to say, because not many are willing to pay real money for the possibility to be a pain in the behind for other people. I mean one has to be a real no-life degenerate to go that far.

The fact that the number of cheaters went up from one day to another indicates that there is a free hack available somewhere. That would be quite alarming.
    • Up x 2
  18. FLHuk

Knife bug is as old as the knife itself. Plenty of videos posted to the now deleted bug forum section.

Also https://twitter.com/j_smedley suggests currently action is being taken on the engine from both games that use it.....
    • Up x 2
  19. DramaticExit

Works both ways, unfortunately...
  20. FateJH

The knife-able sweetspot is much smaller since the OHKO knives were introduced, almost to the point of being a bit wonky. Prior to this, the arc was fairly broad; the window of contact is actually a rather narrow region right in front of you nowadays.