What weapons do you have that are OP even though you have them?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 4, 2015.

1. DashRendar

There is a certain psychology in gaming where something will be OP until you have it, and then it's not OP anymore. Then there are some things that remain OP even though you have them. For me, I realized lately that even though I own and can readily use A2A lock on missiles whenever I want, it doesn't change the fact that they're incredibly cheesy and annoying to be killed or even assisted by.
  2. TechMechMeds

Claymores.

Was pure cheese before i had them, is still pure cheese.

It's like placing free kill beacons lol.
  3. Jawarisin

CQC sniper. At first I thought it sucked, then I found out of ridicoulously OP it was, and that's remained that. A 1 shot weapon that can kill from about any range...

A2A are well known to be OP though, I trialed them twice, and both time I laughed at how easy it was. Kind of ruined the fun for me though, I'll never buy them.
  4. MallowChunkage

Brawler bwoiii

I mean, a shotgun on a shotgun, with the option of a shotgun as secondary?
    Triple shotgun LA > NC MAX, plz nerf.
    • Up x 1
  5. KnightCole

EM6 =D
    • Up x 1
  6. 0fly0

The max range for ohk with a cqc sniper is 200 meters. I think saying ridiculously op is a bit too much like you have to stay in battle range for using it and not miss your headshot but sure it's a good weapon.

The lancer is a really good weapon and the only left i can think since the ppa is useless.
  7. Ballto21

NS revolvers, LPPA, A2A lockons, C4 LA tank hunting, playing heavy assault
    • Up x 1
  8. Ballto21

cqc snipers are basically only op if you can aim, even then its a pain in the ******* ***

the lancer is not overpowered except maybe the render range issues since its only useful in numbers. Basically, teamwork OP. Saying a lancer is OP because a 5 man squad and almost instagib a tank is like saying skyguards are OP because 5 of them can almost instagib an ESF.
  9. iSpank

Engineer AV turrets needs some serious balancing, rest is pretty much fine.
  10. Halkesh

AA harasser, because it's more effective than a skyguard and cost 150 instaid of 350.
    ESF AI weapon (lolpod & AI nosegun)
    Koblat harasser, because for the price of 2 C4 it's far more effective.
  11. Mefi

If OP compared to other similar weapons, then
    Artemis - better suppressed sound than NC/TR autoscouts and not gimped by annoying bullet drop when suppressed. Well, it has the best suppressed sound in the game.
    Burster MAX - better FoV, not gimped by vehicle sensetivity restrictions, much more viable at bases even than AA base turrets. Even after accuracy nerfs it still seems to be better at range than Skyguard.
    Halberd - more viable than other MBT weapons, great as AV, viable as AI. The other jack of all trades weapon, Basilisk, is total trash compared to Halberd.

OP as annoying weapon to deal with, idk, might be these
    AV MAX - squishy but bites very hard.
    AV MANA Turret - same.
    Lancer - way too good when used by organized squads.

Not a weapon:
    Motion Spotter - too strong in small fights.
  12. 0fly0

i agree, you don't judge a weapon on your aim every weapon are deadly if the guy can aim, the ghost is clearly not op for a medium player.

That's why i say lancer is a really good weapon but not op, sorry i can't think at an op weapon in vanu, the old ppa was op, now it's garbage and the other weapon are pretty balance.
  13. IPLAYTF2

cyclone ez
    • Up x 1
  14. LodeTria

Lancer.

If everyone used this it would have been nerfed already. It's extreme range & accuracy make it the best launcher in the game.
  15. andy_m

Nothing is overpowered.

Everything is just fine. And balanced.
  16. iccle

AV Mana Turret
  17. Jovisfulmina

Rocket Pod
    Grenade Launcher
    Light PPA
    Dalton
    Rocket Pod

And to a lesser extent, NS-357 Underboss.
  18. Catalyist

19. FateJH

C4.

I've only found one use for it that I don't hate: counter-cheesing MAXes who play peekaboo with jumppads. You don't even have to hit the trigger if you throw it correctly.
  20. DrPapaPenguin

I'll say SABR-13.