Command Chat is the worst

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xCable, Mar 4, 2015.

1. xCable

Id really like the ability to disable it or refund my certs into it. It is literally the most annoying thing ever. Just a bunch of chiefs pointing fingers.
  2. sIcGER

um - just ignore them ? and... no - no refund - YOU chose to unlock it, so why you want a refund ?
    • Up x 2
  3. Tommyp2006

I've had CC muted for quite a long time. Next time you are in command chat, bring up the voice settings menu, go to the command section, and turn the volume all the way down. You can do this individually for each voice channel and even each player in each channel.
  4. FateJH

Don't cert into stupidity.
  5. Shanther

50 days played and I have still yet to cert it. Best decision I have ever made in this game.
  6. NinjaTurtle

Cant be as bad as watching Wisdomcube go into a hysteric fit in /orders because he wants to play airmchair general
  7. Obstruction

i unlocked it on my first character. then i had to eventually mute it in the voice tab, and turn off ducking. now i just don't ever accept squad lead on that character. every character since then i don't unlock it. you have my condolences.
  8. Jawarisin

Owww, I feel you :/ Bought it on my VS, regretted it ever since - have it perma-muted. Will never buy it on any other char again.

Oh yes, imagine Wisdomcube having a personnal channel to talk in your ears at all time. That's what unlocking Command Chat means. There's no cooldown, and there's not only text. Well, there's the /orders, but there's also /leaders, and the freaking voice chat.
  9. Ballto21

I dont know anything about this wisdom cube but i got a domination on him once by blowing him up with his own mines VIA EMP and im proud of that
  10. JudgeNu

I have it certed but I am never in a squad : ]
    Plus I disabled voice anyway.
  11. CWorth

Welcome to MMO's of which Planetside is one.

Every single other MMO I play and I mean all of them which is about 10 of them. ALL have some way to reset your skills trees, talents or what ever each one calls the points you earn leveling in each game for either in game currency, for free or a reset token for real money in their stores. And most of them even have cooldowns you have to wait for to do it again. Like one has a 30 day cooldown before you can reset your stuff again.

ALL of them but this one.

That is one this this game sorely needs. I have certs I spent on my character when I started playing that I thought would be useful and in 2 years have hardly even used it very often. So yeah a nice reset ability limited to once every 30 days or even a token to purchase with same cooldown would be a most welcome thing.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ballto21

t
    thats actually a good idea if it was refined a bit
  13. sIcGER

yes - it definitely is a good idea to have the option to reset your unlocks/certs. was discussed here on the forums many times and devs said may be there will be a token you could buy in the future. but we still dont have that option, until that, the answer for a refund request, especially a refund for a single unlock, is no

edit: even when the day comes, that there will be an option to reset certs/unlocks, my answer would be pretty similar: no - no refund - YOU chose to unlock it, so why you want a refund ? but feel free to buy a cert reset token :p
  14. Pirbi

I call command chat the Tinnitus Simulator. It's always been broken. Partly from the playerbase, partly by SOE. The names change but the personalities are the same. SOE could have at least made it continent specific. They could also make it drain resources or certs so we don't have these mic abusers drawing attention to themselves all day. Or simply disable it and force everyone to use text chat. If it's important enough to say, it's important enough to type.
  15. FateJH

You might be mistaking that with the elusive server transfer token. Unlike that, the developers have never paid lip service to the future of a cert reset token as far as I recall.
  16. Prudentia

the issue here is not commandchannel, it's american commandchannel :rolleyes:
  17. sIcGER

hm - may be you are right, but a cert reset was discussed many times in the past and i think i've read a statement from a dev that they are thinking about to implement it - however, would still be a good idea - many people would pay for a cert reset -> $! DGC... $
  18. DrPapaPenguin

The command chat isn't a skill, you bought it with in-game currency.

But yeah, I'd like the long-talked about refund tokens to finally be put into the game.