banned for 8 days for language?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TeeR4life, Mar 3, 2015.

1. TeeR4life

so my first offense and im banned for 8 days cause of my language this is crap ive sen people exploit the game and only get 3 days i get 8 days for my language?
  2. user300115

3. htmlboss

ROFL
    • Up x 5
  4. Sierra331

Yup, they reserve the right to ban you for using language. They apparently want this to be a game rated ESRB Rated E and filled with children instead of adults.
  5. htmlboss

WANT it filled with children? It already is filled with CoD noobs/knoobs/boobs/knobheads :mad:
    • Up x 1
  6. Takara

Let me guess....you dropped some racial words ...not just once but repeatedly in an attempt to make someone upset? Considering I've been here for over two years and this is seriously the FIRST time i've ever heard of a ban for language. I'm going to say.....it sounds like a Troll got Trolled by a GM. GG
    • Up x 5
  7. Sierra331

Until Earth is invaded by aliens, the only race on this planet is Human. So go ahead and bash people over ethnicity if you want, **** if I care. Freedom of expression, even is supposed to be an American ideal as well as an ideal on the internet. Even if other people don't like it.

If players can troll and act like dickheads, why can't we flame them for being trolls?
    • Up x 1
  8. Takara

Freedom of speech indeed. I'm an American...i believe in it fully. But it doesn't mean you won't get in trouble for what you say. Freedom of speach just means it isn't against the law to speak your mind and say what you believe. But it doesn't protect you the results of what you say.

You can walk into a restraunt and do all sorts of cussing and racial words...but that doesn't mean the owner can't have you tossed out. Nor does it mean who ever you are talking too won't come across the table and beat the snot out of you. *Shrugs* In this case, he was using DG's servers...it's their playspace, not his.

Personally I don't really care what is said, I have thick skin. And I don't really understand people who let words get to them. But the racial thing just makes me think people are ignorant. And ignorance annoys me. So For me I feel this is likey the case of someone being ignorant and getting just rewards :p
    • Up x 1
  9. Sierra331

You forget the parts where DG has optional /ignore commands and an optional profanity filter. Why even bother coding these and implementing them if they'll just ban us for it anyway?

It's why I'm not going to be paying them a cent once my 12-month auraxium membership is over with.. shouldn't be long now.
  10. Takara

Ignore is good I agree. But again...as a business you don't want to have large groups of people annoyed like that. Would you ask customers of your shop to simply ignore the guy standing inside yelling at everyone? No a responsible business owner would ask the guy to leave.

It's the internet...if ya can't take the fact someone is going to say bad stuff...ya prolly should be here. But don't be surprised if you are harassing someone and a moderator gives you a kick in the *** :p That is all I'm saying.
    • Up x 3
  11. Magma52

Banned for bad language? Seems unlikely. I imagine you were being obscenely homophobic, racist, sexist or something similar.
  12. user300115

Because both complement eachother. When I have to ignore you I can submit a report so others don't have to bother with you.
  13. Magma52

Snitch.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mianera

So don't use offensive language, don't grief or verbally harass people. Then you won't get banned at all.
    • Up x 3
  15. Doc Jim

The offensiveness of your language really must have been extreme.
    I'm quite sure that you deserved what you got.
    You will find no sympathy here.
  16. MuldoonX9 Developer

Hate speech and harassing language is against our Terms of Service.
    • Up x 2
  17. Takara

Well that pretty much confirms it. *shrugs & laughs*
  18. Some1

I've seen people come to forum to plead innocence to try and get out of a ban but coming to the forum to admit guilt and to complain about it? Thats a new one.
  19. Sierra331

Then why the hell did you waste time and resources programming in an "optional" profanity filter and /ignore blacklist?

You're obviously misleading people to believe that they can curse if they want to and then banning them when they do!

To me it looks like a BS way for Theybreak - I mean "Daybreak Games" to rip people off from their money when they pay for a membership.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lilium Atratum

I am surprised and amazed that you consider the existence of "ignore" as a permission to harass people verbally!
    Many games, forums, social media has an option of "ignore" but harassment is still forbidden there.
    • Up x 7