When if the HA shield nerf/delay coming?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ballto21, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Ballto21

I havnt heard any news on it for weeks. Since i know this is going to become an argument topic here is the best worded argument for the change i have found thus far, as posted originally in this thread by iridar51
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...o-to-heavy-asssault-shield-nerf.215130/page-2
    • Up x 2
  2. Hatesphere

Hopefully when they find a more interesting and easily balanced solution then a delay.

A still think a huge part of the problem was giving HA access to med kits and health implants.
  3. Yuki10

I think HA shield is under-powered and needs a buff. It's pretty useless right now.
  4. Tommyp2006

Probably never, since so many players play primarily HA.
  5. Ballto21

Not sure if serious.
  6. Ballto21

I feel bad for players who play almost nothing but heavy

Hell even weakening it to 400 or 500 at max rank would fix it
    • Up x 1
  7. Xind

You need to nerf HAs versatility and/or mobility. Not the shield.

Remove C4.
    Remove the ability to jump and sprint while the shield is active.
    Remove .75 ADS from LMGs.
    Possibly remove access to SMGs.

The shield is their capital ability and a delay would make it significantly less useful to the point of being pointless.
  8. Ballto21

I guess i can see c4 being taken away
    That also seems reasonable, but wont really make much difference since its basically flick F for 5 seconds flick F dun
    0.75 ads isnt really that fantastic to need a direct nerf on any weapons. If you have issue tracking a 0.75 HA with an LMG, youll also have trouble with
    >SMG anything
    >Shotgun anything
    >VS engineers/LAs using a Zenith
    >Anyone hipfiring because theyre moving at 100% move speed
    0.75 is only good at cover peeking, not direct combat

I dont think any class but infiltrator should get smgs anyway

HA shield is overpowered in any combat sense, even ambushes can be avoided from semi auto shotguns, SMG infiltrator, commie infiltrators, CQC snipers if the shields already on, everything in the game can be avoided with an HA overshield except maybe maxes, assuming its 1v1 or 2v1, and yes, heavies should be able to win 1v1s fairly easily as long as its either mutual awareness or you get the first shot, nobody, regardless of class, should survive a direct ambush from any class using anything with more than half the green health bar unless the ambusher really ****** up bad. I mean natural one bad
  9. Tbone

10. hostilechild

This part is ********:
    ===================================================================
    A: But other classes have Jet Pack / can heal and revive / give out infinite ammo!

I don't deny the fact that other classes have more/different utility than a heavy. The problem is that utility doesn't matter in the part of the game which is FPS: guys shooting at each other.

As long your goal is to kill other players - which is usually the main activity in FPS - you're forced to play HA or MAX, or acknowledge the fact you will lose a lot of fights regardless of your gunplay skill
    ====================================================================
    So being able to fly on top of a building or tree and shoot people unsuspectnigly is not part of this FPS game? funny

Being able to run around the corner, auto heal yourself or your teammate so they can shoot the other person as they round the corner is not part of this FPS game?

Being able to cloak, so you can get the drop on someones back or flank is not part of this FPS game? roflmao

All of these examples are guys shooting at each other that the ability gives an advantage of. It might not be an HP/shield advantage but its for the most part an even bigger advantage in a game with <500ms TTK and a 300ms avg latency

If you can't win the fight when you get the drop well you don't deserve to win the fight.

When fighting a shielded HA just adada dance while hipfiring, if he scopes in he is toast and can't follow, if he hipfires his gun typically is a POS hipfiring.

Why instead of the shield, SMG, shotgun types should be removed and additional COF added while strafing. Its why they nerfed HA hipfire in the first place instead of touching the shield. To get around this most HA run 1 or 2x scope and scope in (takes atleast 100-200ms to do that)
    HA thus maintains its shield but balanced out by having to stand still letting shield make up for the moving to cause misses!
  11. HadesR

I'm not sure it's needed anymore.. I personally need a bit more time to see how the EMP changes pan out long term before any further judgment ( Initial judgment about them was good )
  12. Ballto21

Only those who are too easymode.I played heavy since beta and in all games,it is my kind of class.I played it when it was bad and when it was good.

I think thats what you meant to add. If HA is your play style, fine, power to you. Enjoy the game your way, especially if you play it in every game. But in planetside, its the most easymode class to play with how it operates. HAs have exclusive access to LMGs which are the best CQC weapons in the game, at the same or better DPS and general stats an SMG, of course hipfire being an exception, and longer ranges, and giant magazines.I

Its a class that doesnt motivate you to learn good accuracy. Just flick f and hold down fire, if you miss it doesnt matter.
    Its a class that doesnt motivate you to up your HSR. Just flick f and hold the fire key.
    It doesnt motivate you to get better at the game by the means of exploring different game styles and weapons. Just spam shotguns, lmgs, and flick f

You wont learn anything in the game by playing heavy other than "This is how you walk, run, hit the ability key, and aim that-a-way"
  13. Iridar51

Jet Pack, Cloaking - none of these abilities matter when you get spotted and under fire. It's up to the user to use them to his advantage. Their effectiveness depends on enemy bad awareness. They are subject to skill and circumstances. Improper usage will make these abilities useless or harmful. At best they provide positional advantage, which can matter or not matter.

HA's ability matters each and every time HA engages, and always provides full benefit.

Medic's self healing is actually in the same category as HA shield, but it's much weaker.

Ability to heal/revive other players doesn't matter in a firefight. It's not like HA rushes at you from around the corner and you'll revive someone at his feet to give yourself an advantage.

EDIT: Once again, I'm not looking for HA nerfs. I just wish it was reworked to be at the level of other abilities.
  14. Akashar

I feel bad for people whose thought of being skilled is playing smg+cloak. They are the guys I'd remove.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ballto21

I never said i was skilled

Hell in other threads i said i was garbage as almost anything but infiltrator/LA

But youre primarily HA on your TR/VS (the link wasnt working on your NC sig and im too lazy to type it.)

Using a cruth of 700 hp and the best cqc weapons in the game being LMGs, with the same DPS (or better) than SMGs, the ability to have range, and often times almost double the ammo capacity, is not a fertile grounds to learn to play the game aside from "Shoot-that-a-way" when you can outgun almost everything else and pop the 700 hp if youre jumped and still survive with most of your green health bar left.
  16. Xen0n23

You have no idea what you're talking about.
    • Up x 1
  17. _itg

LMGs are not particularly good CQC weapons. They have terrible hipfire and at best "standard" DPS (143/750, 167/600, 200/500). CQC carbines and assault rifles have much better hipfire and better DPS. Shotguns have overwhelmingly better DPS at very short ranges. SMGs have overwhelmingly better hipfire and equal or better DPS.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ballto21

LMGs are superior CQC weapons, sporting the same DPS in general, or at times better DPS than SMGs, exceptions being the lasher and SAW. Worse hipfire accuracy but better ADS accuracy (orion, for example, is more accurate than the Eridani ADSing in all but stand moving and accuracy loss, at which the eridani is better and the same respectively.) Higher damage per magazine, with 50, 75, and 100 round magazines missing is not as big a deal. You can miss half your shots and itll mean less than if a carbine, AR, or SMG missed half of theirs since you would at the least have their starting magazine size remaining, and you have additional versitility, being able to perform well at medium and long ranges.

Shotguns would be the obvious weapons to outperform, but theyre worthless anywhere but cqc anyway
  19. Ballto21

Read the post above this one. It explains more in depth the thought process behind this statement. Also the TTK of a heavy with max rank nmg with a Terminus is 0.9 seconds, assuming body shots, but TTK a medic with a CARV is 0.55, again assuming bodyshots.
  20. Gutseen

Again... dem low KD infl newbz whine. Yeah, im 1 of those HA that spots stalker infl from 10 meters and headshots LA's from 100+ meters in mid air, with mah phat iron sights.
    And i say.
    GiT GUT
    Or...
    [IMG]