Why outfits play Server Smash. Every. Time.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4nda, Mar 3, 2015.

1. P4nda

• Up x 2
  2. Xind

I personally wouldn't add cuts of Heavies using Dumbfires against infantry. In general you made that look like the worst combat I've ever seen.
  3. Jachim

There were like 2 of them, and they didn't even hit.
  4. P4nda

Generally speaking I wouldn't argue with you here but in ServerSmash everything goes - it's not about being flashyl it's about killing and not being killed first.

The second shot was a reflex as I jumped out with it already in my hands.

Besides that, no other comment?
  5. Xind

I didn't say "Killing infantry" did I?

The same way Pilots think Nosegun 1v1s is the only acceptable form of combat and everyone should abide by that, I despise seeing HAs using Dumbfires against foot infantry.

I will give you I love seeing galaxy action. Rapid deployment drops and gunships (especially A2A gunships) are something I sorely miss from the normal game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ianneman

Thank god there's people like me who do it almost non-stop for guaranteed 1-on-1 wins.
    • Up x 1
  7. MahouFairy

Some people need to know that in a war, nobody cares how you kill an enemy with, as long as you kill that enemy.
  8. P4nda

Rocket Primaring is top cheese and I never do it on LIVE, I mostly play Medic in support. For SS though its about who's left not who's dead. And galaxy action is the best :eek: Wish we saw more of it on LIVE.
    • Up x 1
  9. Xind

I really want to run an A2A gunship, but honestly, my piloting skills are subpar. I just feel like all four guns focused towards AA would let you obliterate the enemies air force and rule the sky...not to mention respawning/dropping allies in the area. But it's just not something people really get into. :(
  10. zaspacer

Cool vid.

I wish Server Smash wasn't so broken handful of tactics and handful of units. It would be awesome to see the Server Smash players using the full arsenal of units and fighting along the spaces between bases.

With such a wealth of Server Smash players available, PS2 Devs have really dropped the ball in not using them to test balance changes or rule variations, and make a better game.