Enemy nolonger *pops* properly after hacking the turrets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zhengy4, Mar 2, 2015.

1. zhengy4

I noticed that I can no longer hack the terminal, then face backwards and immediately kill the enemy that got poped out with my Commisioner. They always pop out at the unusual spot and killed me instantly instead (I still don't get where exactly they pop out). Did sony recently change the *pop-out* locations?
  2. TerminalT6

The actual problem I've noticed with hacking turrets is that when the player is ejected, they're invisible for a moment or so. They can still move and shoot you, though. It's incredibly annoying, makes hacking occupied turrets a suicide mission without AI mines.

Someone's about to call me an infil piece of **** for hacking turrets. Before it starts, get over it.
    • Up x 4
  3. Ballto21

its lag. The model always comes out in the same place but doesnt render as visible or able to get hit, but they can hit and see you. Walk on the edge to the very front where they cant see you when they pop out and corner peek shoot them. Or drop a mine behind them and do the same thing, theyll get instagibbed regardless
    • Up x 1
  4. Angry Scientist

It's a failing for the game to render them in a timely manner. The common counters to this are proximity mines, which will trigger even when they're not rendered due to client side making the mine appear on their end, or hiding in front of the turret, then coming around before they get their bearings. The latter carries the risk of being shot in the face by the turret, however, though it's pretty effective versus AA ones.
  5. Ronin Oni

^this is how to do it.

This does expose you more to others though.
  6. Tommyp2006

It's been like that for as long as I can remember, which is why I made a habit of hacking turrets from the front side now, especially because sometimes they don't register to claymores when they pop out.
    • Up x 1
  7. TerminalT6

My counter, because I need my medkits, is to jump in the turret immediately after the occupant is ejected. Then I wreak as much havok as possible, hoping the former occupant doesn't have means to blow me up.
  8. 0fly0

Too bad you need your medkit, i put a mine and hack the turret frome the side for not getting kill... I don't think that's lag it happen with the "optimisation graphic patch" like two month ago and after that it's always the same when people get out of a turret it take like 2 sec before i can see them and i never had this problem before, i like using medkit too but when i hack a turret behind ennemy line i don't want get c4 in 10 sec because the guy in the turret is not dead.
  9. HadesR

Yeah been this laggy way for a few months now .. Also happens with drop pods and had the odd occasions it's happened when someone has exited a vehicle
  10. user68

It's not a lag, it is a change to vehicle exiting mechanic that was introduced at some point.
    The idea was to give people time to load environment and look around before rendering them to enemy, so you would not be instagibbed exiting the drop pod or spawning at the camped sundy.