[Suggestion] Buff the 3.4x scopes naow!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Auzor, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Auzor

Aloha.

So, order of scopes goes
    1x
    2x
    3.4x
    4x

1x & 2x have a now pretty big variety of crosshairs. Ironically, actual crosshairs aren't on the menu. o_O
    In short, many of these crosshairs are pretty bad; a big splosh for "central dot" etc.

Now, I happen to like using magnification. Just like IRL, this can.. improve accuracy!
    So, except for an SMG, I always go for at least the 2x. Unfortunately, the "dot only" 2x sights were removed. :confused:

For the 3.4 scopes, one faction has the best scope: the NC, with a crosshair.
    However: all factions are still screwed in the 3.4x department, because whomever designed these, decided to use a paint brush to paint ugly, thick obscuring stuff on my screen.
    Seriously: compare the thickness of the scope "walls" in ADS between the NC 3.4x crosshair, and the NC 4x crosshair scope.
    The VS ones are equally terrible; I haven't checked the TR anymore, but I don't use em for the same reason.

There are some consequences:
    for ADS at close ranges.. the 4x actually feels better to me, because I can see more going on on my screen.
    One supposed trade-off of going to higher magnification is that your field of view becomes smaller.
    With the 3.4x scopes, this doesn't feel to be the case.. because the ugly fat paint takes up so much space.
    The part of your screen where you see zoomed in is smaller, and the area outside it, where you might see an enemy sneaking up is.. also smaller.

--> Suggestion:
    for all factions, instead of posting pics of new looks for max weapons on twitter,
    remodel the ADS view of the 3.4x scopes.
    Use the "thickness" of the scope walls of the 2x and 4x scopes as a guideline;
    Make both the central area and the outside area bigger by making the damn scopewalls much, much smaller.
    A few more variants would be nice too.
    (and I don't mean the NC logo! If only NC gets the crosshair, maybe TR can have a T-dot for 3.4, etc. The "dot" in T-dot should be crispy clean.)
  2. Eternaloptimist

Not sure I follow this....I use 3.4 red dot and it is a good sight, doesn't obscure my view at all.
  3. KnightCole

Yeah, I hate TR high zoom scopes, they all suck lol.
  4. Stromberg

"1x" scopes are actually 1.35x btw. there are only a few true 1x scope in the game, ironically on long range rocket launchers like lancer (or annihilator).