Have you died in a Dumb Way?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TwistaX, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Auzor

Fail-aim vs LA jumpjetting over me. Still happens.

Run into something head-on, pass him by; presumed friendly. Spoiler alert: wasn't a friendly.

Drop C4 to kill a max around a box, pull trigger, C4 not ready yet. max chases, run-around-the box; both directions.
    Thinking I've got a "lead" around the box, I detonate C4 whilst I'm standing closest to it; max undamaged :oops: .
    It was a brain miss, I missthought where I had placed the C4. Wonder what the max was thinking..

My vehicle is taking hits.. drive into nearest cover, exit with repair tool.. own vehicle runs me over.
    Lightning doesn't have a parking brake; kept sliding; of course down the side I exited. :mad:

Presuming the random Valk has squad deploy system; jump out over the enemy capture point.
    (Why would the valk fly over enemy base if it didn't have it.. )

Thought process: is that a rock or a mine? -> Runs closer for inspection.
    This happens often.. it's often not that I don't see the mine, it's that I'm not 100% sure it is a mine, so my instinct is "let's have a look at that!"

Trying to repair an enemy lightning.

Friendly mines placed into grenade-attracting areas. Genade goes off, "friendly" mine goes off.. thx a lot mr infiltrator.

I'm aware I have a tendency to step into enemy long range missiles.
    The Vanu ones are the worst.. if the enemy fires it to my right, I see a pretty bright firework with green sparkles flying towards me, and I tend to step into the missile's arc.
    • Up x 1
  2. Rentago

back in the day, this was the only acceptable way to die.
    • Up x 2
  3. Keldrath

Someone killed me with a shotgun today.

I thought that was pretty dumb.
  4. Demigan

Nice one, good singing considering the usual voices :)
  5. ElastaPlast

Bailed from a Liberator thinking it was a Galaxy. :oops:
    • Up x 1
  6. Bonom Denej

This. So many times.

Also... What made OP think this would be a [PSA] ?.
  7. Haquim

It means Public Singing Attached i guess...

Regarding the topic... dying in a dumb way? ME? Never!!

Cue Flashbacks
    * Bailing from my Mosquito as Heavy Assault, just to notice it was my G2A loadout, not my shock transport with ejection seat.
    Flying through a canyon, changing from 1st to 3rd person perspective and flying into a wall because that messes with the controls.
    Assaulting A Point by myself(instead of redeploying) because 15 TR refuse to leave the spawnpoint.
    Driving after a Skyguard that shot me from behind as MBT and driving on his AT mines.
    Trying to beat the enemy to death with my ammo pack or shield generator.
    Exiting my wraith flash at full speed and getting subsequently driven over by said flash after it bounces off some rocks.
    Being a locked down fracture MAX on a road and getting driven over by a BR10 TR who had to try his new Harasser afterburner.
    *Cue back to reality

Never happened at all, don't know how it could happen, bye gotta kill things!
  8. Ballto21

Forget youre sniping while running to a nest and switching to your primary thinking its an smg.
  9. FieldMarshall

Public Service Announcement?
  10. andy_m

Only yesterday, I had just been helping with some AA at Scarred Mesa with my Burster MAX. The threat had been eliminated and I was about to change to AV mode but for some reason, out of habit, I pressed R to reload my Bursters. Only I pressed F instead and went flying off the edge of the cliff.

Justice done, I guess :-/
  11. DrPapaPenguin

I was driving a Harasser, turbo-ed up a steep hill and went a little airborne, got hit by a low flying liberator and exploded. The lib just continued on his way.
    • Up x 2
  12. Naejin

Deployed from a high flying Galaxy, land on another Galaxy about 50 feet below the first. Jump off, get hit by a Liberator on the way down. Bounce off the peak of the tower, hit the turret--which, now that enough time has passed since my initial bailout, does damage. Bounce off the turret and hit the ground. Just a sliver of health left--Woohoo! Get run over by a friendly tank that comes barrelling around the corner.
    • Up x 1
  13. Hatesphere

Bio lab jump pad, jumping up, get hit by a gal and pushed off target, take no damage, hit the ground under the lab and get run over by a friendly tank.
  14. Takara

First off let me say, good song! I enjoyed that, the video made me think of playing PS1 with my old outfit. Good times and not taking the game overly serious.

THAT said...I have a vew oldies but goodies.

1) Remember when you could park your sundy over base tunnel holes and people using the elevator beam would die when they hit the fender of your AMS...yea...

2) Yesterday I was flying my liberator around a biolab in an attempt to shake a Reaver....well apparently someone at the satellite base hit the jump pad at the wrong time. Out of the corner of my eye I see a blur of blue...and I get a road kill. Getting run over by a liberator in mid air ...gotta suck.

3) And my personal favorite...of late....spawning at a new location....that then spawns me under ground or three hundred meters above the ground which then has me fall to my death. :-(
    • Up x 1
  15. Kanil

Pressing E in Kerbal Space Program rolls your aircraft. It does not do that in Planetside 2. I eventually broke that habit, but I died quite a few times when I was new...

More recently I had death where I shot a MAX twice with my AP cannon, leaving it with a tiny sliver of health. After missing a few more shots, I got frustrated and decided I'd just hop out and shotgun it to death. So I drove over to the side of the cliff where it was hiding. Alas, I'd left my W key pressed down when I bailed, so my Lightning cheerfully continued on without me over the edge. Further complicating things was that I also got ejection seated, and soon joined my Lightning down in the valley.
  16. omfgweeee

17. omfgweeee

Good one Kanil.

I am rly bad at flying so i usualy use ESF as taxi. Whilev lying to my target enemy ESF attack me so i started to do "evasuve manuvers" . For my surprice i did very well and a bit before i reach my destination i did some MLG 180 degree turn. I dont know how it just happend.

So i was so happy and my roomate was near me so i turn to him "did you saw that? crazy stuff MLG here i come" in next second when my eyes are back on the monitor i see how i just crashing into a tree...
  18. Flopperdonkey

First time i played on Amerish(when I started playing planetside) I thought you where able to swin/walk in the water... turns out that given the game setting in the year of 3000- something people can't swin... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  19. Flopperdonkey

Got another one too... Back when Hossin arrived in the game I was playing with my outfit. I was spawning on a beacon my squad leader had placed only to be dropped in the droppod, then when it reached the ground it somehow got turned into a rocket since it shot me back up in the air again (still in droppod) then it hit the max height and got boosted down even faster, and then when it reached the ground once again... it just started over again even faster... was in it for about 7-8 min. before it wasn't weird enough and i redeployed my way out, it kept on going. :confused:
  20. Hegeteus

In the NC you die in all kinds of stupid ways...