Patch is coming

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Grimtou

are the icarus jets silent for anyone else?
  2. moriarrr-ceres

nope scorpios is a regular magazine. In fact it's a reskinned eridani with extended mag/no silencer.
  3. _itg

It also has HVA instead of SPA (a bad change) and improved ADS accuracy (a good one).
  4. Iridar51

Yeah, that's what I thought.

0.3 CoF to 0.2 at the cost of +50% to vertical recoil =\ Wouldn't call that an improvement.
  5. quickbeam2

The eclipse was supposed to get the mag size buff and reload change but it didn't get in. I'm assuming that this is just a mess up at DBG
  6. AlterEgo

The Icarus is superb at towers and such; Level 1 is fanatically good, so I can't even imagine how great Level 5 will be! However, a little more horizontal movement would be nice. Not asking for too much forward movement, but just a teensy bit more couldn't hurt. Currently, it's the only thing that makes me play LA a bit more, so nice job from the devs:)
  7. repairtool6

Yeah not super-convinced about the Icarus just yet either, but kind of fun to play with just the same.

What i quickly found though - it mesh really well with maxed grenadebandolier for those times you want to peak just over a wall and rain down grenades on mofos on the other side :p
  8. Leivve

Mercy to thy space bar?
  9. Iridar51

What drifters don't have is climbing speed. The main point of drifters is maximum aerial time, but aerial time is not a desirable stat. Flying LA is a moving target and that's it. Jump Jets provide enough drifting capability to get by most of the time.

Drifters are better now, may even be actually usable, but they're far from being a dominating LA ability.
  10. ZakMC308

11. Liewec123

yeah they seem to have changed since i tried them on PTS,
    they made you fly up as fast as the normal jets on PTS lol, ridiculously good :)
  12. BurntDevil

Drifters are absolutely amazing. They've always been amazing. I dont get why people havent taken to them, since the moment they came out to now, I've never bothered to use any other jets.

I play solo, away, hunting people who stray too far from protection. Being able to get above, loiter, scout out a victim, and drop any amount of ordinance on them, or fall behind them for any number of dirty things is just too good to pass up. Now that I can actually go upwards, I can attack from bizarre angles, evade, dash alongside and do just about anything I can think of with more fuel than I know to do with.

Between stalker cloak and drifters, I can wage a psychological war with people that I just cant even come close to with anything else. If Im not running over infantry with my scoutvak, Im in the trees, waiting.

Watching.

Hunting.

I dont see the need in the basic jumpjets now, the only reason I even paused to consider them was to get on tower tops to clear beacons, something I no longer ever have to worry about. Ive been entirely too spoiled by the flight time that things like the Icarus jets just seem absurd to even think of using. Drifters are everything I could want in a jetpack and then some.
  13. Iridar51

Recorded some footage to demonstrate the Icarus Jets: