Huge Latency Since Maintenance

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by 1NieMamPomyslu1, Feb 24, 2015.

1. 1NieMamPomyslu1

Miller here, I've been playing fine just before maintenance (ping not exceeding 150ms) but know it randomly jumps from 300+ms to over 2000ms. People warping all over the place, bullets registering 2 or 3 times later than mine latency, so I think I'm not the only one.
    • Up x 1
  2. Thunde333

Same here on Cobalt. I got 1-30k ping :/, sometimes it show ping 100 but it feels like 100k. Didnt have this problem yesterday
  3. mem0815

i got the same problems. its fine for about 15 mins into the game, then i start getting serious connection problems and pings of up to 50000. bad connection quality and all that stuff, for me the game is not playable at this point.
  4. Htorne

Yep same issues here, guess the moved the servers to my grandmothers laptop that's using dial-up.
    • Up x 3
  5. day ofm one

Jup, the ping on Cobalt is pretty crap at the moment.

350-600 ms in averange with spikes higher up.
  6. 0ccultist

I would like to see official comments on this situation, actually. This is starting to be annoying.
  7. WarmasterRaptor

Ah, patch days... It never changes :)
  8. mem0815

so a reinstall didnt fix it either..
  9. ZenitHMaster

The solution for me was to:
    1. Install Razer Cortex
    2. Go to defrag and defrag the game but searching for its .exe file (located under C:\users\public\sony online entertainment\planetside 2 or c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\planetside 2)
    • Up x 1
  10. Relugar

I've been having this problem since January. Game is playable in 5-15 minute spurts, then the monster lag-desync hits.
  11. mem0815

thx a lot ZenitHMaster! that really seems to have fixed it :)
  12. OldMaster80

Lucky you. For me it jumped from 85 to 5000...
    Seriously, stable ping a basic condition to play decently. Right now it's just not fun...
  13. RainbowDash9

emeralds been a lot better for me since maintenance, so maybe theyre just going down the line to fix each server individually. give it time my angry bretheren
  14. Thef41_1_3N

I've been having spikes on cobalt as well usually my ping is around 100ms I've had spikes that goes from 2000ms to 155978ms ping. Everything is flying around and the player markers on the map are jumping around as if they teleported.
  15. Krokozor

DGC fix your game. i cant play it due prime-time.
    it just getting worse.
  16. Thef41_1_3N

17. Magma52

Completely ******. Cannot play.
  18. day ofm one

500-650 now...

Nope.
  19. Kaffeesatz

I logged out after playing 5min on Miller, it's just unplayable. It seems the 2/25 maintenance not only brought back the the ping issue for many European players, but somehow even worsened it. I thought they managed to install a workaround regarding the bottleneck situation at the AMS-IX by using free capacities of their second ISP (which worked fine for 2 weeks or so), but now I'm starting to wonder whether they still have a second ISP at all.
  20. Waterfreak

To be honest, i never had any laggy experience and i also play on Miller.

Two things:

First, joined Miller for a little test not on prime time, for example like in the early morning, connection quality was good and i had a ping of 55ms. I have VDSL50 (50 down, 10 up). Then i joined in the evening, ping stays good and after i spawn at a hotspot with a lot of players it drops down to poor or even bad connection quality and a ping around 350. So maybe there is somekind of a "server load issue" i dunno.

Second thing, i really don't know why, but a ping of 350ms in every other game is really impossible to play. In this game and also for me, i don't see other players lagging around or myself and the hit detection is fine. I can frag people without any problems. The only thing which appears laggy for me is when i resupply myself, it takes a little moment till the menu to show up.

It's kinda weird since everyone has problems with that. Or it's weird that i have no problems with that, i dunno.
    I play Planetside 2 since 3 weeks and since i play it, this behavior never changed.

If you're interested my specs are:
    i5 4570
    8GB RAM
    R9 270X
    Intel I217V LAN controller