Should the magrider get a buff?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Feb 24, 2015.

1. sustainedfire

Its hard to argue against that suggestion. But outside that, the Magrider is as competitive as the other tanks.

Each has their strengths, and can perform just as well as the others.

The tanks are part of the limited faction diversity in the game. Start making them all vanilla, and you may as well go play BF4.
  2. Divinorium

So again you don't have idea of you are talking about.

The game changed alot since 1 year and 1/2 ago. Your information is dated.

And no the prowler is not overpowered in everyway. It only has this problem of having 4x the infantry killing potential while having the same AV power of the others tanks.

All they need to do is make the change i said. So ppl with flak should survive a AP shell of all tanks to the chest. And tanks would have a reason to use Heat/HE, while at the same time bring the prowler inline with the others tanks.

The AP Prowler would not kill Infantry with one shoot. the Heat and HE would kill with one shoot. And take 2 shoots to kill flak users.
  3. Shadowofsteel

The TR Prowler also has the least in terms of natural defense compared to the other two tanks. And killing infantry with AP rounds requires a direct hit, which can be quite difficult to do at times.

That said, the DPS for the prowler is only higher if we land both shots before reloading. And while the lockdown ability increases shell velocity and reload rate, when we use it, we can't move, making us an extremely easy target against other tanks, lightnings included, during that time.

I think it would be nice if all the MBTs were given access to a canister shell primary, rather than HE, for use against infantry, but that would make anti-infantry tanks less able to fight other tanks. So I don't see us getting Canister shells for primary weapons on tanks anytime in the near future.

I think things are ballanced pretty well when it comes to the MBTs overall as they are, so I'm gonna say we collect more data before we mess with the tanks and their primary weapons. Secondaries on the MBTs should be tested and addressed seperately from the tanks and the tank primary guns.
  4. Divinorium

The problem here is that ALL AP rounds requires a direct hit. And are quite difficult to do at times.

The DPS of the others 2 tanks is also good if we land the shots. See how this doesn't work? If you consider that you hit half of your shots you need to consider that the other tank is lading half of their shots. You still having better dps.

And the lockdown isn't necessary to the prowler have 2x the amount of AI potential or have higher DPS. It only increases said advantage even further.

And i'm not even going to say how "finding" the distance of the shell to compesate is WAY easier in the prowler, since you have 2 times the amount of sample to find how much you need to compesate to hit the target.
  5. Shadowofsteel

I'm not going to argue this, because you have a fair point. However, as you will notice, I said I believe things are balanced as they are, and we should focus on collecting more hard data before messing with the tanks and tank primaries. I did not say they should not be changed if there is data that indicates a change is needed.

Accuracy with tank primary weapons relies primarily on the player, who can utilize their own experience with previous "testing" (for lack of a better term here) to determine how to aim the gun to hit their targets. Each tank has it's own intricacies.
  6. Divinorium

The stats shows the need of said change is:

AP Magrider
    Average Accuracy: 48.9%
    Average KPH: 7.8998
    Average KPU: 1402.1
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/3460

AP Titan:
    Average Accuracy: 44.2%
    Average KPH: 7.2888
    Average KPU: 1026.7
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/3730

AP prowler:
    Average Accuracy: 39.5%
    Average KPH: 10.6251
    Average KPU: 1140.2
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/4008

The relation of Magrider > Vanguard makes senses since better accuracy = hitting more = killing more.

But the prowler allows the user to have a ****** accuracy and outperform the Vanguard in everything, while outperforming the Magrider in pretty much everything.

This 2 shots advantage allow a ****** player to have a average score. Nerf the damage of the AP prowler and it will bring it's score in line with the others tank. Since the user will need to actually make their shoot count.
  7. Mxiter

Primaries:

http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/

Very good AV plateform (best aV.KPU, seond best aV.KPH).
    Very good AI plateform(best aKPU, second best aKPH).

secondaries:

http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/

Best plateform for AV secondaries (halberd and saron top of the list) (best aV.KPU, best aV.KPH)
    Strong platform for AI secondaries (margrider kobalt beat any AI secondary aKPH)

Overall: the magrider isn't made for kill fast but last longer and kill more stuffs every time you spawn one.

PS: don't tell us "VS more skilled players" argument: NS Harrasser weapons are much closer for any factions.
  8. Ballto21

VS Just has more proficient players?

That was a joke, see.

Thank you for providing more stats for this debate.
  9. Ronin Oni

VPC is a bit redonk though.

Funniest bit is the round looks like a ball of sparklies...

the densest, heaviest sparklers known to man!

And about as lethal :p

Thing is seriously like a mortar though... that's not necessarrily a BAD thing when it comes to AoE AI munitions though
  10. LodeTria

11. 0ccultist

Here's my story. After completing auraxium medal on standart supernova I decided to make my Mag AV. So, I bought supernova FPS (AP). But after purchase and trying it out I realised that I'm missing either infantry or even tank in literally 60% times.

Mb it is because of projectile speed, mb terrible projectile drop is the reason, mb Mag turn rate, so I couldnt adjust my aim, or mb I'm just too bad.

So I complained about it to my friend and he recommended me to try out AP lightning (almost never used this tank). And I was surprised how comfortably to take aim with it even at infantry. Since then, I drive AP lightning instead of Mag. So if you ask me, Mag main gun could use some love, not dps buff, but alteast some tweaks to Supernova FPS (AP variant).
  12. Ballto21

Ive been informed theyre upping its velocity, which i think ill indirectly lower its drop.
  13. Pfundi

Buff that thing so hard you want and give it the ability to hover to the moon if thats what you want.
    But in exchange I want all my rockets and C4 bricks being guided to it automatically. That f*cking thing dodges every damn rocket. And C4? Nope it just drives to the left side backwards. The other tanks can be hit till they reach the ground, the rocket does hit when you shoot it 5inches under that magic thing on every other tank. Its just annoying for infantry... And you can somehow tell where other tanks could be moving next...
  14. maxkeiser

Magrider is absolutely fine as it is. No need for any changes.
  15. QuakerOatsMan

He's probably referring to the MBT ES abilities. Anchor mode is obviously an ability that increases the prowler's offense while leaving it an immobile (vulnerable) target, while the magburner and vanguard shield are primarily defensive in nature.
    • Up x 1
  16. Divinorium

Also don't forget: Even if most of the vanus don't notice, the Strafing ability and agility of the Mag make it pretty much immune to C4 and medium/long range non lock on rockets.

To be able to dodge incoming shells/rockets both the prowler and the vanguard need to give it's side. So if it hits it hits harder.
  17. Bindlestiff

Rubbish. Air is a massive threat, as is anything that is pointing at the Magrider should it need to retreat in a hurry using its oh so fabulous empire specific ability.
  18. Divinorium

Sorry, i did forget about air. But air is the same, if not more threat to the other 2, again the ability to escape.

And if you are getting killed by rockets and C4 often in a Magrider you are failing at it. The same can't be said to others tanks.
  19. FocusLight

Direct buffs are supposedly down the pipe and you request more for the single most agile and user-friendly tank?

Sure why not. Maybe the VS tankers will pipe down at some point then.

Also, you ask for there to be ground-rules and no complaints about this topic.

On the PS2 forums.

In a tread where you ask if the Magrider should get a buff.

Top Kek man.
    • Up x 1
  20. Viztorgath

Not really sure if people are factoring in conditions or just using raw statistics ...

The fact is a magrider is far more likely to be able to get into an amazing farming spot than a prowler or vanguard for obvious reasons. Due to this fact you can go on pretty insane kill sprees by raining death from above while being relatively safe. That being said when terrain does not give you an advantage you will lose hands down to equally skilled vanguard/prowlers.

Its basically trade-offs. If your experience is based on views of a Magrider in a non-farming spot you will feel vastly underpowered in comparison to vanguards or prowlers. You just have to accept you are the weird kid of the trio who is supposed to jump into trees and fling feces while screaming incoherently. You will succeed.