-- Solution for the black launcher! --

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DutchCraft, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Stromberg

last time this happned SOE simply forgot to pay their DNS host. lemme guess, they forgot again? lol, you really can't make that stuff up.
  2. Undecided

I wish I had taken the time to properly look up any inconveniences with steam, and here they are. Unfortunately, I fell into this trap, though that was my bad. When the launcher started re-downloading, I almost gave up on the spot. In the end, I stopped the downloading process early, to resume it later, since it was already 2 am. And such, I thought my doing this had led to the black screen error which (I know now) is happening to pretty much a boat load of others.
  3. Chesure

I was in this morning and the got the black screen when I tried to log in a few hours later. What finally seemed to fix it for me was to rename the current Launchpad.exe file to something else and then rename the Launchpad.exe.bak file whic was a few months older back to Launchpad.exe. Came right up after that and after accepting the agreement I was right back in game. I should mention I also had previously deleted the launchpad cache prior to doing any of this.