[Suggestion] Station Cash Under Powered. Buff Please.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadownium, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Jalek

This studio has always seemed to use a common pool for development. Subscriptions to EQ and SWG funded EQ2, EQ2 funded Free Realms development, etc. The teams get poached for new projects and the existing ones languish. There was always speculation that one game or another was "dying" because patches stopped for months at a time with no communication and known team members were on other things.

Lack of investment in PS2 isn't a useful measure of profitability, didn't they say it was profitable before the layoffs? Giving people less options isn't likely to make the game any more successful.
  2. JustBoo

Citation please. The very basis of your suggestion is deeply flawed.

As the government run American education system has proven, giving Idiots more and more money does not improve a 'product' or improve behavior. Careless not-so-bright people will just waste the resources given to them rather than do the right things to actually improve it. It takes courage and leadership, something sorely lacking.

In other words, simply throwing money at DBG / SOE won't solve a damn thing. They'll just waste it on clown hats and fluorescent party guns instead of fixing what is important. You can't fix stupid and / or incompetence with money. The US has tried and look how that has turned out. And so far, given there has been zero change in... anything, that still stands. Scarry.
  3. Raap

In my opinion this game would benefit from switching to a P2P format at around $8 per month (competitors charge $13 per month), remove the 'membership tiers' and make the benefits baseline (because every player would be a subscriber), keep the monthly 500 SC bonus, and reduce store prices by about 50% across the board to make them actual micro transactions and not holy-****-did-I-just-pay-10-dollars-for-a-texture.

The result will be less players, true. But the remaining players will actually generate revenue, and with that revenue we can see more game content development happening.

Free players are leeches that get you nowhere.

Disclaimer: Currently posting as a F2P leech, because the game isn't developing fast enough for me to care paying for it.
  4. Auzor

Then why does it say "all access" underneath your name?

As I've posted a few times now, giving a subscriber light option (5$/month) might generate some revenue, yes.
    500SC/month,
    10% XP boost,
    6 daily certs,
    +10% nanites,
    access to member sale, but no 10% discount.

However: I'm not inserting more money until they add mouseyaw option,
    and nerf air/buff G2A. Especially lib & galaxy toughness.

Sundy durability is another thorn in my side,
    and then there is the lag, bugs,..

That said: I have inserted quite a bit of money into the game.. I don't really see what I would spend more on.
    5 different shotguns? No thank you.
    4 different max Ai weapons? No thank you.. atm they are all too similar.
    Any such stuff, I'll unlock with certs now.

That leaves vehicle cosmetics mostly.
    A lot of em are ugly to me.

-> Make me pay to unlock new continents, with unshellable spawnrooms;
    make me pay to unlock "space station" missions,
    Because I want such things, and they are not P2W.
  5. CaiBai

maybe lets add Payed auto-aim buffs ? or paid bomb drones that cannot be destroyed ? SC only guns with better stats than everything else ? Yes lets make the game like all other ****** shooters battle**** or call of crap or warvomit :D lets decrease player base, how dare they kill ME IF I PAID FOR IT ! Maybe lets add weapon lock that only can be removed with SC and every new toon will start with it ? So those leeches wont be able to spoil the game for the Master race... Wait maybe... lets add PAID buff to auto kill everyone in 10m radius !! and the more You pay the bigger the radius...

Or maybe, fix some bugs stomp out hacks and give a lot of non-gamebreaking options to customise you can pay for ?
  6. Shadownium

To those of you who ask why I'm not member, I'd be ******** to become member and I wonder why people become member. First of all, what do I get for becoming member? 500 SC every month? Why don't I just buy SC instead if I need it? Resource gain and xp gain buff? Why don't I just buy boosts? Early access to camos? First of all what f**k do I give on what camo that guy over there is wearing when there are 50+ people charging towards a facility? And I will just get that camo later on anyway. In short, this game is too play to win, and SOE is not giving the people who actually paid enough advantages. If let's say that there is a vehicle that is member only, then people will think about becoming members and SOE can get money, and using that money SOE can make servers better so more free to plays will join and they will realize how fun this game is and spend money. The cycle goes on and on and in no time the people who play CoD will be like "damn m8 did u hear there is a game called Planetside 2 well let's play that instead of CoD"
  7. Shadownium

I agree with you. I am not asking this game to be pay to win, but currently this game is too play to win. They need to give those who paid more advantages, (but not completely pay to win), so that they can get money to upgrade stuff so there'd be less lag and less bugs.
  8. JustBoo

You "sir" now have ZERO credibility. Less than zero. You must be a 'result' of the idiotic education system. Telling people they need to pay more, but of course, not someone as esteemed as yourself.

You are Leon Trotsky. Note how he literally screwed the wife of the last person on earth that tried to help him. Because he was special.

Done.
  9. CaiBai

What advantages ? If u can PAY and get more power/survibality for it the game is unfair and thats ****. I played for a long time, and it was fair (tho Vanu scrubs are so OP :p ) and so i started to buy SC to **** my ride :3 And when i get some more cash im gonna buy more fancy stuff coz its cool. PS2 is the only game i play and im a Diehard fan of it. Its Play to Win and Its Good ! thats the reason why its good, dont fuq it up -_-
  10. Raap

I got the tag because I am a former AA subscriber, and the forum doesn't remove it when you're no longer subscribed.

And my suggestion was essentially what you suggest with a 'light option', the difference being that in my version you need to pay it in order to access PS2, but it would not come with All Access, and the membership bonuses are equal for everyone.

Frankly I think All Access is a gimmick to begin with, are there even that many people that play more than one SOE game? I bet that PS2 (and PS2 specifically) could earn more revenue with a PS2-only subscription at around $8.

I just don't have faith in the F2P concept, as the type of people it usually attracts are non-spenders that are not supporting the development of the game.

Edit: And I'm going to be that guy to say it: If you can't afford $8-15 a month to support your hobby, then you got bigger issues to prioritize.
  11. Auzor

Oh, I can afford quite a bit,
    I estimate I have spent north of 150$ on PS2.
    I'm somewhat allergic to subscriptions, and at the current state of the game, to me, it isn't worth 15$ or 8$ a month.

In the magic fairy land where the "8$ subscription" PS2 does away with all the issues (lag, bugs, redeployside, spawnroom camping, bases designed in favor of attackers and as a shell-area, .. sundy OP relative to mbt (especially for cost), still no mouseyaw,... )
    then for sure the game becomes worth "8$, pay-to-play".
  12. Raap

Obviously SOE... I mean Gamebreak... Ah whatever they are called, would need to show some good progress on development at the same time such a transition from F2P to P2P occurs. I would also not pay them a penny if they transitioned today with no improvements and content additions made to the game, this is something the developers have to initiate by showing promise.
  13. Endlave

Wow...I have never actually seen someone ask for pay to win so much. You know, what actually would help would be a better economy. Even something basic like camo costs 5 euro, let alone the cool new voice packs which are 12,50 each. I charged 500 SC once, thinking I might get something cool out of it, only to realize I can only barely afford some camo. Wow. I have played pay to win games in which 5 euros could actually make you imba already and then I see this game and I can't even afford a voice pack.

Maybe I am just too stingy but I am sure I can't be the only one who doesn't want to pay 12+ Euro for a bunch of audio files you will hear every now and then. It was actually the same thing with the anniversary bundle they released a while back. I really considered buying it to show my support for the game, but then I saw the price and was like "Aw hell no."

Yeah, I know, devs need to live off something but I still believe that if the prices were a tad bit more reasonable, they would actually make more money. You know. Demand and supply and ****. I would buy, I really want to. Which means there is demand. But not for that price, man.
  14. AirSuicide

Swtor and Perfect world games for the most part are a Joke. Most of them are Pay to Win, Not F2P. And everyone knows that Swtor's F2P system is a joke. So that's the last game I would use an an example. It's also the exception, not the common practice for an F2P system.

If you want to see how an F2P system is Done, Look at Tera Online, Firefall, Perpetuum, Robocraft, etc. (Tera Online Specifically).
  15. Selenadread

Could we just open up the Player studio to be something in the line with TF2? The amount of hats and weapon skins are insane in that game and was created by gamers. If we had more choice of skins for my vehicles, weapons, helments, and armour that is purely cosmetic. I am certain this would encourage the majority of PS2 players spending money, along with only having 1 paid employee checking if the skin is either broken or not.