I had hopes for the Development Team But then I find this Gem on Reddit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DxAdder, Feb 19, 2015.

1. FateJH

In Planetside Classic there were only five pistols: the common pool AMP, the Standard Assault pistols (Repeater, Mag-Scatter, Beamer), and a Medium Assault pistol.

I say a Medium Assault pistol and count the three of them as one because, even though they all had nice faction-specific colors, they operated exactly the same way and didn't look much too different either.

Planetside 2 is still far ahead of its predecessor in terms of faction-specific content, even before its saturation of firearms is considered.
  2. Haquim

Hmmm.. yeah, it's a shame I can't use half a dozen guns at once to aurauxium them faster and move on to the next one.
    Which is why im not using most of my stuff...
  3. RykerStruvian

I think it's sad how people consider a new gun to be content. In just about every other game, content usually means...well, content. New game modes, maps, items, etc. Not just -an- item. And why release a gun when the rest of the game doesn't even have any substance?

This PS2 'content' is pretty sad just like everything else which has come out for PS2 aside from Hossin and the base revamps. Instead of spitting out more gun$ for us to spend money on, release something that actually makes the game worth playing to spend money on. And before anyone even tries to defend $OE or Daybreak/we it is, they've been doing this 'new content' thing for about two years. And each time something came out, all it did was piss off a lot of people and make the game worse.

Everything I'm saying has been said by other people. Whatever.
  4. sustainedfire

A new gun is content.

A slightly modified version of what's in game already is questionable content, but still content.

At least this gun has a slightly different looking barrel, and is not a "new" weapon like the mkv suppressed, where it is a black skin called a new weapon.
  5. MarkAntony

Yeah, well... I'm glad you're not on the balancing team. Balancing after your feelings wouldn't be a good idea. (Again: Damage per bullet is not the only important stat despite your very strong feelings.)

And sidearms would definitely be carried by soldiers who expect to engage in urban (close quarters) warfare with the same regularity as we do in game.
  6. JustBoo

The PlanetSide2 player base is nothing if not totally predictable, as are the so-called management of DBG. Four pages of incredible minutia about a gun announced on reddit. DBG / SOE count on that predictability.

How has anything, anything at all changed? To paraphrase Niccolo Machiavelli: Starting a fire in a town's church as a distraction so everyone runs there, makes it quite easy to steal the entire town's treasury in the Town Hall from the idiots running the town.

People are systematically fed crap to endlessly argue and "debate about" while absolutely nothing changes. Distract the rats and they will come. Rats in a Skinner Box pushing levers they have been conditioned to push. Argue and flame everyone and everything, including all of the SOE / DBG employees.

Better that than actually take notice. Since they never read a word of it, that is just how they like it.

And you know, the page I login into still says SOE. No change. Anyone who can even spell HTML knows how easy it is to change an image on a webpage. And so it goes... apparently until the last day. Enjoy.
  7. FieldMarshall

Why?
  8. FocusLight

Indeed.

And in Planetside 2, all factions have one unique Tank and one unique Air Superiority Fighter to their name.

The Light Tank, APC/Mobile base, Gunship, Dropship, Rapid Deployment Vehicle, ATV and Dune Buggy are all common-pool, with the sole exception of the Buggy they all have the same armaments as well.

In other words, 7 out of 9 vehicles are identical between factions and 6 out of 9 have identical weaponry.

Infantry weaponry fares a lot better with a much higher ES to NS ratio between them, but the more NS weapons you add, the smaller that gap becomes.

I am always going to be in favor of more ES everything and less NS anything. And with this, pretty much anything I can say on the topic is stated.

Have fun waiting for your new gun. I am not personally very eager for it.
  9. KnightCole

Why wont this new dev team get to making new gun models for already existing weapons to give this game a bit more flavor between the guns...

CARV: PKM-ish model
    MSWR: RPK-74-ish model

EM6: M60E4-ish model

rather then everything looking the same on each faction...

this game needs more super pistols I gues...
  10. CWorth

Problem here is this game does NOT need any more new weapons.

The devs need to stop wasting time and resources making these and start putting that effort into fixing long standing bugs and game problems, lag, poor performance, balance issues etc etc BEFORE they start adding more weapons.

Also FINISH what you already started, Resource revamp etc before adding new weapons.

Sure you get a quick cash grab with the new weapon but that won't mean jack squat if the players don't keep playing and you continue to lose customers and players due to all the problems this game still has.
    • Up x 1