Some VS Weapons have infinite ammo?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonold103, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Pat22

You do realize the ACX is a 200 damage weapon while the Eclipse and Darkstar are both 143 damge weapons?

That gives it's 24-round magazine a total damage-per-mag of 4800, 510 damage more than almost every VS 30-round weapons, let alone the 25-round heat mechanic ones which lag behind almost 1300 damage.
  2. Ballto21

Actually, whenever i see someone using the beeflettuce i ask why they use it over the orion. Here are some of the more common answers

"I just want to auraxium it"
    "The tears of infinite ammo are salty and delicious" (i usually put these guys on ignore)
    "Dick sizing with the shiny"
    "I actually find it pretty bad and not worth the heat mechanic, i just use it because i want to show off"
    "Its pretty good if you can get used to no attachments, although i never really make full use of the infinite ammo"

These answers of course vary, but generally its something along these lines. I can recall a total of five people saying that it is significantly better than the orion or SVA-88
  3. Xind

He suggested that people rarely run out of ammo. My retort was some weapons are far more prone to extinguishing their magazines.
    But on top of that, I do not believe any weapon should have infinite ammo, regardless of whether it has a unique reloading system or not.
  4. Pat22

Apologies. I thought you were comparing the small magazine sizes of the two weapons. However, I must bring up that the infinite ammo is the only reason I ever use my Eclipse at all, and even then it is in very limited situations where I know beforehand that I can actually make of it. If the weapon were to lose that trait, I would never use it at all.

Then again I suppose the same can be said for the other two factions' Auraxium carbines. I barely ever see one being used.
  5. Xind

Understandable. Having unlocked the butcher and found it lackluster, I don't think it amassed 100 kills. The only well used Directive weapon is the BeetleJuice. Directive weapons need an overhaul as a whole. Are they supposed to be upgrades? Sidegrades? Should they all offer a goofy gimmick? And directly to your point, I'd never use the NC directive carbine because the ACX11 is by far my favorite weapon, and the directive is not even in the same ballpark.
  6. Pat22

Personally I believe they should all be sidegrades with a gimmick to them. Direct upgrades was never an option. The problem would be finding a gimmick for the TR and NC ones. Vanu has always had the gimmicky stuff so it wasn't hard to find one but TR and NC have always had very simple straight up combat advantages such as higher fire rate or harder hitting bullets. By default those traits are built into the default guns and therefor are also built into the directive guns. It doesn't make for very interesting directive weapons though.
    • Up x 2
  7. JediNinja

Think about those poor VS engineers.

"need some ammo friend?"

"sorry bud, I'm good."

"oh... ok then"
  8. CorporationUSA

The funny thing is that people actually complained about the Phaseshift because it wasn't a super awesome sniper. But it's a freaking sniper with infinite ammo. The INF and LA are probably the only classes that can seriously benefit from infinite ammo.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kulso

How the hell did you Auraxium the Phaseshift? :eek:
  10. Ballto21

Its a great weapon, not sure why people hate it

It took me 1d 13 hr and 17 minutes of using it to auraxiuming it, a week of playing since i havnt been on much and sniping is kind of **** for non weekend days
  11. Mythologicus

This doesn't answer my question. How does this give them an unfair advantage? Exactly? When has this ever been a major, astonishingly overwhelming problem for you? And lastly and perhaps most importantly, how many times have you lost a fight specifically because the enemy has had unlimited total ammunition?
  12. Leftconsin

That is the polar opposite of what I've been hearing.

I mean, officially on the forums you never want to ever admit your faction has something good.
  13. Ballto21

im not denying that its a good weapon, im denying that its overpowered because of infinite ammo

I guess were just talking to different people, or it might have something to do with what server were on and the differences in weapon opinions.

And the VS have plenty of good things, like the LPPA, the phaseshift, the lancer if you use it in numbers, the sirius and eridani, depending on who you talk to out a2g pods, and many more weapons i probably dont use since i mainly play infiltrator medic or engy on my VS toon

I deny that we have anything thats gamebreakingly overpowered, excluding the LPPA of course as even i think the render range spam is ridiculous, and i fly a2g more than any other vehicle, and maybe a few other things are overpowered in a less serious manner.

I didnt include the orion because honestly the NS-1FM is better in every way except ROF, and it also has the 0.75 ADS people seem to love to complain about.
  14. zombielores

It's all about that situation where it's super good to have that infinite ammo or heat mechanic, need to pop a med kit? guns ''reloading'' in the background. Need to swap to your rocket launcher? weapons reloading for you. Jump into a vehicle? weapon reloads for you. A good player will always never be caught with his pants down reloading.

Infinite ammo also means that you have Ammo Belt by default, thus allowing you to wear other suit options like NW or ASC thus increasing your survivability making it more likely that you'll use that infinite ammo perk.

Also how it synergies with the classes that you can equip it on, Medics and HA often can utilize the infinite ammo more then other classes because of their increased health pool and the ability to regen/replace lost health making long killstreaks more plausible and thus a higher chance of using infinite ammo.
    LAs are LAs, so resupplying is a real big inconvenience that it limits the class to short sustainability, and if you played LA any decent amount of time you'll realize that you resupplying means giving up roof/vertical dominance which is a pain to take back against any decent player.

It's not about the 1v1 fight that you lose, it's the fact that 1 empire can become completely self sustainable in any fight that they choose.

Do I think it's game breaking OP? No.
    Is this a really good situational advantage? Yes because it is a situational weapon just like shotguns where it'll do good in 1 specific niche that other weapons don't cover very well.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ballto21

you still need to reload if it overheats even if you hop into a vehicle or swap weapons

as for the rest, engineer is overpowered then

Just drop an ammopack and reload after every kill.

infinite ammo unless you completely empty on an enemy, then you have to reload anyway

Time to swap infinite ammo battery<waiting on recharge, for the phaseshift at least on short reload.
  16. Nepau

So my question is why is it that everyone I have ever seen that says the Phaseshift is good is on Emerald Only. I've yet to see someone on Connery or the other server say the same thing, so it makes me think that perhaps Emerald just has a lot more Sniper bait players then the other servers.
    • Up x 1
  17. zombielores

Only if you overheat it, even if you have 1 ''round'' left and you jump into a vehicle or switch weapons it'll reload for you.

The problem is you can't be a Engineer and a HA without some sort of exploit, you can't be a Medic and a Engineer, you can't be a LA and a Engineer, if you read the rest of my post, you'll see I talk specifically about LA, Medics, and HA with no mention about the engineer because Engineer is the weakest in direct class to class combat.
    Also zero mentions of Infils or Phaseshift.

Like I said in my post, it's a situational advantage, whether you find yourself in that situation is completely dependent on your play style and how good you are.
  18. Ballto21

Ok i look at it now and understand what you meant better and i apologize, english is not my first language and i missed some parts of text.

Yes, medics heavies and light assault benefit from infinite ammo more, but unless you only fire off less than 25+ rounds, uncommon in circle strafing direct cqc combat where you and the target are aware of eachother, its faster to reload as normal than wait on recharge. Also safer, because in that time of waiting on charge you could get jumped and have half a magazine to defend with.

Take this with a grain of salt as i am using phaseshift numbers edited with second hand viewing of baconlettucetomatos cooling down as i do not own it myself currently.
  19. Ballto21

ive seen a few connery players who like it, and i used to play on woodman pre merge and knew many people who loved it
  20. Xasapis

Unlimited ammo is useless. They can remove it and nobody will bat an eyelash.

Scorpios does not have the heat mechanism.

There are 150 people with over a thousand kills with Phaseshift. There are over 6.000 with the Parallax. Infinite ammo is useless, when the majority won't live to spend the 58 bullets they can carry and using Phaseshift carries a much higher damage of getting counter-sniped, than any other sniper rifle in the game.
    Betelgeuse is great. It's actually the only weapon with a heat mechanism that is actually working. That will not change, at all, if they remove the infinite ammo and just leave the heat mechanism. Something that the OP and a lot of people on this thread do not realise.