Ghost - Why it's the best bolt action

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Wroth, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Wroth

So, I am a pretty keen sniper.I have been playing the game for a while and I'm BF39, so I'd thought this would be prime time to share my opinions and (hopefully) create a nice debate.

I'm not a normal sniper.

By this, I mean that I want to drive a wraith cloak flash to the enemy's sunderer, then quickscope/melee/no scope/commisioner everybody that I see.

For most people, this is the role of an SMG user, a close quarters carbine user, or even a MAX.

I USE THE GHOST!
    Don't ask me why, just accept it:

4X OGX Scope is amazing for the ghost, and it feels brilliant to pop domes everywhere and raise hell.

2. Cz4rMike

Yeah Ghost is great. At its role. Saying it's the best is wrong :). Rams is the best for longer ranges... Different classes.

Try 1x sights (red dot is the best imho) for a bigger challenge ;)... Also if you want inspiration - watch Elusive videos.
  3. Jawarisin

The font is a bit too much. I've personally used that weapon a lot, mostly the NC equivalent though. Elusive's a good one to watch, his videos are entertaining and can be instructive too if you look carefully.
  4. ezaroo

Yep the ghost is great but tbh if you are in knife range all the bolt actions work as a makeshift shotgun anyway ^^

I've also found the vandal with laser sight and 2x scope is also lovely for that!
  5. Wroth

I apologize for not making it clear that the Ghost is the best for me, and it's intended role.I just think that the Artemis VX26 is useless because at mid range the Ghost will serve you better and at extreme close range you will be murdered by SMG's and Shotguns.

Why does the Artemis even exist anymore?We all know it sucks.
  6. Jawarisin

Artemis specifically is the quietest weapon, you can shoot that and nobody will ever hear it (silencer provided). It's got a good niche at mid range, for instance - yesterday - I had a good mid-range spot on top of a ledge looking over a sundy. I shot an EMP and emptied (stalker, NC artemis equivalant) clips in there. I got kills faster than if I had my BASR because I didn't need to aim much, just shoot at all the shield-less targets. Since they were weakened, they died fast.

Though I don't know why you're trying to start debates so hard.
  7. Mahaut

Got auraxium on both of these guns (ghost and artemis). It's a bit strange to be comparing them I think (not the same fire mode, not the same effective range as ghost can reach out to way farther). And while it is true that a good shot will do better with the CQC sniper thanks to the OHK headshot, and that the auto scouts are plain lacking in firepower, there is still one little thing going for them: they are slightly more forgiving. With the ghost, if you miss that opening shot, you are in for one hell of a downhill battle. With the artemis, you have a slightly bigger margin for error.

Don't get me wrong: I'd still bring the ghost over the artemis without a second thought (well, actually I wouldn't because I'm working on that semi-auto scout auraxium, but you get what I mean), but I still think the auto-scout are easier to use effectively thanks to their fire mode and very manageable recoil.

Edit: Also, ghost is not the "best" bolt action. It's the most effective at close and medium range. If you are too far out, it loses its ability to OHK on headshot and even the 4x scope becomes impractical.
  8. Extremite

The Ghost and Nyx are both pretty amazing at their respective roles. The Nyx, especially, is a good friend of mine.
  9. Jawarisin

yuck
  10. Nikushimi

Ghost sure, it excels at close quarters. Nyx not so much, the vandal is a better option as far as scouts are concerned. The default VS sniper can perform the same role as the Nyx with slightly better output and far more versatility, though it does lack optics below x6 (default).
  11. MisterSlim

I adore the Ghost, and never go into a tech plant or amp station without it. It simply wrecks close-up, as well as at mid-long range. If I'm grabbing a scout, the Vandal is nice in terms of damage output and efficiency. However, if you're being stealthy, the suppressed Nyx has the advantage of being the quietest rifle in the game, and a suppressed Artemis is pretty quiet as well (although if I'm really wanting to be stealthy, I'll grab the QCX any day of the week). Everything has its place, and each one of those places can be approached using tons of different methods. Use what you feel the most comfortable with, and what you have the most fun using!