Adrenalin Pump

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by RTBM, Feb 19, 2015.

1. RTBM

Hi DBC, well i wanted to share my opinion on the Adrenalin Pump for the light assaul wich i think is a bit too
    slow at this moment, All classes can use the c4 and adrenalin pump etc.. so i think the light assault is a bit of a underdog when it comes to weapons and stuff. i hope you see what i mean, it would make this class so much more fun to play.
  2. Iridar51

Devs don't visit the LA subforum, if you wanna provide feedback, it's better to do via twitter or reddit.
  3. JonboyX

Or, you know, give all LA's a 20% footspeed advantage by default and bin off the suit type. They are light, after all?
  4. Extremite

So, by that logic, does it mean that infiltrators should passively be the quickest runners? If so then I hope this change goes in to play.
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

I'd be 100% fine if LA's and Infiltrators got adrenaline pump for free, but there was no option to cert into an additional speed boost.
  6. RTBM

to be honest, infiltrators can be permanent cloaked when using stalker cloak, and the also have the hunter cloak , when looking at heavy he has also choices in shields ,BUT what has the LA differ from that he can fly or glide?? i feel the class is really underdog when it coms to making loadouts and variety...i play this class alot and reason being is that i like to fly and surprise. But this class should have a boost when it comes to adreline pump. This should/could make this class standout a from where it is now. i often have Adrelin pump and shotgun and i basically feel it is holding down to my frustratrion...thinking MOVE ***** come on!!!!
  7. Iridar51

Updated Drifter Jets and Icarus Jets are on PTS right now, hopefully they will make it to live soon and will introduce some freshness to the class.
  8. Liewec123

while i agree LA could do with their own adrenaline pump, i revisited AP afew nights ago and saw a major increase in kills,

i'm a shotgunner so i need to close the distance and AP lets you zigzag between cover pretty darn well!

i would really like to see a second tier Adrenaline pup though, maybe 20% increase and only for LAs (and maybe infils)
  9. DekkerDave

Or make it this way:

Adrenaline pump now uses it's own energy. When you have the energy, they boost your sprint speed for 30%. Depleted they boost only for stock 10%. The energy should be sufficient only for five seconds only, just enough for short but quick run. The energy also recharges itself over the time with some delay right after the sprint. The recharge rate should be a bit more faster than fully certed jumpjets.

Opinions?
  10. Dissembrae

OR, and a lot of people have said this, you could make adrenaline pump a passive cert upgrade, kinda like triage for medics, and it gives you a 20% bonus sprint speed at max rank
  11. RTBM

25% is fair for LA, i have used the icarus jets and they basically suck...not big time but they are uncontrollable it does not feel intiuive..not the upgrade i was expecting for my favforite class i only have maxed this one out because i want to have all maxed out for my LA
  12. Skiptrace

Really, what Light Assaults could use is a Dash Jet. Think of it like the Dash from Megaman X, you can dash on the ground in any direction, but you can't Dash Up, or Jump and Dash until you have max rank. You can dash up to say 10 times in a row on the ground at max rank before running out of fuel and can double jump at max rank, along with 5 Air dashes (so, you can Double Jump into a max of 5 Air Dashes) You can shoot while dashing, but you have the COF of Sprinting (to make it actually useful to have sprinting COF data values!)

This would be more useful for closing gaps than the Adrenaline Pump or Drifter Jets, but would have the downside of not being able to scale large buildings, instead you get a double jump and the ability to have pseudo-drifters.

I've never used or Certed into the Adrenaline Pump because I feel that ASC or G-Bandolier is a much better option in general.