Things that need buffed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by qquqq, Feb 15, 2015.

1. qquqq

With all the talk about what is too strong and needs nerfed I thought I would open a thread where people could speak about basic equipment which doesn't live up to the use it serves, in hopes to foster a more positive outlook on what changes we speak of.

Clear concise arguments will be added to the original post (when updated)

I would like to start off by saying that the basilisk while capable of damaging anything, doesn't do this well unless all shots hit, with that in mind I propose an accuracy and bullet velocity buff. which would compliment its use for longer ranges as an all rounder,

The base turrets can be strong offensively for an accurate shooter, however they are too vulnerable against tanks and repairing them exposes the player to greatly, these positions should be fortified, the exact method I am not set on but a shield like a sundy would go far to make them serve the purpose better,

Following arguments will be short listed and referenced below.
    • Up x 1
  2. qquqq

(reserved)
  3. qquqq

(reserved)
  4. Liewec123

Basilisk Flash
    on your subject of Basilisk, the flash basilisk remains utterly HORRIBLE!
    if basilisk receives a buff then it should be determined by the vehicle it is on, dual basilisk sundy is actually really good,
    but on an MBT/harrasser Basilisk is fairly bad, on flash it is horrible.
    they should make Basilisk S, Basilisk H, Basilisk M and Basilisk F so they can balance them all separately around their platform.

Skyguard
    i'd also like to see skyguard receive a slight buff (to its accuracy and bullet velocity) right now it just randomly sprays slow moving bullets in the general area of your target, it is a fairly effective deterrent when the ESF is up close, but at a further distance it is fairly lack-luster.
    if you're sacrificing your AI/AV potential to focus solely on AA then you should atleast be allowed to do it well.

Directive Weapons
    not really focused on one weapon, but if you make your way through the 5800 kill grind with one weapon type (which is many many more kills if you factor in all of the kills that get stolen by someone getting the last shot.) then you should receive a weapon that is an improvement, even if only slightly, they should not be sidegrades and absolutely should not be downgrades as many of them are right now.
    its a reward for a lot of work, make it feel rewarding!
    • Up x 2
  5. qquqq

ok apparently you cant edit after 30 mins, so ignore the edit op thing, sorry.
  6. Xen0n23

7. Pfundi

Oh guy, you made a mistake.... Never be the first to conplain when you are Vanu. No one likes Vanu.
    But anyway:
    MSW-R should get 60 shots per magazine, not really needed, but would be nice.
    All Basilisks need buffs, so that they can hit Infantry more well.
    The reload time on some VS LMGs is way too long for that little battery. Should be changed. (Even if that would mean taking 5-10 shots from each magazine.)
    SAW (shouldnt be the start LMG) reload should be reduced. Same thing as with VS, seems unnatural that it takes sooo long changing the magazines. Maybe some other lock to unlock first so that it makes sense.
    AC-X11 and NS-11C need more muzzle velocity. They are precision carbines. TR carbines with that role got way more velocity.
    • Up x 1
  8. ColonelChingles

I believe around December 2013 in PU02 the Basilisks were buffed significantly. CoF reduction and a RoF increase mostly, with a few range-nerfs to try and balance it. Largely to make it more effective versus Harassers, which were running rampant at the time.

But this created Basilisks that were too effective at range, so in the April 16 2014 patch they nerfed the ranged damage and velocity of it back.

This would suggest that buffing the Basilisk to be effective at range would negate the April 2014 changes... not something that really needs to be done.
  9. Alchemist44

My social life.
    • Up x 1
  10. qquqq

I'm not concerned with what the past says, just that they feel like they need more accuracy and velocity im not claiming it needs much, say 10% type stuff, the basilisk is mainly useful as a tank suppression role, infantry further then 20m you cant really kill, and air? forget about it, the dps is less than a carbine if you hit every shot. as the base gun almost any thing is an upgrade not side grade. in a stock prowler or harasser you can often expect people wont even man them, who wind in a fight vulcan harasser or basilisk? low damage should have good ranged ability.
  11. asmodraxus

Battle rifles
    Scout rifles
    Semi Auto sniper rifles
    The Trap and Failshift no one seems to use.
    The completely under used side arms (generally the VS selection seems to be Beamer, Beamer clone aka Manticore that hits a little harder, Beamer clone that hits for less damage aka Cereberus), so most VS use the NS weapon selection or Spiker (wonder why).
    Crossbow possibly
    Burst fire carbines
    Main guns on the Vanguard and Magrider are under performing compared to the main guns on the Prowler, buff them or nerf the Prowler
    Secondary guns on the Prowler (see previous, I wonder why).
    Anything other than the tank buster on the Lib main gun slot.
    The Valk could do with some love in terms of survivability or damage
    Mag PPA and Harasser PPA (hopefully will be changed shortly with the impending buff)
    Lasher
  12. lilleAllan

• Railjack, Phaseshift and Trap. Railjack is completely worthless. Phaseshift is near worthless and Trap is too inaccurate while moving.
    • The Valkyrie. Too slow.
    • The EM1, Polaris, (Rhino). Bottom tier DPS with very little to show for it.
    • Bandit. Straight up worse than the Jaguar with an additional tier of damage drop off for no good reason.
    • Burst fire carbines. Lower the first shot recoil.
    • Battle rifles.
  13. johnway

From personal experience i would like make 2 changes on my Tr character:

1. Give us more ammo for the bull. I empty ammo surprisingly quickly with this weapon and the reserve ammo is bit on the low side, maybe an extra clip maybe?

2. More accuracy for the carv. This weapon has a mixed love/hate relationship. I find that the gun doesn't excel long, medium or short ranges. The bullets are weak and shots go absolutely everywhere even bursting. Other times i make it sing and i'm able to do some decent work with it. As a starting weapon it has little to no advantages compared to the NC 200dmg lmg or the VS 0.75 ADS speed. Top it with a long reload and lack of attachments, its let me opting for other guns like the msw-r or the bull. I've tried various attachments with the carv and atm i'm using a x2 t scope, a foregrip and flash suppressor which has been useful in giving me an edge on some occassions. I might have to switch to a x1 scope and a suppressor and see how that works out.
  14. Pikachu

I left out somethings because they might require too much other changes or I know people would go ape****. Like restoring viper damage. Or I don't see how to make them useful.

■ Battle rifles. Raise 1 damage tier.
    ■ Scout rifles. Make more different from sniper rifles. Faster shooting and more damage falloff.
    ■ BASR
    ■ Burst fire weapons. Somehow.
    ■ All rocket launcher velocity and drop.
    ■ G2A ML. Restore velocity in addition to point above.
    ■ Trap. Bigger magazine.
    ■ Fracture. Restore velocity and infantry damage.
    ■ Comet. Restore velocity.
    ■ Kobalt. Raise damage tier 1 step. Raise ROF from 550 to 600.
    ■ Slugs. Less drop and more velocity. Less damage falloff.
    ■ Vektor
    ■ Ranger
    ■ UBSG. 2 shots in magazine with ROF of PAS.
    ■ UBGL. Undo whatever velocity and accuracy nerfs. Add a short concussion effect for the splash damage.
    ■ Valkyrie. Make it useful. Transportation means nothing in PS2 so that role is out of the question. A combat aircraft needs to have either lots of speed like ESF or lots of HP like galaxy. Buff the weapons also.
    ■ Banshee. Increase blast radius a bit. After the nerf I take AH any day over it.
    ■ ASC. Raise time from 4 to 6.
    ■ Jump jet. Raise speed by 50%.
    ■ Drifter jet. Raise speed by 100%.
    ■ Spitfire. Make it a killer not a boring deterent that can be circle strafed.
    ■ T4.
    ■ Phoenix. Restore infantry damage.
    ■ Striker. Raise infantry damage.
    ■ Lancer. Raise infantry damage.
    ■ Lynx. Should have higher DPS than GD-F7 and less accuracy. Otherwise there is no point of having lowest damage and DPM.
    ■ S LMG. Having lots of scopes when 2 are useful and 3 ammos when 1 is superior is not having lots of options.
    ■ AV grenade. Restore damage.
    • Up x 1
  15. asmodraxus

Phoenix should not be used to snipe infantry, leave that alone, as people auraxiumed it in day shooting from spawn rooms against attackers, its damage against infantry is fine.
  16. lothbrook

Phoenix should have a dumbfire mode where it basically just turns into a decimator, its the only ES launcher where its bad to be too close to something, lol.
  17. OldMaster80

Imho Scout Rifles are ok. I'm a very mediocre player and I've auraxiumed all of them.

Battle Rifles need instead a buff because they are extremely underperforming outside their niche: long range engagement.

Then Valkyrie... my god the Valkyrie...
  18. lothbrook

The valkyrie could use a buff obviously, i'd say give it flares as a passive equip and 2 beefed up AI mana turrets on the sides, lose the nose gun, make it an overwatch transport than a smaller gal.

Tanks need better protection from ESFs, either through armor buffs or making the walker and ranger useful, or possibly just remove the rear armor weak spot, i feel this is an outdated mechanic with all the tools out there to kill tanks now, maybe leave rear armor weak spot for ground vehicle anti tank weapons only.

Skyguard should lose its flak for basically a shredder, but with less AP damage against vehicles, makes it more useful against infantry and vehicles so the driver doesn't get so bored pulling one after the aircraft leave.

Prox mines and BB should lose the glowing lights

The railjack needs to lose the show delay in exchange for maybe having to recharge is capacitors after each shot making the delay between shots longer than other bolt actions.

It'd be nice to see nanite armor protect against headshots, you're still doing more damage with headshots see no reason to allow them to completely bypass your armor slot though.
  19. qquqq

While I like some of the things on your list I was hoping for an actuall argument showing why it needs buffed more so than just what changes you want to see,

I think lowering first shot recoil on semi/burst weapons is a good idea,as well increasing rocket velocity and lowering drop, but the rest of your list Im wondering where your going with them I have no idea why these would be good and I disagree with many, the buffs that you are advocating are in many cases game breaking,

looking for the best ideas out there and justification for them not just a list,
  20. Auzor

-New players.
    New players don't have sights, compensators, grip on their weapon, weak suit slot (rank 1 only) etc.
    Give new players 1 "full unlock" suite/class. Rank 1 jetpacks vs max rank is a joke for example.

-Valkyrie, weapon wise. Redesign: passengers can't fire out, can't repair either.
    But, pilot gets a gun, passengers can jump out 100m before starting to take fall damage. ("low altitude galaxy")
    Consider giving +2 transport seats. (deploy 6 dudes whilst retaining pilot & gunner)

-Burst fire weapons except the Sabr-13 and side-arms: lower the First Shot Recoil Multiplier.

-Semi-auto snipers: lose the ability to 1-shot-kill, lose muzzle velocity and have high recoil. Bloom per shot is bad; just below snipers, but ok. Just like the other snipers, very bad ADS moving accuracy, and even worse hipfire. Wait what?
    -> Lower the recoil. New attachment: High Velocity Ammo. For the Semi-Auto snipers, this ammo increases muzzle velocity by 100m/s, and brings recoil to current levels.
    -> Semi-auto sniper with 6x-12x scope gets 650 m/s muzzle velocity
    -> Semi-auto sniper rifle with 1x-4x scope gets 600 m/s muzzle velocity.
    TBH, I could see buffing by a further 50m/s; for long range engagements vs moving targets.

-652 rpm, 143 dmg weapons that are not NS.

-AA needs to be a deterrent by killing aircraft. C4 does not deter tanks by shoo-ing them away, but by destroying them. etc.

-Engineer AV turret should be nerfed: deal as much infantry damage as the phoenix. There is an AI turret. 750 damage is not "ignorable" either.

-TR Banshee. Sad as I am to say it.
    I think it was 200 dmg indirect, with a splash range of 2m? Even with dmg degradation of the splash, auwch. (did damage degradation start at 0.5 or at 1m?)
    Now, to get 150 indirect, it needs to hit within 0.3m. And the total area hit with splash is 1m.
    -->
    150 dmg indirect, at 0.5m.
    1 dmg at 1.5m.
    Now, at 1.4m dmg is of course very low. But, now it at least deals some damage at 1m. (about 75.. vs 10 currently)