Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. OKEngine

Please remake /update The Play Station game " Carnage Heart" best game I have ever played. It was so ahead of its time when it came out on PS1 . The graphics are mediocre ,but the game play is tenacious. It takes weeks of trial and error to get passed the first level. It is extremely addictive. There was a new version( Japanese only) a few years back that didn't look as good as the original game. I will buy a new PS4 if you do remake it,but would love to see it on PC platform more. It was made by Artdink Studios under Sony. Seth Lusi was the producer I think. I had to order my copy of the original from Japan.
  2. Wargrim

Planetside 2 on PC has been a ship that had no course, was slowly leaking and losing steam for quite some time. Now they are starting to punch holes in the hull. Maybe they plan to stick rockets into those holes and turn the ship into a rocket version of the helicarrier as some people seem to believe. But to me, this looks as if i should put on my rubber pants and prepare to get wet. I am not going to jump ship just yet as the water is f*cking cold and i see no other ship around. I know for certain that if i find myself in the ocean, i am not going to travel with that shipping company again, that is for sure.
  3. Alizona

This whole event is extremely sad, verging on actual tears falling. And I don't personally know a single person who is (or was) an SOE employee. But reading the Reddit and the tweets from these folks, it is quite clear that these were people who cared about this game with their entire heart and souls. And what did they get in return for it? A swift kick boot in the butt, out the door. "Here, have an extra paycheck or two, thanks for everything, good luck to y'all."

PS2 held a special place in my own little world, I'm a lifelong video gamer and PS2 is (was) one of my favorite games ever. I don't even like FPS or games where the goal is to (simulate) kill other players!! But I still loved this game for the huge open world play and the many different ways to play it.

I'm just sad, and if anyone want to laugh at me for crying over a video game, that's fine. It's not the game I'm crying over, it's the people who have gotten shafted by SOE and CN. When the Wall Street piranahs show up (and CN is quite clearly one of those)... well, all I can say is, perhaps the ones who got canned were the lucky ones, they can move on in their lives and move forward. Maybe I shouldn't be as sad for them as I am right now. As for the rest of you still with CN, I offer you my sincere best wishes on your own futures. Don't leave your future up to Wall Street outfits who could give a damn about anything except making some sort of return on their (bad) investment. You (the employees) are clearly just entries in a financial spreadsheet, nameless, faceless and personality-less to them. Perhaps what makes me so sad is the stark factual reality that "loyalty" between employer and employee went out the window decades ago (I'm an old man). But it's a two-way street, loyalty, not a one-way street. Don't be going the wrong way down one-way streets in life.

Edit to add: I should close on a positive and say "thank you" to those of you who had a hand in creating, designing and operating this wonderfully fun game. Thank you from the bottom of my own heart and soul. Thank you for bringing such joy into my life over the past few years.
  4. Crator

I'm not assuming anything. I'm playing the "what if" game cause I simply don't know and no one else does on these forums. I can't imagine that they would dissolve or sell off the IP they bought, but maybe they will. I dunno. They didn't get rid of everyone on the team so I have hope that they aren't completely getting rid of all the game titles they currently have.
  5. Yuki10

Well, what would you know?!

I just got a resume on my desk today from a former SOE employee looking for a technical position in San Diego California...

Small world DaybreakGames, huh?
  6. Xind

Hire them based on their faction choice.
    • Up x 3
  7. JustBoo

It gets worse. It is the management, that stinking fetid Smegley that should be fired. But it is always the workers who pay the price for managements greed and stupidity. Smeg must give some of his best "work" on his knees to his Russian masters. I hope the Russians take care of him.

They have laid off QA staff for Planetside2. The very thing they need the most, these IDIOTS lay off. The page below is in "some language" but you can clearly see the names and position of the people who got the shaft by that pig.

http://babagra.pl/2015/02/czystka-rozpoczeta-zwolnienia-w-daybreak/

DayBroke Games Indeed. The Home Of Idiot Management.
    • Up x 1
  8. Douglas Quaid

9. 13arracuda

Higby's gone now. Waiting for positive spin of this event from Daybreak PR.
    • Up x 1
  10. Xind

They DESPERATELY need to announce new hires in the wake of all these fires. Credible developers an designers who've worked on other games, preferably FPS or at the very least MMO. You can't just fire everyone associated with a game and leave people wondering if (not who by) the position will be filled.
  11. Rraymondo316

They aint replacing anyone

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2vm5nl/dont_hate_on_columbus_novadaybreak/
    • Up x 1
  12. Yuki10

I'm thinking of going all Higby and Smedley on him -- tweeting that he's got the position. If he happens to see it - great for him, but if he is expecting to hear back from more or less official source, like our HR/Hiring system (kind of like the forums here are official SOE/Daybreak channel)... then tough luck.

How do they say this - "what goes around, comes around" ?.....
    • Up x 2
  13. Krokozor

• Up x 1
  14. sagolsun

15. JustBoo

Oh man, that literally had me laughing my 'buns' off. (Yeah, I had a Honey-bun on my desk and it fell off.) Irony is a bi-tch isn't it. Well done.

It brings up a good point as well. Now that DazedAndBroken (DBG) personnel are no longer constrained by a parent company (Sony), will they now dirty their delicate hands and come down here and communicate with the Unwashed Masses who are the actual players?

Or do we have yet another Denier-In-Chief running "some thing." Smeg claiming he took care of his employees is so delusional it is hard to believe "people" like that exist. Note that not all sociopaths are insane raging serial-killers. The majority of them are CEO's.
  16. Sunflash

What REALLY pisses me off about this is that even while the game gets stripped to the bone in preparation to be stuffed on a shelf out of sight; they're STILL playing the "It'll get better don't worry!" card.

Note: Holy crap I get so mad about losing PS2 that I keep forgetting my original post notes between reading a thread and trying to log-in, argh.
  17. FrAzE

Agreed bro. our gaming needs to crash and burn first so the money making leaches develop a distaste for our little haven and gaming goes back to its origin. when not every bastard called himself a gamer. when we gamers were outcasts of the society. that will be the return of gaming. becoming a big money making industry did not work out of our community !! time to go back
    • Up x 2
  18. Xind

It's too late. We can never go back. Whenever you question why everyone 'farms' in every game out now, keep in mind that games about LITERAL FARMING are going swimmingly.
  19. Crator

20. mersh21

If you pay attention to Twitter and reddit, radarx and bill yeats said they are gonna be meeting to discuss making an announcement