When should you TK?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Damien, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Damien

What do you do when:

A MAX suit jumps in front of your AV turret with his AI weapons on to shoot at infantry 100+ meters away?

Do you message him? Shoot him? Lay a tank mine down at his feet and blow him away? This has to be one of my greatest pet peeves. What about this game causes you to want to TK the most?
  2. _itg

I'd probably get out of the turret and knife him once or twice. That gets the point across without doing any serious harm.
  3. FnkyTwn

That depends:
    -Are you NC? If Yes then TK.
    -Are you TR/VS? Relocate unless there's unlimited space around and he's just being a jerk hopping right in front of you, but more than likely, you didn't position yourself appropriately to begin with.
  4. FateJH

If it is absolutely possible to avoid it, never.
    Get off the turret and do something else. As an Engineer, there's a plethora of work available in any given situation.
  5. MikeyGeeMan

I shoot them. People need to learn not to step into lines of fire.

After they keep dying they realize, hey maybe its not a good idea to step in front of everyone like that.

If you stop firing you just reinforce the action
    • Up x 2
  6. Haquim

Depends.

I usually make a point of getting back at people that TKd me in a VERY ******** way earlier and didn't even have the decency to say sorry. Like throwing a frag into a bunch of us instead of the enemy. Or running me over in a Harasser when im a locked-down MAX at the side of the road, clearly visible and standing there for two minutes. Or crushing me against the building wall with a sundy for no reason while I'm busy shooting and killing a whole enemy squad I spent five minutes on flanking. But it is usually a pain tracking them down.

Other than that: If the guy is hampering your side more than he contributes, kill him and be done with. Later when you have the time and are not fired upon send him a tell why you did what you did. You shouldn't do that with anything that has a cost attached to it though.
    But if it is a sniper blocking your manaturret from firing on the door you expect a human wave to emerge from or something similar: Get rid of him and fight on. He would have died anyway.
  7. Doc Jim

If some idiot lowlevel character kills people in a spawnroom then I will go out of my way to drive that person off. Either they are really stupid new players or griefers from the other factions. ZERO TOLLERANCE. Other than that I only TK people who obviously shoot me on purpose.

Edit: running over non-rendering allies isn't intentional TKing and therefore not relevant to this topic.
  8. MallowChunkage

Scatmaxes clearing a point of everything, allies, enemies, whatever and then not apologising.

Once had one guy blame me for being in the room.
    I C4'd him until he ran out of nanites, saying I needed him off the point so we could cap.

That and anyone using grenade belt with frags needs to burn.
  9. sIcGER

or they simply kill you back with a /tell 'tk'ing scumbag' ...sad but true :rolleyes:
  10. MikeyGeeMan

That's ok. Let them. I usually run with a platoon. And all I need to do is call out a bounty on a tker and a person that jumps in front of you.

Then we beat em up from Pluto to uranus
  11. sIcGER

if someone steps into my line of fire i normally step aside myself (if not in a mana-turret) or if he is constantly steping in front of me i fire 1 or 2 bullets on him so he hopefully understand what he is doing wrong. sometimes those idiots turn around and empty their mag into you :rolleyes:

when im not in a squad i tk him back and redeploy

i play the game since december '12 and sometimes it happens to me as well to be that stupid guy running in the line of fire of someone because i see an enemy i want to kill but forgot to check my surroundings for other mates. when i get hit then i jump aside while the hit indicator tells me i was hit from behind - i turn around then and press v+8
    • Up x 1
  12. Reclaimer77

Whenever I get run over by a friendly vehicle. I will spawn with C4, hunt him down, and kill him. Put rockets into him, whatever it takes.
  13. Illucidator

I was about to tk someone when i saw him trying to blow up another persons sunderer but then i think he noticed that I noticed and then stopped. I came pretty close to c4ing his sundy because it just ticked me off seeing how much ppl are cert jerks. The sundy he was trying to blow up was like at andvari barracks next to the tele to the biolab. Great farming spot so it was smart but a real jerk move.
  14. Iridar51

When I die, hit "quick respawn" and suddenly spawn in a Sunderer in a terrible position, from where getting back to fight is either long or unreasonably dangerous or both. Sundies at the bottom of the friendly biolab also belong in this category.

I'm not sure why people deploy such Sunderers, be it greed for spawn XP / directives or just ineptitude. Either way, I TK such sunderers.

Sometimes I TK in revenge, but very rarely. Usually tracking down the guy who did it is too much trouble, and I cool off quickly.

I hate when someone repeatedly invites me to their squad, even if I decline every time and /tell the guy to please stop doing it. Once I actually did TK a guy for doing that.

The question of the thread is "when should you TK?", and my reply is "almost never". The only way when it's completely justified is when a 4th factioner comes to sabotage your faction. I saw it maybe once.

The only exception to this rule is a certain invisible guy on Cobalt. I can't tell his character's name, as it's against ToS, I think, but Cobalt TR may or may now know who I'm talking about. That guy should be TKed on sight, he deserves it fully.
    • Up x 1
  15. 4wry

Has anyone considered simply using proximity chat to tell the dude to step aside and point out that he isn't helping?

It might be a new inexperienced player being unaware of the situation, but I do get the occasional frustration with the behavior of some players, especially if it is intentional.
  16. XsolarflareX

Some people just deserve it. I've had people stand at the end of vehicle pads, which leads to me running them over in my tank. They then respawn follow me and c4 my tank.
    These people I have no problem tking.
    Lately i've had people using my lib as their own personal transport. They hop in the gunner spot, tell me lets go kill some sundy's and we head out. Once I find a sundy, I shoot in through tons of aa and tank shells give the guy a perfect chance to kill it only to find the dalton empty. The guy has jumped out with his light assault and is trying to c4 the sundy. of course the sundy will have deploy shield, so all he does is get us both killed. Stupid moves like this will get you teamkilled.
    Big problem with this is it's happening a lot more. This sucks because there are some really good gunners out there as well, but it's getting to the point of me either not pulling a lib or simply trying my luck in a 1/3 bird.
  17. Illucidator

Add me i like gunning and driving. Its hard to find gunners sometimes. Been meaning to post a thread on here but am too lazy.
  18. JudgeNu

I may be standing in a corner in spawn eating my supper or at WG getting ready for the day and if a guy comes up to me it is usually to look at my dapper toon, but if the aim down sights or act strangely I will light them up.

Too many times I get TK'd while standing in spawn by some dbag.

There is currently on Emerald a guy who is killing players at terminals so he can get his vehicle faster.
    If you PM me in game I will tell you his name.
    You may already know him.
    I remember his name from a few weeks ago we had a go at it and yesterday I seen him and was like, I remember that name.
    Not more than 30 mins later he TK's me at a terminal and as I am waiting for him to return I see him do it again to someone else.
    He didn't make it out that time. fkn *******.

I get ran over from time to time and I have become a little more forgiving but mostly you can tell what the issue is.
    Alot lately there are those childish harasser driver's and they need to be dealt with.
    They are playing a different game from us and they need to go back to GTA.

What server you on?
  19. FocusLight

Depends on the situation. In your case no, I leave the turret and re-position, unless there are NO OTHER GOOD SPOTS, then I'll tell him over proxy that he's in my way - and how futile his actions are from this range - and then if he don't listen I'll cut him. Once or twice.

At that point he's likely going to be a total tool and kill you. That's when you return and blow him to hell if he's still there. If not, note name for later and move on with your previous action.

I only intentionally TK people who I see T-bag people. Little of that since they supposedly nerfed is, so this don't happen even remotely often.

Most the times I accidentally TK someone is - besides road-kills ofc - if I'm shooting away and they decide to walk into my spray of rounds. I've tripple head-shotted allies to death inside of 0.5 seconds flat when they do that. Very annoying, as it gets them dead, me a TK strike and the enemy free time to kill me after I killed that other guy.

So kindly people, KINDLY keep in mind that lines of fire are a thing and frankly, you can go around the back of allies who are shooting or aiming carefully.
  20. Arkenbrien

[IMG]
    • Up x 1