Welcome to hackerside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Feb 6, 2015.

1. hostilechild

With current state of the game, even on US servers you can't tell whats really happening. All updates coming at once, dieing before you see the player then while on the ground see them firing running over you or decloak after you die. Players running one way, tick later running 10m complete opposite direction. Getting constant mutually deaths, seconds after the encounter. Even when it appeared they never shot or were shooting in the wrong direction.

Outside of 12v12 fights the game is practically a crap shoot now on who wins and what you actually see. And god forbid you try to play on the Alert map.

hackers or not, the game just isn't much fun right now during primetime.
    • Up x 4
  2. LibertyRevolution

Actual hackers are not very prevalent, but I am getting really tired of fighting guys doing this:

(Recorded at 4am this morning, Feb 9th 2015, on emerald.)
    • Up x 4
  3. Drag0

Yes there is definitely more hacking going on recently. One person tonight was HA out running everyone knifing people o_O

The really annoying ones are the ones that just speed up enough to be borderline questionable -- there is a huge sector of cheaters that just do "enough" to escape detection. And then they come to the forums and berate other players and call them noobs.

Sony is usually really good at stopping them -- but whatever has happened lately it seems that some players are getting away with it more so lately.

Anyone remember that ******* TR from PS1 that would talk so much smack on the forums -- then later got busted for hacking and for having multiple forum accounts so he could praise himself lol!
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

I thought you got a kill for that after the Daddy patch?
  5. Xasapis

If that mine was Claymore, you'd be dead. Also warping of that degree in the video makes the game completely unplayable, I don't know why you even bothered.
  6. LibertyRevolution

That is one upside of playing as TR, betties and proxies barely every kill my heavy, hit a claymore and its click dead, lol.
    I bothered to keep playing as it was just that one guy playing the movement meta game, the rest were easy certs. ;)
  7. Nitrobudyn

If You looked at this guy's killboard, You'd probably see that he was doing poorly. I've seen guys lagging like this one and they had more deaths than kills on their killboards.
    When i had big lag spikes everybody were either moving like this guy, or standing completely still. Shooting at them had no effect until ping toned down to about 200 or less. Relogging helped, but the same day i saw a guy that was abusing that lag - he was doing that the guy on Your clip tried to do - throwing proxy mines to get at least few kills - but more efficient, because he was using tank mines + sticky grenades, in a biolab, during our MAX crush. I had to look at what i've recorded, frame by frame, to see how a sticky nade materialised out of thin air, on a tank mine, 1m above the floor.
  8. AtckAtck

Good example of a Trigger aimbot user, in case you cannot see it, watch the slomo at the end of the video where he is aiming fully the wrong place every time an then snaps onto the target with 100% accuracy, shooting concrete while tracking targets through the wall. You can see this multiple times. One would have to blind not to regognize it.

And there are a lot of "trigger" players out there. Not as many as one would suggest, but still more than one would suggest.

I've been playing fps games for more than 20 years now, i may not be as fast as a young teenager anymore, but i sure as hell can ambush, i can predict movement. And in the past months there have been an increasing number of players which you cannot ambush or outmaneuver, they always know. This is just not possible.
    Though these people are not aimbotting, These wallhacking types have a huge advantage as they rarely get reported at all, as in the general clutter of the game you probably wont even notice it.
    This game needs a proper anti cheat system as the current one is clearly not working as intended.

I know the excuses: " Saw you on Map." "I heard you" "You were spottet." etc. absolute ********. These players use cheats.
    • Up x 1
  9. Turiel =RL=

Let's face it: All those super suspicious guys with an S attached to their vehicle stats (Prowler, Lightning, Banshee, Needler for the most part) usually lead their servers in kills and playing time and so on, but their insane skill would actually make them rich as professional gamers in other games. These guys are either wasting their talent for nothing or they are cheating.

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/10-top-earning-professional-gamers/
  10. FateJH

I don't know whether you're talking about the player whose eyes we're watching through, or RuggedMalone, so I shall address both. Like you said I would find it: that exchange looked completely and absolutely normal to me. It wasn't an ideal form of engagement but you work with what you have.

Perspective player: As I was watching it the first time, I would have made the same choices the player did, including trying to suppress the enemy around/through the capture point like that though it would intercept many of my shots too, knowing that the enemy had retreated to the stairs because the mine was dropped where it was and no one was in the room, and starting to hipfire but switching to ADS without holding my fire to reset CoF. The last one's not really a wise thing to do sicne you rely on lucky shots but ADS CQC really isn't an LMG's normal realm of expertise.

RuggedMalone: The part of your argument I find unconvincing is that I can explain every quirk of that exchange just using knowledge of how clientside, latency, and movement prediction interact in this game. That doesn't make the implications "better" - ideally, when one or more parties are stuttering that badly, they should try to relog. (Of course, since your movement tends to look fluid for you, the best argument is for one side to /tell the other player that it looked like he was stuttering all around in that fight.) The easiest way to put it is: when Malone looked like he was moving forward, that was your client saying "this is where he'd be now if he continued like that," when he was actually somewhere further behind that path.
  11. Simferion

Last time I played an enemy was trying to unload a magazine on me , aiming me, through a sundy :) No, he wasn't hitting me, but the sundy, however he was still try to shoot me .
  12. HadesR

Now that is to varying degrees of the " meta " is very common .. Players who suddenly skip or warp when they come under fire , but are fine before hand ..

Dev's could do with adding a bit more weight and momentum to char models ..
    • Up x 1
  13. Klypto

[IMG]

You can't be serious. You sound mad because...
    • Up x 3
  14. MajiinBuu

I've seen a few invulnerable players lately. When I yell "[playername] is invulnerable" they often disappear, I imagine they're logging out.
  15. Haquim

Never had this bug myself, but AFAIK logging out is the only way to fix it, so they are not necessarily doing because they got caught - actually it is pretty impossible to not get caught with invulnerability.
  16. Champagon

Like i said late night/early morning Emerald... Dude was hacking and still managed to die. if you are one of these people please just uninstall the game now. Why bother...
  17. RachelGomez

I know a hacker. Not someone who hacks in this game, but hacks in others. After reading this thread, I asked this person to check their hacking forums (the private, paid ones) about hacking in PS2 and if there are that many closet cheaters sneaking around.

Here's a chat log:

In other words, if you think this game is full of high BR cheaters, you are being paranoid. The in-house anti-cheat apparently has the major sites stumped, and there isn't a pattern to it beyond "if you cheat you end up banned". They can make a new account and hack like crazy but they don't last long like that.
    • Up x 3
  18. S0LAR15

There are no cheaters in PS2 that stay unbanned for long.

Also the "movement meta" is lag or "making yourself lag".
  19. HadesR

Yeah we know that's more of an exploit than a hack .. And so it's very hard for the Dev's to actually catch ( or maybe even care about ) which is why maybe those high levels who " may " use it are also thought to be hacking ..

Since along with the warping / skipping all the hits from a lag switcher seem to land at once and can seem like an aimbot to ..

Ofc that's not outside the normal innocent lag that can happen to us all ..
  20. Juunro

Yeah; I rarely see people actually hacking, and when they are its always someone who is under BR 10. No, what I see most often is people exploiting clientside- using router tools to mess up their outbound so that the hit detection against them goes all wonky while keeping their inbound normal. Its usually very clear who is exploiting this too: if you put a full mag into somebody who you have the drop on, close range, and the headshots absolutely refuse to register? They are probably futzing with their hit detection.

Also the lag-teleporters and such like in this video.

Honestly, why they don't just kick you out if your ping is over a certain amount for a sustained period of time is beyond me.