The Fall of Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by OldMaster80, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Nasher

I agree that vehicle spam is a big problem now. Yet they insist on buffing tanks again :/

The buffs wouldnt be so bad if AV weapons (including C4 soon) were not next to useless. The fact you can repair a tank faster than someone can damage it with a decimator is completely ridiculous.

If they are going to keep the "balance" as it is. They should do something to limit the number of tanks or add a long cooldown to them, like in PS1.
  2. Yago

How do you display ping in game?
  3. sjtw_w_stot

Some actual Public Press Releases letting the community know what's up, what is planned & where they are on that... So far it looks like the PC version has been dropped from the radar and all efforts are for the console. Feels like we've been left out to dry and won't get any attention until well after the console release.

I'll put money in when I see some actual progress. Until then my purse-strings remain tight.
  4. sjtw_w_stot

You've heard of the NVIDIA issue with the 970 right?
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...Full-Memory-Structure-and-Limitations-GTX-970

I have the Gigabyte 970... I'm in on the Class Action against NVIDIA. You should too.
    http://bursor.com/investigations/nvidia/

On the 970 PS2 stutters worse than my 2 gig card, mind you -- I couldn't get above 30fps with the 2 gig'r. So I'll take the stutter for the 100fps than the under-30 with no-stutter even though the stutter gets me killed more often than not as it always seems to happen most when shid is about to go down...
  5. Ian_M

I was thinking of getting a gtx 970. So glad I read this first.
    As for the game. It is presently badly broken. I tend to play for a while, get annoyed with it and come back to play again where hopefully the issues have been fixed. Sadly its getting worse and worse. Sometimes its a couple of months between playing it.
    Planetside 2 is the only game I am aware of WHERE YOU HAVE TO OVERCLOCK YOUR CPU to get any kind of decent performance. Why havent SOE addressed this?
    SLI support is utterly pathetic. No word for a fix.
    Where is GPU Physx support?
    Lots of annoying stuttering also.

It seems that to play this game you will need as playstation 4 which is a major downgrade for nearly all PC gamers.
    I wonder what cut down, degraded & frame rate limited version of the game will be on the PS4 when its released? The consoles seem to really hold gaming back.
    The game is free to play and its hard to justify paying money for membership/items/name changes.
    I really hope planetside 3 is created by a competent kickstarter organisation. Elite dangerous & Star Citizen are great examples of this.
    Thanks SOE for taking what could be a magnificent game and totally ruining it.
  6. henrickbr

O jogo apresenta vários problemas, principalmente no desempenho. É desanimador para jogar e seu ping atingiu 500.900 a cada dia.
  7. gobbybobby

its at the bottom of the scoreboard (hold tab)

and guys now SOE has been sold, they will be putting the features on hold again while they try and get the game running on Xbox., :p
    • Up x 1