what happend with all RL OHK whining?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omfgweeee, Feb 7, 2015.

1. omfgweeee

Everyone was crying about OHK RL, Highby announced nerf to it, then cancel it just before release, and now no one cries and everyone is happy?

Dafaq?
  2. Crayv

I think they slightly adjusted the splash damage so that if you are wearing the max rank of flak you can survive a direct hit.
    • Up x 1
  3. Maelthra

Forumside usually has a short attention span. Can't whine about the same thing for very long. Gotta get the whining done with and move on to the next thing.
    • Up x 7
  4. Leftconsin

Yeah, it stopped being flavor of the month. Nerf calls have little correlation to how disruptive the nerf target is to the game.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xasapis

Not sure what you're on about. This is already implemented. If you wear max rank flak armor you don't get 1-shotted by rockets. That probably shifted the weight of the blame from the developers to the users, so the "whine" disappeared.
  6. Apples

Because the guns are better at killing?
  7. Prudentia

Rocketprimary was a artificial problem invnted by (i think) Mustarde.
    after some discussion people noticed that a gun that can maybe kill a single person every 4-5 seconds and has horrible bulletspeed is actually not that good and went back to being able to kill 2-4 enemies in the same time with normal guns
    • Up x 2
  8. omfgweeee

That aint true i`m here for more than half a year and i have seen a lot older threads about C4 Whining, so its posible :)
    Still in big crowded fights most of times ppls die to RL because nerfed or not they still splash and everyone wears now Granade Bandolear cuz "its OP!!!" and get OHK if direct hitted.
    Also RL is dumbfired so u can peek a boo safe shooting it and get kills without die.

I wasnt playing HA until very soon, and i can tell you i use my RL very often and results aint bad at all, so i was wondering what happend with all the whining :)
  9. lothbrook

They used to do quite a bit more splash damage, and then there was the flak armor change, once you basically had to hit them in the chest with it and even that wasn't a guarantee so people just stop doing it. You used to be able to fling a decimator round at a group of guys and come away with a couple kills.
  10. ronjahn

Well they nerfed rocket launchers, that's what happened to the whiners.

While a direct hit on a non flak 5 enemy will still kill, the rockets do hardly any splash damage at all and if you get kills with splash you essentially got lucky by hitting an almost dead target.

I feel that rocket prime was one of the biggest outcrys that occurred for absolutely no reason. Gameplay would remain exactly the same as it is right now if they rebuffed the launchers. People latched onto it because reasons(that idiotic video and people not liking dieing to anything but skill-carbines/LMGs) and now we shoot potatoes from tubes.

I'm kinda curious of the numbers of people who have certed/regularly use Flak since this change. I would assume very few because the current meta is Grenade spam, not flak. They were simply happy with the nerfing of the weapons.

People have now assigned the title of boogieman to c4, ravens, Vulcan, and LPPA instead.
    • Up x 3
  11. zaspacer

It might be that with so many people now using HA, there are just fewer people from other classes to complain about it.
  12. Mustarde

Source https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/update-notes-8-5.196032/

Personally I wanted a larger nerf, but felt that at least the devs took these steps to make RL's less rewarding to spam against infantry. In crowded fights it was not uncommon to fling rockets into doorways and walk away with between 1-4 kills per shot. I suspect most people aren't running around with flak 5, but I sure as hell am, and have enjoyed not dying to many RL's since that patch hit.

lol
    • Up x 2
  13. Revel

I only run flak on my engineer because he's most likely to take splash damage when repairing MAX/vehicles/base turrets. However, with the constant reductions in splash damage and range I'm starting to wonder the value of it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Keldrath

Its splash isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, now you have to hit pretty much directly on someone to get the kill, before you could just fire into a group and get 3+ kills cause the splash damage and its radius was so large just being anywhere near it would OHK.

So I can't complain about it much anymore. No ones really rockeet primarying anymore either, any time I ever kill someone with it or they kill me with it, it was because we saw a max and were gonna try to shoot it, but then an infantry showed up and we didn't have time to switch to our LMG so, yeah.
    • Up x 1
  15. Pikachu

No you could not because RL splash damage was and is only half as much as the in game stats say. It's the reason why people could use RL as shotguns without losing more than their shield (500 hp). If you try today against an enemy you will see they only lose 3/4 of their shield which is what you would expect from 750/2=375 damage.
  16. Keldrath

No.