PlanetSide 2 Coming to PS4 #MakeWarStories

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xCtc9592x

Hey idc as long as they do it on both XBONE and PS4
  2. fatboyron

I know there's a lot of change at the moment but do we know if there anymore beta keys going at out?

If anyone has got one going spare I'd be really greatfull as I now live in the US "cough,cough"
  3. IronBreaker245

I've been watching so many streams, hoping that Cobra or Higby comes in and throws one out, God I want a code,
    I can't even play it on PC! God I wish there was a Mac version :(
  4. Badheal1

did the new batch of codes go out yet?
  5. Abulia

Yes, today's codes went out.
  6. IamReplayzz

Why does my beta code not work
  7. XLander

I don't care if they do it to consoles at all this has all been PC platform software. With move to console we are forced to buy over priced consoles with limited user end function.

As is, there is a Major problem I see. Any acquisition like this usually costs money time and lawyers. That means a deal like this has been in the works for 6 months to a year. This is just your public announcement.

Things of note around the time the merger was announce.
    - Increase in ping. As though you moved the servers to a new junk location that can't actually handle this games functions.

- Appearance of more hackers. They appear to be back. (Maybe attributable to the lag/ping increase) Literally watch people disappear. Literally watch players change classes on the fly. Yes an infil turns into a max... Of course why not that is normal.

- Hitching I never had it before but now I get like a bandwidth ball that stops for a moment as if I transcended time and space, then let it catch up to me. So in effect hitch freeze, weirdness, then boom all actions around me catch up mine and my enemies... Something I of course can't respond to.

- Knives have hit or miss hit detection.

- Lumine edge isn't counting towards stab kills counter.

- Consistently CTD usually once with 10-20 minutes of first logon for the day. After I immediately log back in it goes away for the time I play.
  8. yaok888

Reminder for those lucky to be in the PS4 ps2 beta. Please remember to register for the PS2 ps4 beta forum. They are now giving beta forum users a "buddy key" to give to friends. You don't even have to make a post, just be registered.

If anyone has or gets a spare buddy key from my reminder - please reward me with a game beta key donation in private message.
    I have been trying to spread the word about the buddy key feature since I have yet to get my own key.
  9. XLander

Still not going to buy another console they are not worth my investment to get locked into one system with so many limitations.

I would seriously rather play my old games from 20 years ago than buy a console that rips me off the way they do now.
  10. xmaddgamer

If anyone has extra buddy keys, I'd be very gracious if you had one to spare for me since I'm just not lucky enough to receive one of my own.... Also Im Madd-Gamerx on PS4, i play many dfferent titles. Come game with me sometime
  11. Allsaint11179

Hi guys well i got mine ps2 beta key for ps4 but mine key is not working does this apply for us players only since im from europe?What the hell im supose to do with the beta key if this is only for US?That is so stupid ,and what now should i give mine beta key away.Omg!!!!?
  12. Allsaint11179

Hey well as i figured it is US only so if you are not from us your key will not work like mine if i understand right.So a bunch of keys sent random .
  13. DC_Assassin_202

Hey man if ur gonna give it away you don't mind if i get it. Been waiting for code 4 a while now, i signed up at the beginning and still haven't received one that would be cool of u if u do.
  14. Allsaint11179

Hey well im gonna wait for someone from soe to answer me if i am correct and then i mean what else to do with a beta key that is not intended for europe.
  15. mrmilo

So why are beta codes going out to people that already have codes so they can give them out to friends who may or may not have signed up for the beta themselves, shown any interest in this game or even known about the game? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the people that have received codes, and yes it makes sense to get people into the game that may have not known about it. I also have friends that didn't know anything about the game and would have some interest in it. BUT, there are still people who have signed up for the beta as soon as they found out signups were available and have checked their email daily to see if they have received a code, followed the forums, up voted beta feedback that made sense without actually participating in the beta, for example, grenade being moved to the shoulder button and better utilization of the touchpad. Also starting a personal conversation with a dev and a community relations manager separately to see if somehow they didn't receive a code because their email settings were not done properly and because of that were disqualified from the beta, or if they were just waiting anxiously in line for their turn, which is understandable. Those conversations have been ignored for two weeks and one week. Yes, they are very busy with everything going on, again, understandable. However, shouldn't everyone that has shown an interest in this game and signed up for the beta receive a beta code before extra codes are sent out to people that already have codes to give to people that haven't signed up? There must be more than one person out there that feels the same way. So what's up?
    • Up x 1
  16. OldGamer71

Yeah pretty sad mmilo, some of us have been following since the beginning and still no codes......
    Their idea let's give buddy codes to people already in the beta instead of those of us bee waiting forever lmao. Great job guys......
  17. LayZ

Did buddy keys go to only a select number of testers?
  18. Solonami143

anyone willing to give a ps4 Planetside 2 beta code message me on here ill be thankful been waiting a long time to get one .
  19. Opapanax

No one is forcing players to buy a console or not and its quite bland hearing so much blame placed on PS4 for the current state of the game. PC diehards don't understand console play or the reason people are drawn to them. It seems that some might not have the capacity to and that is fine.

There are limitations in areas like having a word document program to type up a history paper or quick and easy access to my Facebook account, but console gamers who have been gaming for the last 20 yrs or so already understand what consoles need and what is just filler. We choose a less powerful machine built around ergonomical play because some of us grew tired of having PC setups with constant upgrades and sore backs from sitting at desk for 12 hours a day.

The development of this game and the misteps made were done well before PS4 announcement, stop looking for scapegoats to blame. Its on the developers not the existence of consoles that account for the state of the game. Console's development getting the flak for more "hackers" and the increased ping on servers is just short sighted.

When all these issues have been issues since release of the game over 2 yrs ago. It's okay that you don't want to buy a PS4 or an XBOX or a Wii just as okay as it is if you do want one. It's a persons choice to do so.

Long live freedom of choice.
    • Up x 1
  20. ghandi1108

Anybody with a buddy code for a codeless peasant?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.