[Vehicle] Real tankers step up. Just say NO to c4-nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by repairtool6, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Alexkruchev

Disclaimer: I play LA and Engineer as my primary classes. I do not drive MBTs. The most I drive is a harasser.

HMmm. My perspective as an infantry primary player? Take C4 away from LAs, and replace it with AV grenades. They should not be the primary AT breadwinner. They -are-, presently the most lethal AV class in the game by -statistics-. c4 beats any rocket launcher, mine and AT Mana turret. In fact, AT turrets are arguably more suicidal than C4 fairying. Given C4 fairying isn't hard at all to do. You get about a 25-50% success rate, solo, against a vehicle that is supposed to be a force multiplyer. C4 is not the problem. LA's having it, is the problem. Especially when the second a tank shows up, peoples immediate response is to STOP PLAYING ENGIES AND HAs and immediately pull drifters and C4. It's a gadget. It should be a secondary, not a primary way of dealing with something- Tanks aren't meant to be reliably soloed by single infantry. They -are- meant to be taken out by group effort and teamwork. And by team work, I mean coordinating the same, or different weapons from different players. I think C4 itself is fine- I've zero complaints about it from engineers, HAs. It's only LAs that bother anyone. Moreover, LAs are responsible for the VAST majority of C4 kills- so much that C4 is the whole point of the class. I know tankers that will ignore MBTs and vehicles because they saw a single LA flying about. Because... the LA is the bigger threat. It says something when a 'light' (yes, that means not heavy) assault is statistically better equipped to take out tanks than people with rockets, or coordinate with vehicles. LA should not be defined by one gadget, like it currently is. All other classes have many gadgets people will choose to carry- I have never met a LA player with more than a few hours in the game who -doesn't- carry two bricks of C4 AT ALL TIMES. I have, however, seen Engis who don't carry mines or AV Mana turrets, in spite of nominally those gadgets filling the same AV potential. Light assault should be relegated to AI work, except in -supporting- other classes and vehicles in taking out tanks, it should NOT be the star player of the show- and simply put, it is. The stats, overwhelming public opinion, and simple experience show this. THAT SAID.

We should not Nerf C4. The Gadget is Fine. It is the Class that can use it that is the problem here.
    • Up x 1
  2. MahouFairy

I think that bad drivers are the real problem here.

Yeah so bad drivers are getting tired of being stalked and then slapped in the @$$? Fine, lets's change them to AV grenades that deal the same damage as C4. Tankers ought to be happy right? You won't find any enemy LA standing next to your tank anymore. :)
    • Up x 2
  3. Hatesphere

The problem isn't the slap In the ***. If anything LA is the one class that doesn't need to touch the butt. They can slap a tank in the forehead from above gimble lock and armor facing means crap all for C4 so it works. Change C4 so it respects armor facing, and has to at least stick to the tank to do damage and you will see a lot less complaining. Its crazy that you can keep your front armor pointed at a target and it can still do full damage to you.
  4. MahouFairy

You mean like dropping C4 from the roof (sorry I don't get what you mean)? If that's the case, well guess what, tanks were never supposed to go near buildings in the first place.
  5. Hatesphere

No, like a guy litteraly dropping C4 onto the front armor of a tank with all the tact of a drunken sailor from above with drifters. No aim requires just hit the barn and ignore the armor facing while it backs away.
  6. MahouFairy

Well, I think the damage dealt would be adjusted accordingly by the top armour resistance for that one. I've never tried doing this before. I usually sneak behind a tank and do my job.
  7. Hatesphere

C4 currently does not care about armor facing. Its why its so easy to kill tanks as LA in many situations.
    • Up x 1
  8. MahouFairy

Well, I didn't know that, since I've never tried to plant C4s at the front of the tank before. I wouldn't mind if they added directional armour resistance though, but the gross C4 nerf is too much.
  9. Meeka

There's a lot of bad players then, because I've gone on 40-50 tank kill runs using a Flash and C4. ;)

Many of them who are supposed to be very, very good players.
  10. Kanil

Given the amount of tanks dying to C4, I'm inclined to agree with this statement, at least...
  11. transy

That is the point of over powered weapon, killing mbt, sunderers and lightnings with ease. It is like this, just grab a pack or 2 of C4 and you can demolish what you want in a singel attack.
  12. qquqq

What is c4 for? I thought it was for blowing tanks up, I thought tossing it on infantry was just a secondary use,

Remove c4 from light assaults,its stupid op on them,

Give grenades a detonate on hit option, and allow them to be dropped. or make the grenade button a charge up mechanic, instead of a cast time.

I don't know why a mbt is being buffed when a lightning has what 3/5 their hp, 1 stick, 3 shells, worse gun,

or make it so that c4 dosn't place if your not with in placing range, dropping c4 from jet pack height still can place it on the tank doing full dmg,
  13. Karrade

It's annoying that people can just fly over jump out and c4 my skyguard, but that's all that's going to kill me when I park it in the right place, that or a really skilled light vehicle.

So no, c4 is fine. I don't use a heavy tank though so I cannot comment on that side of things.

I suppose you could make C4 take a second to go off, giving you a split second noise warning, so the driver could jump out. That might make it more fair I suppose, you've taken out his vehicle and all his points, now you've got to gun him down 1 on 1. Note the C4 is still going to go off no matter what but this way, it's not quite as cheap.
  14. Mikeel

C4 is fine.
    If you get your tank blown up by C4, its your own damn fault.

Personally I dont think I've ever been blown up by C4, while in a tank.. And Im NOT a good tanker - I am however aware of my surroundings.
  15. Karrade

You are missing out the obvious things here.

How many people are coming after you with C4?
    How much of a nuisance have you been, how determined are they?
    How skilled are they?
    What type of position, cover or fight are you in?

I could expand on those but hopefully that'll be enough.
  16. Haquim

I'd simplify it even more:
    Q: What happens when your tank gets blown up by C4?
    A: An infantery unit which is neither MAX nor infiltrator got close to you.

One of the very few uses of the valkyrie I have seen was.... dropping LAs on a tank assault. It didnt survive more than 10 seconds, but in that timeframe 6 MBTs and a sunderer exploded.
    I have been C4'd by enemies that instant-action droppodded 10m behind my tank so I really notice it in the fighting around.
    I don't think I need to explain what the forum seems to have dubbed the '***** flash'.
    If there is any kind of elevated territory around LAs are a constant threat, no matter how much their ability to fly and drop C4 gets downplayed. My experience and the stats show the exact opposite.

Being unaware MIGHT cause you to get C4'd, but it is not by ANY means a prerequisite.
    Also stop ******** already. Tank AI took a huge blow and were promised infantery AV would be reduced as well.
    It is also quite telling that the title of this thread is "Real tankers step up. Just say NO to c4-nerf"
    "Real tankers"? Implying that everyone agreeing to the change must be a fake tanker, someone who doesn't deserve to be called such? That is a cheap attack on the ego of anybody who doesn't agree to the POV of this thread.
    "C4 nerf"? .... Yeah that shows pretty much where this is coming from. C4 is not getting nerfed. Tanks are supposed to get a substantial HP buff. If you want to view yourself as a victim that is in desperate need of help, at least have the decency to remember that this also affects: Rocketlaunchers, AV grenades(lol), possibly AT mines, MAX AV, engineer AV MANA turret.... Or in short ANYTHING that can hurt tanks. And the focus of this lies on this one toy. I wonder why that might be.
  17. Jachim

Yeah, it says it on the can when you open a tank. "Do not use near buildings."

/sarcasm

PS: If you mean in a base, then sure I agree. And I'd be just as dead when AV infantry show up and peek-a-boo me to death. Besides which, 90% of bases not on Indar are locked off from tanks.
  18. Reclaimer77

I think anyone saying "remove C4 from LA" needs to be discounted immediately as a bad player, and just ignored. I mean honestly, that's not even a serious suggestion. More like trolling.

How about we just remove ALL one hit kill weapons from tanks. I mean fair is fair right?
  19. Hiperion

Dont nerf C4 even if i hate dying as i max , i can get my revenge with c4
  20. Sixstring

I love how most of the "real tankers" and "new players" in these threads are really the exact opposite in reality,we have WAY too many LA's and veteran players posing under these guises to effect the developers thought process towards their own infantry-only playstyles and interests. Anyone who plays the vehicle game right now knows how unbalanced infantry is towards vehicles right now but there are too many people who have invested heavily into one part of the game (mostly infantry) and don't want the other less popular (harder) parts of the game to be balanced against them. Does that mean the Devs should just listen to them cry about everything? **** NO! I want a full game with infantry that fear tanks whole-heartedly and would do anything to get away from them,especially when those same players have the same access too tanks IF they chose to use them.