What is in your most hated class to face off against?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Hammerlock

beamer infiltrator ... nothing is more depressing then got killed by a tiny beamer :p
  2. Onhil

3. nehylen

Depends on what i'm playing and what we can consider a "class". By the latter remark i mean that MAXes are some vehicle hybrid with the same kind of nanite paywall.
    If you consider them a class, definitely NC MAX, by a mile. I don't know about VS (being there), but the TR MAX doesn't even come close to the instantskill as a general threat with AI setup, and even if Pounders are a strong option up-close, it's more obnoxious getting farmed from 200m by a guided Raven (plus the annoying noise...bloody effin noise).

If MAXes aren't a class, i'd say HA for all those times as medic where i just hit a 1.7k hp (or more) wall. It's less of a problem, though still the worse prospect overall, with other classes.
    The worse possible condition being a Cyclone HA at <20m, though a few other more generalist options come close (NS-15M -headshots-prone players-, Anchor, MSW-R generally).

Honorable mention to the C4 fairies, always sneaking up on you as MAX (and frequently AA, so screwed), and for generally being able to ruin small scale combat with their urge for sundies.
  4. Robertooooo

Maybe only 300hp less on paper, but MAX'es have 80% resistance to small arms fire so in reality it's around 10k hp if you use small arms against them.

NC MAX'es is the most annoying class to meet. Round a corner, see a NC MAX standing there, get sent to the spawnscreen before you can react.
    • Up x 1
  5. KirthGersen

Hornet ESF when I'm in tank.
    Every infantry class including MAX is fine, it just requires different tactics to kill, while AV ESFs are almost impossible to counter for AV MBT due to limited top gun elevation angle. Ofc I'm not talking about dumb pilots who fly low enough to eat some AP shells.
  6. BillHaverchuck

HA sometimes requires a full clip to be killed.

Light Assault then because its really annoying to guard a building and have light assaults popping from windows or the roof.
  7. Peebuddy

I've always been fond of LAs' during tower fights, nothing gets the blood boiling than a LA jumping up to the guard rail popping you in the face with a pump-action shotgun.

They be breakin' into yo tower snatchin' yo people up!
  8. Keldrath

MAX, they ruin everything.

All the infantry hide behind them, the MAX makes it impossible for me to get at them, so I have to pull out my launcher, then I've got my launcher out but they go behind cover, then I get blindsided by some infantry with my rocket out and get pissed.
  9. Lord_Avatar

The glow of our shields so bloody and red, our faithful T9s spewing forth lead,
    They threw at us bodies in sky-blue and gold, to die by the hunderds like soldiers of old,

The thunder of guns deafening loud, the TR batallion still standing proud!

True is our aim and true is our cause, relentless in slaughter giving no pause,
    They swooped from the skies like vultures of steel, our flak clipped their wings and brought them to heel,

None of us faltered, none of us fled - for all fears and doubts have long since been shed,
    They stormed us in waves - man and machine, we hailed them with shrapnel, their last violent scream,

We stood upon ash and never looked back - the sacred tribe of blood-red and black,
    Savage the battle, dire their fates - the NC who faced us now lie in their graves,

As for my most hated "class" that would have to be the Light PPA Assault. ;)
    • Up x 5
  10. Reclaimer77

People who can't get kills without hooring vehicles.

And yeah, it's not a "class". But since this game is dumb enough to allow a Heavy Assault player the ability to fly planes and drive everything....
  11. Doc Jim

HA and smg-infiltrator.
  12. Selrahc4040

Absolutely beautiful. As for my personal choice as to most hated, do BR100's count?
  13. z1967

Oddly enough I have started to warm up to the Inquisitor and have started using it on my LR/AV build. The issue with it is that the Commissioner exists and the Commissioners alpha damage wins over the Inquisitor's DPM and low drop off.

The NS revolvers really screwed up pistol balance, makes me wish they didn't exist :|
  14. Hatesphere

Its even worse now that they gave them the only sights. I haven't seen very many non NS pistols on anyone over rank 40 lately.
  15. DrPapaPenguin

MAX, by a wide margin.
  16. pnkdth

Medics with equipped with grenade bandolier and rez grenades. They turn intense fights into a game of whack-a-mole. They seriously need to reduce the radius of these things so you at least need to employ a tiny bit of skill in order to use them effectively.

I do not particularly mind anything other than any vehicle drivers/pilots who only play to farm infantry, but those aren't classes, so I'll just let my dislike for these MLG pro l33t farmers simmer in the background.
  17. MetalCotton

You did it wrong, and I didn't participate because I don't really hate any of the classes I fight. Everything is just a squishy target that does jazz hands and falls over when their health hits zero.

BUT, since you'll probably golfclap again:

Enemy medics, stop reviving people I kill. Thanks.
  18. LordTankT9

Snipers... They are irritating and useless.
    • Up x 1
  19. Xind

Hmmm...Light Assault and HA.

Light Assault PURELY AND SOLELY for people dropping C4 into Infantry battles, especially in situations where everyone isn't quite rendering all the time.

Heavy Assault, because I usually play Medic or LA and it does get old having EVERY opponent have a significant amount of HP on me. With LA, I can mitigate it by flanking them (to some extent) but with medic, I have the exact same movement tools they do and it's hard to overcome that advantage.
  20. Liewec123

does it count as "facing" if i say infiltrator snipers that camp the wide open space between your spawn room and the cap point? XD
    if not, then probably HA ;)