Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. TechMechMeds

If the game is going to remain a large scale bf/cod fps then the cert costs need to go down. Isn't it a bit insulting that new players are expected to grind so hard for a game that offers no depth to back it up?.

If the cert cost is lowered then people get what they want quicker, if they get what they want quicker then they stay, if the game retains more new players that have more fun then more money is made.

Right now new players grind hard for bugger all really, I love the game don't get me wrong but the hard grind is not backed up by game depth. Maybe the station cash cost for items could go down as well, as people will spend more if they get more value for their money, does £8.00 seem reasonable for a gun that then requires another 300 certs to be fully functional with weapon attachments?.

Lower the cert costs to be in line with what the game offers please.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pfundi

Well, we got H1Z1, PS2 makes profit now and is going to be on PS4.
    And now theres a lot of new money.
    That has to be good (If you dont believe me, repeat that sentence till you believe it)
    • Up x 3
  3. Badheal1

This doesn't look good. I'm nervous and it sounds like the vast majority of others are as well.

I just want good things for the gaming community.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bush82

Its no more of a grind than unlocking weapons in battlefield. What new players need to know is that they dont even need any other weapons outside of the starting ones. I've spent a good bit of money on weapons and still use the default ones.
    • Up x 1
  5. Goretzu

Whilst it is certainly possible this is a good thing, it seems....... unlikely....... given how these things usually go.

It may well explain a few things over the last 12 months or so however.
    • Up x 2
  6. MikeyGeeMan

Daybreak better move fast before the exodus.

The longer they wait, the more we know we aren't part of their future plans. Because they should have some sort of plan before spending all those bucks
    • Up x 1
  7. OKUK

How about, for a really good start, carrying out EU maintenance projects at off peak times, you know when most people are in bed, or at work, instead of Prime time, ie, TODAYS joke. Still locked at 5.30 pm is ridiculous. Here's hoping.
    • Up x 3
  8. WarmasterRaptor

Well, if any moderators are still reading up to this point, could you guys please ask / pass the word to the new owners that we'd like them to drop by and say hello, talk a bit about their goals with SoE Daybreak, the games currently live, or anything?

Like it was said, that would give a nice positive look on things to come for us the community.
    • Up x 4
  9. Syphers

I think that this might be good news for the devs and us seeing as how things weren't going that well with sony anyway. They probably didn't allow a real comfortable budget for their games to begin with as these kind of games are no simple tasks. If they really invest and polish their games there's alot of money to be made with these great titles and ideas.
    • Up x 2
  10. TheRunDown

Will there still be "One Currency" I couldn't stand it when SoE and Pro7 had different subscriptions and StationCash..
    Not to mention the constant neglect we in the EU get when SoE are doing SC exclusive offers with CashCards...

I also hate companies that Region Lock Clients, and I hope Columbus Nova has no intention of Regionlizing our favourite MMOs..
    Region Locking Games is a quick fire way of killing a game in half its maximum life spam. All my friends quit DC Universe because we couldn't play with each other any more.
    • Up x 2
  11. HadesR

After seeing 3 people with the invisible bug within the space of 20 mins after logging on .. One would hope the new bosses light fires under the bug patch ***** ..
    • Up x 1
  12. FBVanu

• Up x 1
  13. TheRunDown

I've read back on some pages about people being worried that Columbus Nova might have the intention of changing the games model from F2P to P2W or Subscription..

I doubt it will be a Sub only game, as it stated SoE will function the same mostly..
    And for P2W, PlanetSide 2 is borderline P2W, the only difference is, the way it's done is quite and reasonably acceptable for the most part, so making PlanetSide 2 P2W... Would kill the Player Base within 24 hours.. There barely anything keeping us attach to this game, other than our Time Spent on characters and empty development promises.. in hopes that some PlanetSide will be added to PlanetSide 2.. but seeing as none of that has come to pass, this game wont have much longer left in it without any real development.

Let's face it, Hossin was only added to keep happy and quite for another year.
    The Core Game play is yet to exist, and most people don't care about Alerts, and most of us just look for a good Farm for Implants and Charges since the drop rate has been reduced in attempts to force people to buy Charges and Implants which everyone laughed at and happily address their anger on the forums about it. New players have taken a huge hit to the balls from the VERY low drop rate of Charges and Implants, while us Farmers couldn't care less, those who can't farm or less skilled, are forced to play with no Implants or with Low Tier Implants, It only effect the new players, the ones that fuel the game! The Farmers have EVERYTHING, and have no need to give more money to SOE because of it..

I'm not a super Farmer like some people I know.. but I do my best (while actually trying to pretend there is some PlanetSide in PlanetSide 2, and try to make the effort to play with the team).. I have not see a Charge drop in over a week..
    • Up x 2
  14. TechMechMeds

I disagree as the weapons in battlefield get unlocked rather than farming to unlock one at a time.
  15. MikeyGeeMan

Maybe the new owners should play a few rounds. Setup some characters etc. Play with us...
    • Up x 3
  16. TheHK013

I've a feeling this is bad but if we look closely planetside is (i think) the only MMOFPS with this quantity of epicness and is the only one in this monopoly... So i guess they wont destroy it since is unique, is a great game, has great community and has a solid base from they can work. (Pls make this investment count)
  17. GizzardGoon

Wow.

I really want to be optimistic about this acquisition but I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about it. I think it may be because every experience I've had with a developer being sold/acquired by another firm ended in complete disaster.

• Up x 1
  18. CapEnTrade

RIP Planetside2
    :(
  19. MikeyGeeMan

20. Drasilov

Well if they bought the company they must think it has something going for it.

Personally I think they will shut down all the older games like EQ1 and EQ2 and develop profitable games for mobiles. Games cost too much money and time to develop and support over the years. A company who is only interested in short term profit will drop anything that isn't likely to make money or costs too much to run. Simple, copy and paste pay to win games on mobile platforms make more money than A list games.

I doubt this is good news but you never know I guess. Until we know more I sure aint paying for any SC.
    • Up x 1